This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I was elsewhere on the internet recently, and a newbie pagan was very frustrated because she wasn't getting a response to her prayers and offerings.

The response on this from other inhabitants was "just believe", "just have faith", etc, and it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I really don't like the idea of anyone being told to just push until they convince themselves of something.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      Hey, now. Keep it clean. This isn't the adult section.

*but takes notes, anyway
      Cmon, I was set up! :P
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Woke up at 10am *having gone to bed like 4ish am) turned on the a/c and promptly napped till 5pm. 5 days straight of work and I spent my first day off napping into oblivion! Felts great.

I confess I don't care I woke up to promptly nap.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that right now I should be cleaning my house and washing my big soup pot so I can make dinner for my folks tonight. Eh.

Comment

I confess that me and my 8/9 class are watching School of Rock.

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              I confess that me and my 8/9 class are watching School of Rock.
              ... and using her phone in class. Oh dear, Mrs Heka :no:

Comment

I admit that sometimes I feel like so many people join this forum, I get sick of writing "Welcome, you'll like it here." "Welcome, hope you find what you're looking for!"

It's not them, its me.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

... and using her phone in class. Oh dear, Mrs Heka :no:

Im that awesome

And Doc, I'm horrible, I don't bother anymore haha

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    I admit that sometimes I feel like so many people join this forum, I get sick of writing "Welcome, you'll like it here." "Welcome, hope you find what you're looking for!"

It's not them, its me.
                    I personally don't greet the new members because I feel I will scare them off. So I just hide under the PF couch and wait to pounce!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post

It's not them, its me.
                      I confess that I NEVER greet new members or even look in the Intro board. I just... don't have the patience? Or something.

And I'm also very careful to only answer newbie questions if I'm in a certain frame of mind. I don't like being mean or snarky to newbies. So I stay away in general. We were all new once.

Comment

*runs around madly with her cloak of newbie cooties on, finger outstretched and chasing people around*

Ye gods, I am tired ... brain is going into silly mode.

In that vein, I confess that my mind takes some really really odd turns sometimes. And it is why I avoid horror movies completely. I can mindfuck myself quite easily, and have on occasions, and once there, it is damn hard to get out of. So, no horror movies or the like to give me "inspiration". I become a nope-motor when someone suggests such things. I've never really confessed that such things terrify me ... because it takes way too damn long to explain that it isn't the movie or the haunted house itself that terrifies me ... its just a damn movie ... but its what my mind can be inspired to dream up on its own after the fact that terrifies me.

Comment

Too much to read, too many people to spy on, speaking in every thread I read would take ages
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I personally don't greet the new members because I feel I will scare them off. So I just hide under the PF couch and wait to pounce!
                            This is kinda where I'm at - and that I personally greeted each member for something like 4 years. That I'm an Atheist and I like to make things personal, you know, take an interest, leaves me with coming off as a douchebag.

Which I am, but there's no point in advertising so blatantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                              This is kinda where I'm at - and that I personally greeted each member for something like 4 years. That I'm an Atheist and I like to make things personal, you know, take an interest, leaves me with coming off as a douchebag.

Which I am, but there's no point in advertising so blatantly.
                              Did we turn into the 'crazy aunt' you don't introduce your gf to?

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Too much to read, too many people to spy on, speaking in every thread I read would take ages
                                You need minions.

Preferably the type that have been connected together in some form on hive-mind over which you have complete control.

Maybe you can bend your nefarious soul pizza making to such an purpose. Because frankly... so far I have yet to detect the effects of you having harvested my soul. Shouldn't I feel... I don't know... minion-ated? Or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X