Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Because Inquiring minds want to know...

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Because Inquiring minds want to know...

Ok lets just say my mind wandered into one of those crazy subject places again.

I was looking at an adult comic today and the premise was about son goes back in time and meets his mother. Son has relationship with mother while there and she does not realize it is her son. Son may or may not realize the woman is his mother. Then just to add a bit of challenge to the scenario presume it's at the same point in time when the son was conceived.

Granted it could be son and mother, father and daughter or any combination of them. Now the point of the thread is not the sexual taboo's or such but the psychological realization of discovering you've created yourself.

What do you do when you realize you went back in time and conceived yourself?
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Because Inquiring minds want to know...

That comic writer must have watched Predestination. It's a pretty spot on simple version of the sci fi movie.

That's all I got. If you watch the movie and can follow it, Satan bless you.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post

To be honest, I think I would probably spend an inordinately long time in the toilet.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Ok lets just say my mind wandered into one of those crazy subject places again.

I was looking at an adult comic today and the premise was about son goes back in time and meets his mother. Son has relationship with mother while there and she does not realize it is her son. Son may or may not realize the woman is his mother. Then just to add a bit of challenge to the scenario presume it's at the same point in time when the son was conceived.

Granted it could be son and mother, father and daughter or any combination of them. Now the point of the thread is not the sexual taboo's or such but the psychological realization of discovering you've created yourself.

So comic book,and as they used to say,"the kind men like"

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I don't even know where to go with that... Wouldn't it be some sort of paradox?
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    And if not, maybe it should be.
    Last edited by thalassa; 11 Jul 2016 at 12:44.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

As a former wiccan who still celebrates the wheel of the year, this is nothing out of the ordinary. I guess the worst that could happen is I'd develop a God complex.
    Last edited by Jembru; 11 Jul 2016 at 13:24.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

May 2013
    Religion
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    A paradox was my initial though as well. It never answers how the first conception would have occurred in order to go back and conceive yourself. Yet it still ties in with the notion of being conceived then going back in time and killing your father type scenario. If you go back and kill him how can you be conceived? So if you go back to conceive yourself how can you be conceived in the first place in order to do it.

About the only way I could imagine it, and that very iffy, is in some capacity all time is present. Which would first have to suggest that time is not linear but all present at once

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jembru View Post
    As a former wiccan who still celebrates the wheel of the year, this is nothing out of the ordinary. I guess the worst that could happen is I'd develop a God complex.
    I've got to hear how this ties into the Wheel of the Year concept. The wheel is the young prince basically reborn over and over, this one is going back in time to conceive yourself at the moment of creation.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Go f*** yourself),I mean real new meaning.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

May 2013
    Religion
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Gives new meaning to the phrase "Go f*** yourself),I mean real new meaning.
    Figure a person could claim, and be totally truthful when they claim to have screwed up their future and had a F** up past.