Backpacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backpacking

With a sams splint, you can wrap it with an ace bandage to hold it in place. Works on any limb, if you suspect a break, a bad sprain, etc.

Higher ankle on your shoe will help for those prone to rolling an ankle. Or the clumsy. I speak from experience.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Backpacking

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      I already mentioned this. I'm not particularly worried about it right now. Especially as I'm not planning anything anything long distance in the near future. And the weight I'll save in not having a traditional tent (hammock tent, no poles) will make up for a lot in being new to this.
      Depends on the season and brand of hammock. In cooler weather you'll need and underquilt. Even in Summer insulation(when I hammock camped I used a sleeping pad generally) is required for a comfortable night sleep. Either way your probably coming close to 2-3 pounds at least on a hammock. Almost all backpacking tents are in that range now. A lot of tents have started utilizing trekking poles as means of support so you can subtract the weight of poles. My tent is trekking pole supported and weighs 15 ounces.

Comment

Working...
      X