King Tutankhamen and the meteor blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Tutankhamen and the meteor blade

This is kind of cool - at the time King Tut was alive, the Egyptians were using copper tools for cutting even very, very hard stone.

But King T had a dagger made of iron from a meteorite.

King Tut's dagger was 'made from a meteorite'
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: King Tutankhamen and the meteor blade

I remember reading somewhere about beads in an Egyptian tomb, that were also made from meteorites. There is so much we don't understand about the tools they used. At the risk of derailing the thread, I would say that the same goes for clothing... maybe I'd better start a thread on that one of these days...
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

What I found particulary interesting is that the Egyptians seem to have been aware that the metal came from meteorites, and wasn't a naturally occuring earth alloy.

They were pretty sophisticated in science - their chemistry, for example, was pretty darned good. Those beads were not only made of metiorites, they were also constructed out of faux gemstones (imitation turqiouse, carnellian, etc.) made from a substance still known as "Egyptian paste" - a self-glazing clay.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Pasties then..envisions a meteor with pasties on its rocky bumps..My mind she does wander..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
        X