X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=182.msg10848#msg10848 date=1289235923]
    I confess that a friend of the family loaned me a CD of Wicked, and I'm not a fan.

I don't think my generation--20-somethings who in large numbers are refusing to grow up, separate from their helicopter parents, get a job and be big kids-- needs any more encouragement whining about how misunderstood and mistreated they are, while at the same time being self-absorbed jerks. Just saying.
    [/quote]
    Like the musical or the book. The book is amazing. Especially for women with low self esteem. My friend Beth is actually doing an essay for college on the character and how she could be considered a monster. I especially like the Animal right's storyline as well...along with terrorism etc etc. We must be talking about two different things, right?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=182.msg10985#msg10985 date=1289253045]
      Like the musical or the book. The book is amazing. Especially for women with low self esteem. My friend Beth is actually doing an essay for college on the character and how she could be considered a monster. I especially like the Animal right's storyline as well...along with terrorism etc etc. We must be talking about two different things, right?
      [/quote]

Like I said, the first half of the book isn't bad - once the castle shows up, though, from that point to the end was awful.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=182.msg11044#msg11044 date=1289259734]
        Like I said, the first half of the book isn't bad - once the castle shows up, though, from that point to the end was awful.
        [/quote]
        Ah I see. It's been a while since I read it. I got it when no one heard of it. Picked it up in a bargain book store for $4! ;D
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

i confess i am very angry that i am broke yet my boyfriend is standing outside for five hours to buy call of duty black ops so he can ignore me and the rest of the world for at least one month. if i didnt love netflix so much i would have trashed that ps3 long ago -.-
          sigpic

Comment

I confess I'm finding this place addicting!

Comment

I confess David Tennant gives me a girl erection.

But he's better recognized as this:

*swoon*

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=182.msg11113#msg11113 date=1289281035]
                I confess David Tennant gives me a girl erection.

But he's better recognized as this:

*swoon*
                [/quote]
                :-*

David Tennant is YUMMY!

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=182.msg11117#msg11117 date=1289288429]
                  :-*

David Tennant is YUMMY!
                  [/quote]

I know, eh! ;D

What really amuses me is that Steve's last name is Tennant, and he has a PhD, making him a doctor...but he REFUSES to let me call him Doctor. (Still not as hot as David, though!)

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=182.msg11163#msg11163 date=1289314978]
                    I know, eh! ;D

What really amuses me is that Steve's last name is Tennant, and he has a PhD, making him a doctor...but he REFUSES to let me call him Doctor. (Still not as hot as David, though!)
                    [/quote]

Doctor can be his bedroom name :P

ALSO I confess I want millions of tattoos. X
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Random Fact: Did you know 'Tennant' Isn't David's real name? It's McDonald, but he changed it apparantly because it sounded too Scottish.

"Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=182.msg10985#msg10985 date=1289253045]
                        [/quote]

I really liked the book as well. But it was a difficult read in my opinion

Comment

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=182.msg11223#msg11223 date=1289330257]
                          Random Fact: Did you know 'Tennant' Isn't David's real name? It's McDonald, but he changed it apparantly because it sounded too Scottish.

[/quote]

Random Fact: I did indeed.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hes yummalishous, never heard of him though.
                            Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=182.msg11285#msg11285 date=1289344368]
                              Hes yummalishous, never heard of him though.
                              [/quote]

British actor, best known for his work as Doctor Who, and his role in Hamlet. (imo)

Mostly art.

Comment

Hmmm, I like to think I'm incredibly clever, but I never read any books, don't do my homework, keep unbelievably stupid hours, drink heart-attack-inducing amounts of caffeine to compensate and have managed to change people around me, mostly in a way that means they're less happy about the world. But I'm still a freaking genius.

Right?

Comment

Working...
                                X