X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which deities?

Which deities do you worship*?

*revere, work with, etc. (whatever verbiage you choose)
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Which deities?

Sworn, blood bound and dedicated to are Hekate and Artemis. Have an interest in Pahket, Bastet, Mafdet, Diana. Say interest in as many times I can never say for certain if it is them or the conflated persona they have with Artemis and Hekate. Make offerings and libations to all of them.

Gods would be Poseidon, Sekor and one I simply call the Huntsman.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I have an interest in Heimdall and Ahura Mazda. My dealings with the LoH are odd...

No time to say more.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

My working partners are An, Ki, Nammu, Enki, Lililatu, Isatu, Nina and the primal deity; Anki.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Work with: Haides, Persephone, Hestia, Hera, Bastet. Interested in The Morrigan, Frigg, Thor, Isis.
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Due in part to the way I view Deity, I consider gods, fey and the ancestral spirits of plants and animals deities. I'd be here I while if I named all the deities I work with so I'll just list the central ones.

I'm devoted to Brigantia, who I consider to be the same deity as Brighid, just called by her English name rather than a related goddess. The god Bregans, Magpie and Oak are also central figures in my worship.

Other key players can be found in my PF blog.

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
              My working partners are An, Ki, Nammu, Enki, Lililatu, Isatu, Nina and the primal deity; Anki.
              There's a deity called 'Anki'? Which culture does s/he stem from? This means 'rote learning' in Japanese and is the name of a flashcard app popular with language learners and medic students (basically anyone who has to learn a vast amount of terms and definitions). I had no idea there was a deity with the same name.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Nature kind of is a deity to me. But I work with Freyr mostly, Odin sometimes, Thor, Tyr, Freya and Loki too.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Which deities do you worship*?

*revere, work with, etc. (whatever verbiage you choose)
                  Different ones at different levels. At a formal level, the Dii Consentes and the various Roman triads occupy a fair amount of attention, and I venerate certain Roman and Greek gods at various points when it seems appropriate. At a more personal level, but still formalised as part of historical domestic religion, Vesta-Hestia, Hekate, Hermes, and Apollo are deities I address almost every day. As are the spirits-of-place and gods of the home itself, which the Greeks might call Agathos Daimon and the Romans would refer to as Lares Familiaris.

Each month, I do a libation ritual to a different god or goddess of the Greek Dodekatheon in a sort-of yearly cycle; a remnant of when I was aiming at Hellenic Reconstructionism. I'm trying to venerate a grouping of British Celtic gods, but so far I've only really pinged Brigid/Brigantia; this is an outgrowth of my ancestor cult and my interest in Celtic history and cultures, and my consequent desire to honour at least some of the gods my pre-Christian ancestors would have worshipped.

On a more personal level, and sometimes mystical level, I often honour Hekate, Hermes, Dionysos, Demeter, Cernunnos, Brigantia, and Zeus-Jupiter. These are the gods with whom I've had personal interaction, or from whom I've had major prayers answered, or have considerable history in an intangible fashion.

Comment

I am sworn to Skuld, the youngest of the Nornir (of the Northern pantheons). I do work a little with Urdhr and Verdhandi as an extension of my work for Skuld, but I wouldn't say that I work with them as individuals or within their own right, if that makes sense. I work closely with the Goetic Demon Barbatos. Peripherally I have worked semi-regularly with Frigg, Ereshkigal , Blodugadha (one of the Nine Undines of the Northern pantheons) and a few other Goetic Demons (Halphas, Sabnach and Glasya Labolas).

But most of my regular work is with landvaettir, the rune spirits and animal guides.

Comment

I worship on a regular basis: Holle/ Holda, Odin, Thor and Ullr. I have made offerings to but not necessary work with Frey, Freya, Tyr and Surt. I have called on Niorun for dream help along with offerings.

Comment

Daily worship and monthly festivals: Hestia, Hekate, Asklepios, Tyche.
                        Annual festivals (and the occasional prayer for help): Zeus, Hera, Pluto, Persephone, Dionysos, Gaia, Artemis, Apollo, Aphrodite, Athena, Hephaistos, Demeter, Hermes, Ares, Poseidon, Helios.
                        And also Selene, Leto, the Muses, and the heroes Thomas Taylor and the Emperor Julian.

Comment

I'm pals with Hermes. He's very entertaining, if you're up for it.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have since returned to Hinduism and the temple because I realized Heathenry didn't work for me, hard as I tried to make it work. You shouldn't have to force yourself to make something work. I was feeling the call of the Hindu gods especially Shiva, Vishnu and Devī (Mother Goddess in her many forms). I ran away from Hinduism for reasons that were not valid or made sense in the least. There was a certain "romanticism" in following what I thought was the religion of my ancestors: I should never have had that damn DNA test done. It messed badly with my head.

Anyway...

My primary deity of worship is Vishnu and his avatars: Krishna, Rāma, Narasimha (Lord Narasimha is absolutely awesome). But I am one of those Hindus who consider Vishnu and Shiva to be one and the same, flip sides of the same coin. That's what my sig. means: "Shiva appears as Vishnu, Vishnu appears as Shiva; Vishnu is the heart of Shiva, and Shiva is the heart of Vishnu".

I don't identify as Vaishnavite or Shaivite, dedicated to only one god or another as many Hindus do. I actually worship all of them, but Vishnu is primus inter pares, "first among equals". I attend Shiva and Durga, and Subramaniya (aka Kartikeya their son, the general of the divine armies, "god of war") pujas at temple as readily as I attend Vishnu, Krishna, Lakshmi pujas.

My primary list:
                            • Vishnu and avatars
                            • Shiva
                            • Tridevī. i.e. Durgā, Lakshmī and her avatars (Rādha, Sītā), Saraswatī.
                            • Ganesha
                            • Hanuman
                            • Subramaniya
                            • Hanuman
                            • Ayyappa (another son of Shiva with a female avatar of Vishnu called Mohini)
                            • Kālī

There are others I give greetings, and recite slokas (verses) to. The greetings are in the form of oṃ srī [deity name] namaforbidden in Hinduism, just frowned upon), he's not really a contradiction to Hinduism.
                            śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                            śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Firstly, the dieties I worship, I worship as archetypes. That being said, I worship Anansi as the archetype of the Trickster. I worship Kushiel as the archetype of Justice. And Ganesha has recently made a surprise appearance. I'm not quite sure what his purpose is supposed to be in my life yet, but I understand from some quick research that he probably represents the archetype of Wisdom. I have at times worshiped Hekate as the archetype of either the Trickster or the Supernatural. Currently I feel a little distanced from her however.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X