Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF? Has it come to this?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: WTF? Has it come to this?

I think a sniper needs to come out and shoot all sorts of people. And then maybe they will shut up.

Like a United Beneton ad. And the sniper will be half muslim, christian mixed but also atheist. And be white and black but also an illegal immigrant and a liberal who voted last time as a Republican. And that it will be a hermaphrodite and also like the Bulls and the Lakers. Will be a vegan but sneaks organic meat in every Sunday. And someone who has never watched an episode of Game of Thrones but loves Steve Wilco.

The end.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

From watching the news,it looks like the melting pot is still boiling,mainly because everyone keeps turning the heat back up..then down a little bit,then back up again...seems only a matter of time it boils over and gets all over,then gets cleaned up until the next time.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

The whole seeing cops as murderers thing is bizarre to me. Then again, I've never been in a big city longer than a few hours and know most of our town's officers by name. The one time someone got killed by the police, which was before I was born, a lot of people called foul on it. It was never "the police," though, it was always "that guy."

We have drug raids, all the time, but they don't end badly. I think it might be because I don't know, and never even heard of, anyone who owns a pistol. Just rifles and the occasional shotgun. It could also be a race thing. I mean most people, including the cops, are native.

Just a couple days ago my grandpa was complaining about "the white cop."
    Last edited by Denarius; 08 Jul 2016 at 17:09.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Why is it that we have not learned from history? It seems that we are getting more stupid as the years go on.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Why is it that we have not learned from history? It seems that we are getting more stupid as the years go on.
    I'm almost certain we have always been this stupid.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Or worse...

We just happen to have fast and ubiquitous comm gear now.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    We HAVE always been this stupid.

Maybe it's time to wise up ourselves?
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

May 2005
    Religion
    Muslim

I can tell the sniper wasn't Muslim because this is called a shooting and not a terror attack.

/rant

It times like these I really feel bad for the families and friends of the deceased. I really hope they find the peace of heart after such a tragedy.
    Last edited by Dumuzi; 08 Jul 2016 at 22:46.
    Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Or worse...

We just happen to have fast and ubiquitous comm gear now.
    This, so much this.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I am always surprised that we have for some reason managed to edge away from the abbess over and over,while playing chicken with the full tilt Apocalypse.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104