X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
    Sometimes I think about starting a thread here about my issues with the whole "burning times" thing, and then I think about it and decide its probably not worth my time and effort to discuss when I have so much work to do.
    Several years ago, I'd have said go for it but several years ago I was strongly contemplating doing so myself as a counter to some truly horrendous misrepresentations that a given member at the time liked to post. As he's gone and most of the current active membership don't post the same crap...

it's probably more effort than it's worth.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Several years ago, I'd have said go for it but several years ago I was strongly contemplating doing so myself as a counter to some truly horrendous misrepresentations that a given member at the time liked to post. As he's gone and most of the current active membership don't post the same crap...

it's probably more effort than it's worth.
      That's what I've been thinking. I mean, it would take a lot of time to properly cite my sources... But I feel like there is a larger discussion that needs to go on in both Christian and Pagan communities about overblown persecution narratives that stretch the historical record past the breaking point. IMHO.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        That's what I've been thinking. I mean, it would take a lot of time to properly cite my sources... But I feel like there is a larger discussion that needs to go on in both Christian and Pagan communities about overblown persecution narratives that stretch the historical record past the breaking point. IMHO.
        Figure that doesn't even touch the feminist movements utilization of the term and made the period even wider so it includes basically all of western history and millions of women persecuted and exploited.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I confess that I'm gonna buy a ticket to somewhere outside Israel after army. I almost don't care where. All I care about is a good weather (raaaaiiiin!!!!), finding a good job and apartment, and I really want the place to be safe. Oh and I shouldn't forget the language.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            I confess that I'm gonna buy a ticket to somewhere outside Israel after army. I almost don't care where. All I care about is a good weather (raaaaiiiin!!!!), finding a good job and apartment, and I really want the place to be safe. Oh and I shouldn't forget the language.
            If you land in the DC area, look me up.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Sometimes i really dont know what i am going to do with my life. Times like now i want to see my future so i have an idea of what choices to make.

Comment

My true intentions are world domination

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
                  My true intentions are world domination
                  Gotta watch those quiet types!

I confess.. I am going to have to do something else rather than look after my baby full-time before I go bonkers.

Comment

I confess that is the most excitinf spam EVER!
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I confess that I don't want to start this school year...
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Noone ever does. How do you think us teachers feel? Haha you have the easy job!
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I don't blame u I'm also in the same boat but I'm dreading my return to school this year in fact. I'm going to a new high school full of hatefull homophobic (which could pose a problem for me) kids in a school meant for making up credits yayyyy.
                          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                            I don't blame u I'm also in the same boat but I'm dreading my return to school this year in fact. I'm going to a new high school full of hatefull homophobic (which could pose a problem for me) kids in a school meant for making up credits yayyyy.
                            Best of luck to you! What grade are you attending to, if I may ask?

Comment

Best of luck to you! What grade are you attending to, if I may ask?
                              Ninth grade I'm supposed to be in eleventh grade I failed last year .
                              Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                                Ninth grade I'm supposed to be in eleventh grade I failed last year .
                                Ok. I am starting eleventh grade this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X