This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=182.msg2610#msg2610 date=1287077525]
    I confess that I have a hangover today because I was drinking to forget last night. It worked, but I feel terrible today

(FYI: drinking to forget some unreleased holocaust footage I saw at the film festival yesterday. It was so perishingly sad that I couldn't function afterwards.)
    [/quote]

Ughh, holocaust, not fun.

Read a book written by one of few survivors of Sobibor. Have managed to avoid actual pictures for a couple years.

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=182.msg2616#msg2616 date=1287078206]
      Ughh, holocaust, not fun.

Read a book written by one of few survivors of Sobibor. Have managed to avoid actual pictures for a couple years.
      [/quote]

Yeah...I read a book about Treblinka a few years back...that was rough to get through.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=182.msg1440#msg1440 date=1286854782]
        i confess that i am afraid to be a parent. even though it is what i have always wanted for myself. i am afraid that i will snap and beat my kids because i cant deal with them. im sure this fear comes from how i was raised. but im coming to the conclusion that even though i would love to be a mom, i shouldnt be.
        [/quote]
        i dont think that would happen. from your childhood experience comes knowledge on what is wrong and right. by experiencing these things, you know how it affected you, and what it would do to your child
        "He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened"
        ~Tao Te Cheng

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=182.msg2652#msg2652 date=1287083311]
          Yeah...I read a book about Treblinka a few years back...that was rough to get through.
          [/quote]

Ouch, Sobibor at least has a brighter (if it's not profane to suggest anything good about that F-ing hellhole) end. The Nazis are dumb enough to stick Soviet military in there and they organized a revolt that evacs the majority of workers not in Camp 3 (I won't elaborate on Camp 3). Treblinka, if memory serves never made that mistake.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess, sometimes i run into things just so i don't have to do gym at school
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I confess I bought and devoured a bag of Ghiridelli chocolates today.

Bad me!

Comment

I confess that I really don't feel like cuddling with my cat right now. He really wants to snuggle though and I feel bad because I kind of want some space to read. But he keeps purring and giving me this look:

ARG guilt.

Comment

i confess that i am addicted to honest tea peach tea
                  "He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened"
                  ~Tao Te Cheng

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=182.msg2689#msg2689 date=1287086236]
                    I confess that I really don't feel like cuddling with my cat right now. He really wants to snuggle though and I feel bad because I kind of want some space to read. But he keeps purring and giving me this look:

ARG guilt.
                    [/quote]

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Yeah my cat gives me the "look" quite often as well

Comment

i confess i dont care if you dont like the dress, its my first attempt at something, im not a professional and i never asked you if i could make it.. you asked me to make it.

Comment

I confess that I didn't feel like making dinner for my family, so I told them I had a headache and went to bed.
                        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=182.msg2689#msg2689 date=1287086236]

ARG guilt.
                          [/quote]
                          I get that look four times a day and when I'm reading my cat will knock the book out of my hands to lay on my chest.I usually give in after that I just can't resist that look! I confess I am weak -_-
                          Circe

Comment

i confess Randy Pausch's last lecture STILL makes me cry
                            sigpic

Comment

I confess that I'm supposed to be writing right now, so I better go do it.

And that before I do, I'm going to go watch the sex scene from the latest Weeds again because HOT DAMN I love me some Mary-Louise Parker.

;D

Comment

I confess I've spent pretty much the whole day on the computer and read only something like 15 pages of the book I'm supposed to be reading now for my thesis.. And I could also confess that quite big amount of that net surfing has been on the webstores browsing some gemstones.

Comment

Working...
                                X