X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=182.msg2059#msg2059 date=1286974915]
    Skim through the intros and see how many she's responded to. Makes a good way to boost a count.
    [/quote]

And she replaced a lot of the old threads here!

Comment

I confess that as much as I want to be in a relationship and have a family, that I may have commitment issues.

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=182.msg2059#msg2059 date=1286974915]
        Skim through the intros and see how many she's responded to. Makes a good way to boost a count.
        [/quote]

48, including my own intro...
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I confess when my daughter was a baby and I was taking care of her and was home, I watched a Latino soap opera and actually really liked it (haven't done it since though). :-[
          When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!

Comment

I confess that I'm really tempted about ordering two or three new tarot decks even though I obviously shouldn't considering the student budget because I already bought a pair of boots, some decoration stuff and quite expensive curtain fabric (i really don't know which of those words I should use here which the dictionary gives.. cloth? fabric? textile?) this month. >

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=182.msg2508#msg2508 date=1287058745]
              quite expensive curtain fabric (i really don't know which of those words I should use here which the dictionary gives.. cloth? fabric? textile?) this month. >
              [/quote]

Fabric was a good option! You could have said cloth as well, but it would probably have been better phrased then as "cloth for curtains" and textiles is more of a technical term that isn't used very often.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=182.msg2512#msg2512 date=1287059001]
                Fabric was a good option! You could have said cloth as well, but it would probably have been better phrased then as "cloth for curtains" and textiles is more of a technical term that isn't used very often.
                [/quote]

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

I confess I just bought the Margarete Petersen tarot deck... ooops. I didn't mean to! Really. I'm really good with rationalizing these to myself... Like "but it's sold out from everywhere except from here -> if i don't order it know, i might never get it!".

Comment

I'm reading PF instead of starting the story I need to show my group in 10 hours.
                    I follow the Magpie path. "Oh SHINY belief" Yoink!

Comment

I confess that I have a ton of homework...and I don't want to do any of it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I confess that I've had enough of people today...and am staying home, unpacking, in my underwear, with the heat turned up.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I confess that I loathe retail.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess that I don't really know what love is and have serious commitment issues.
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=182.msg2564#msg2564 date=1287068814]
                              I confess that I don't really know what love is and have serious commitment issues.
                              [/quote]

I had the same feeling before I met my boyfriend in January. And I had dated guys before too (even several months), but it just never felt right after awhile. Now it does. I also had a serious commintment issues before, I actually thought i'd want to be single forever (or at least until i was middleaged or so) and i'd be happier without any men involved my life, but it has changed during this year. I still sort of "panic" sometimes and start having thoughts, but I always get over it when i start to really think about my boyfriend.

I told this because I think the same might happen to you also. I hope it will.

Comment

I confess that I have a hangover today because I was drinking to forget last night. It worked, but I feel terrible today

(FYI: drinking to forget some unreleased holocaust footage I saw at the film festival yesterday. It was so perishingly sad that I couldn't function afterwards.)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X