X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what's happening in the UK

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    It's really, horrible.
    Has news of the CHilcot report reached outside the UK I wonder? And if so, what is the reaction to it?
    Yeah, it's been big news here, but then again, most Germans (and Canadians...it's news there too) were hugely against the Iraq War.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
      It's really, horrible.
      Has news of the CHilcot report reached outside the UK I wonder? And if so, what is the reaction to it?
      Yep, it's pretty big here too (well it was earlier today at least). Though our media are basically just translating articles from your media... I haven't seen any real reaction to it yet... I saw a few headlines earlier. But now I can't find any, burried under football I think. Weird priotities.
      Last edited by iris; 07 Jul 2016, 14:54.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Corbyn has spoken:

Labour’s membership has surged to half a million. And all of us know freedom of movement will never be accepted if it means the freedom to exploit cheap labour

Comment

I disagree with a few points, but it's largely something I can get behind.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Corbyn is brilliant.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I usually agree with him. I appreciate him as a political leader and wish we had someone of his level of influence here. Generally, the Left and most of the Greens share a lot of his ideas here, but they're not so influential in federal politics right now.

Comment

Working...
              X