X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Confessions

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I paid $9.27 for a 2.3 pound bag of cherries. Yup. No regrets. These things are perfectly ripe and huge! They just pop in your mouth.
    That would have cost $16 here for the same bag...
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't like going to doctors since I was a little kid. Also I love going to school since I was a little kid.

Comment

So I'm without a bike at the moment. Not a big big deal. I take two buses in under 20 minutes. And I get rides home. But I miss the independence I got from riding.

So I took the first bus to work. But I watched as it sped on by, just on time for once in the universe of buses never being on time. I got the on time bus. So I walked back to my house. And I waited for another hour because I didn't want to just go back in 15 minutes after that heat and all. I got the bus later and took it to the mall. Waited for only a few minutes to catch the second bus. I got on it. Heeeeey, we are passing the stree......oh crap. I jumped on the bus I just go off going home. Because I'm like in a haze today. Thankfully I'm still close enough down the street where the asst manager sent V to come pick me up. He called me a n00b bus rider!

I'm so embarrassed.

I blame it on my period. I've just been in this weird daze today.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've been just ignoring people lately. Not because I'm angry at anyone in particular, but because I've been having more instances of wanting to be left alone.
          “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            I've been just ignoring people lately. Not because I'm angry at anyone in particular, but because I've been having more instances of wanting to be left alone.
            I've been exceptionally nice to my customers and accommodating. Not because I want to be nice. I just want them to also go away...quickly. I'm like yeah, exchange, on your way now....scoot....scoot...scooooot!

Comment

I'm unfairly snobbish towards people who try to use Japanese but clearly don't really know it. I hide it. I mean, I don't bite (although I will laugh with JP about it if he's near) but I really find myself being irritated by it. Like just now I saw one of those stupid click bait things on fb and it happened to be about Japan. I don't click on them, but I happened to read some of the comments. So many bull sh*t claims, false information and.. gah.. posts like 'Japan is a subarashi kuni des' (of which only 'kuni' is correct).

I know I'm being a bitch. That they at least know the word 'subarashii' is pretty cool, even if they didn't write it correctly. Not everyone has no life like me so is able to put in the hundreds of study hours I have. So why am I so arrogant about this? It's not like my Japanese is perfect either and actually, i typo lot if I try to write in romaji. Heck, my English us pretty shoddy too.

We humans are rotten. Rotten I tells ya!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh Jem,you hit the mark about us humans. I am a human,but even I know the term "To err is human" and "I am only human" ,"sorry,I am only a freaking Human after all"
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I haven't cried in a long time. I cried tonight, well this morning since it's 2AM. It feels so weird. Usually I cry out of frustration and anger.
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Hypocrisy is a part of what makes us human. Nobody has never been hypocritical. It's about recognizing when you're about to give unnecessary criticism and holding back, because you'll never be able to stop yourself being annoyed by something, just because something else you do could be criticized.

Sometimes I really don't like my nieces and nephew (the ones aged about 4 and above). When they're little, they're cool, they don't pester you as much. But kids, oh my god they talk such inane crap that I can't believe they think anyone cares about. They're like this until they hit their teens when they pretty much stop talking altogether. I look forward to that, sometimes. Oh and when they say they want to show you something, and you know it's completely dull, but you follow them, and it IS completely dull.
                    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                    But that day you know I left my money
                    And I thought of you only
                    All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      I'm unfairly snobbish towards people who try to use Japanese but clearly don't really know it. I hide it. I mean, I don't bite (although I will laugh with JP about it if he's near) but I really find myself being irritated by it. Like just now I saw one of those stupid click bait things on fb and it happened to be about Japan. I don't click on them, but I happened to read some of the comments. So many bull sh*t claims, false information and.. gah.. posts like 'Japan is a subarashi kuni des' (of which only 'kuni' is correct).

I know I'm being a bitch. That they at least know the word 'subarashii' is pretty cool, even if they didn't write it correctly. Not everyone has no life like me so is able to put in the hundreds of study hours I have. So why am I so arrogant about this? It's not like my Japanese is perfect either and actually, i typo lot if I try to write in romaji. Heck, my English us pretty shoddy too.

We humans are rotten. Rotten I tells ya!
                      Japanese is sort of like English in ways though in that it has regional dialects and rules. I lived in northern Japan (Nippon) for 6.5 years and we used certain words there that were poor or improper when we used them in Tokyo or in the Kanto plain area period. Same applied to Katakana and Hiragana characters in how they were written and even spoken though some of the variants were so slight that you would be hard pressed to recognize the difference unless they were pointed out to you. Even to the point of having Northern and Southern draws to the language which made it interesting though you'd think it wouldn't be there. Heard similar differences between some of the Kanto Plains area and the Amori District up North when you got into the mountains. Again not real major differences except in how some things were said, but enough that you had to listen, sort of like how a person from say Boston says something different than a person from Atlanta.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Jembru, this is sort of a side question but do you find you use Japanese or Nipponese more when you refer to the language itself? I always found more gaikokujin or gaijin recognize Japanese than Nipponese but while in Japan more Japanese tried harder if we used Nipponese vice Japanese to refer to the language. Granted we butchered it badly many times but between our broken Nipponese and their broken English we made our selves understood.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          Jembru, this is sort of a side question but do you find you use Japanese or Nipponese more when you refer to the language itself? I always found more gaikokujin or gaijin recognize Japanese than Nipponese but while in Japan more Japanese tried harder if we used Nipponese vice Japanese to refer to the language. Granted we butchered it badly many times but between our broken Nipponese and their broken English we made our selves understood.
                          へー、モンスノさんって、日本語喋るの?知らなかった!いつか日本語でのスレを開催しようよ!でもあのスレ に参加した時には私の日本語は今よりも下手だったけどさ。^^' 勘弁してくださ~い!

'Nipponese' is not a term I ever use so I don't know what you mean. If I am speaking Japanese, I would refer to Japanese as nihongo (日本語), while in English I'd stick to a term that exists in that language and go for 'Japanese'. Is 'nipponese' something from gaijin culture like the 'charisma man' thing?

I agree that a lot can be conveyed with broken Japanese. It took me a long time to learn that my JLPT level had near zero relation to my ability to converse in Japanese. Conversation skills can (and I believe should) be learnt very early on in your development. I've met beginners who can express themselves very effectively with creative use of broken Japanese, and also met people who have passed the JLPT N1 (highest level) and couldn't hold down a conversation. I am somewhere between I guess. I know a lot of vocab and grammar, and can read jouyou kanji but my execution of that knowledge is sloppy. I'm not all that good at just 'winging it' the way I see other learners do. 

At any rate, I have no right to be slating other people for trying their best!
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I guess loosely it would be based upon Japan being Nippon so its people would speak Nipponese. Of course it also goes back to how it is pronounced is it Nippon or Nihon which I understand is still debated as to which is proper and may vary depending upon generation. It's like on postage stamps it's printed Nippon vice Nihon which seems to suggest the Nippon pronunciation is the correct official one but who knows. Still a corruption such as Japan so language is Japanese.

Writing wise it's been years since I tried to write or read it in either form so am so rusty I couldn't read it if I wanted to now. Last time was in 1991 I think when I was boarding a plane to leave Haneda Airport outside of Tokyo for the final time.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              I guess loosely it would be based upon Japan being Nippon so its people would speak Nipponese. Of course it also goes back to how it is pronounced is it Nippon or Nihon which I understand is still debated as to which is proper and may vary depending upon generation. It's like on postage stamps it's printed Nippon vice Nihon which seems to suggest the Nippon pronunciation is the correct official one but who knows. Still a corruption such as Japan so language is Japanese.

Writing wise it's been years since I tried to write or read it in either form so am so rusty I couldn't read it if I wanted to now. Last time was in 1991 I think when I was boarding a plane to leave Haneda Airport outside of Tokyo for the final time.
                              Yeah, there are a few words that can be read multiple ways. It used to really bother me. Like if I read a novel and see something like, '俺の家は公園の前...’ (my house is opposite the park) the '家’ can be read 'uchi' or 'ie' and there is NO way of knowing from the way it's written. I can guess that because the pronoun is 'ore' that the speaker is likely to go for 'ie', but that's not a fixed rule, just my own personal instinct. 'Uchi' feels a bit more feminine or formal. But two people could read that and both read the sentence differently and neither would be wrong. There are instances where you do know from the context though, like この間 can be read 'kono aida' or 'kono kan' and which you use depends on whether the context is 'the other day' (kono aida), or 'during that time or 'since I last saw you' (kono kan).

Anyway, my point is that I rarely use 'nippon', prefering instead to use 'nihon'. I guess in my case it's purely because textbook Japanese prefers the latter these days. You definitely hear both used though, and I agree that there's a generational shift towards nihon.

Actually, this brings me to another confession. For all my Japanophilia and weeabishness, I'm really not into Japanese right now. I still use it here and there with Japanese speaking friends, but for almost 3 months now I've hardly studied at all and haven't been listening to podcasts or watching lets plays in Japanese like I used to. I hope it's just a phase because it would be a shame to lose the language. Right now though, I just find myself completely indifferent towards the language. Indifferent, and yet still arrogant enough to turn my nose up at other learners..

Comment

I lost 1.4 pounds this week (I'm on a meal plan to lose 1 pound a week)
                                It seems so little to everyone I'm sure. But I'm on track. It's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X