This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I don't wear my pentagram out much, unless I'm going to a friend's house or something, for fear of being misunderstood seeing as how most of them think of me as an atheist.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I confess that I've now made use of the forum's 'ignore' feature.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

For jcaternolo?

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
          For jcaternolo?
          Not being Chain, I have no comment on who he stuck on ignore. He'll answer that question as he sees fit.

As a matter of general principle, I frown on this question or any variation of it popping up on public boards. It can (and in some locations I'm familiar with, it has), very quickly lead to insanely petty crap that is useful to no one. The purpose of an ignore feature is to avoid interaction with a specific member. Publicizing ignore lists alters it from a tool of avoidance into a method of dealing out backhanded assaults to other members. There is no need for this information to be sought out in the future.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's because one of his threads, I honestly didn't mean any sort of quarrel with this.

Comment

i confess when my mom wants me to vacuum the house, i pick up the big pieces of junk and only vacuum the high traffic area. in the end, theres a clean path from the front door to the kitchen lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                It's because one of his threads, I honestly didn't mean any sort of quarrel with this.

Hmm, it's not that big an issue atm. Trust me if I thought you were actively seeking a quarrel then my response would have been significantly more colorful. As it stands, this particular issue doesn't pop up on PF often and I'm waiting to hear opinions about some things in staff section. I just don't particularly consider it a wise or useful line of discussion to start in the future. ATM, though, that is my opinion, not policy. Your question violates no existing rule of PF to my knowledge and Chain may well disagree with me.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I'm not gonna insist on it, though. For the sake of public order.

Comment

Meh. I confess that I'm slightly amused.

Not to make anything of it but that a confession leads to the want/need for more information, and in fact more confessing.

To answer that, however? Nope.

And a further confession, even, I kind of agree with MO, now that it's been brought up. I hadn't considered the line of thought deal, particularly in terms of disruption. This is why it was a good choice, bringing MaskedOne on board as part of the staff. (The sharp, pointy part?)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Has no idea how one does "Ignore" I have never yet thought to myself "Where the frack is that button already"
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        (The sharp, pointy part?)
                        Blades

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Has no idea how one does "Ignore" I have never yet thought to myself "Where the frack is that button already"
                        Settings >>> Edit Ignore List (It's on vertical nav bar along the left side) >>> follow prompts >>> PROFIT!!!

Comment

Immediately attempts to ignore Mask,BUT this ghost in the machine wags its giant finger,and says Tisk!! Tisk!!

I ponder my fate as the room grows dim and the smell of pizza fills my senses.....AGAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I become french bread Pizza...goodby cruel world.........

And so,you understand my somewhat warped sense of humor.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Settings >>> Edit Ignore List (It's on vertical nav bar along the left side) >>> follow prompts >>> PROFIT!!!
                            Or go view person's profile, click "add to ignore list" link under avatar.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I confess I judge Satanists harder then any other group. And I hold them up to a higher standard.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that I am so done with useless conflict. Going to become one of those hippies that passes around hugs and pastries instead of complaints and egotism.

Comment

Working...
                                X