X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st century insanity spreads to Great Britain

Will it never end, anywhere?

British Lawmaker Jo Cox Dies After Attack

I don't know much about GB politics, but she had a husband and two kids.

What is wrong with the world these days?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: 21st century insanity spreads to Great Britain

Horrible case. There have been a few instances where MPs have been injured and even murdered over the past years (the IRA used to target some of them) but this was a particularly horrible case and the fact he shot her in the face, shot her three times in all and was stabbing her - even kicked her after she was dead. There are some rumours that he shouted 'Britain First' (the name of a far right group) but that is being disputed. If he had been a Muslim of course, we would be looking at a terrorist attack. (It may well be one anyway.)
    I think the link is a bit wide of the mark in calling her a lawmaker for the Opposition Party though. She was a Labour MP - they're in opposition, and of course it's only the ruling party that gets to form the government (except in rare cases when there's a coalition.)
    Dreadfully sad for her family.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

As the stepsister of a labour MP, I am absolutely horrified by this news. She so easily could have been my sister. I often react badly to news, but this time it's just too close to home. I'm not cool right now.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        As the stepsister of a labour MP, I am absolutely horrified by this news. She so easily could have been my sister. I often react badly to news, but this time it's just too close to home. I'm not cool right now.
        Oh Jembru! This makes a already terrible thing much worse!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Probably best to turn off the news broadcasts for a while. MPs have always been vulnerable in their surgeries, and I'm sure they have been threatened (and attacked) in the past, but this was just awful. Big hugs X
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

That must be so scary. *Hugs*

Comment

I was watching a video of her addressing parliment about refugees.

Again, I don't know much about her, or how she is regarded in GB, but she appears to have been caring and compassionate. I wish we actually had more people like her in the US government.

Comment

Working...
              X