Transgender parents rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transgender parents rights

I had written an entire post addressing 2 points several days ago, I posted it...and its not here. Which is weird.

A person can't legally change genders without going through certain hormone therapy and surgical procedures that render you sterile.
    But basically, this idea^ is not universally true.

I don't have time for all the links, but basically, there are a number of states and countries where you don't have to be on hormone therapy or have had reassignment surgery to change your legal gender. There are a number of reasons for this--not everyone is a good candidate for either, not all persons can afford it, and not all persons want to go through either process for a variety of reasons, including, some persons still want biological children.

Additionally, there are a number of legal rights as well as private and public services that are gender-based.

All things covered under identifying them based on sex. The Finnish passport is male and female, not masculine and feminine. Bathrooms are a matter of anatomic function, thus would (or should) be sex based.
    And this is where you miss the boat completely.

No one looks in your pants when they check ID. They check what you look like and whether that matches the information on your ID and treat you on the basis of how that does or does not match their preconceived notions.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I had written an entire post addressing 2 points several days ago, I posted it...and its not here. Which is weird.

But basically, this idea^ is not universally true.

I don't have time for all the links, but basically, there are a number of states and countries where you don't have to be on hormone therapy or have had reassignment surgery to change your legal gender. There are a number of reasons for this--not everyone is a good candidate for either, not all persons can afford it, and not all persons want to go through either process for a variety of reasons, including, some persons still want biological children.

Additionally, there are a number of legal rights as well as private and public services that are gender-based.

And this is where you miss the boat completely.

No one looks in your pants when they check ID. They check what you look like and whether that matches the information on your ID and treat you on the basis of how that does or does not match their preconceived notions.
      In Germany, you can declare gender neutral on your passport or ID if you want to. I'm not sure about your identified sex vs your biological sex, though. Still, to get that far, you have to recognize that not everyone fits into the binary male and female genders that they were born with and that people don't may need some government policies that protect their rights.

Comment

Rights are never provided by government. Governments provide privileges and government can remove those privileges because they are the source. Rights are provided by nature and there are example of most natural rights throughout nature. If you have a right to change gender (toads do it naturally) then government has no place accept to protect those rights. They rarely do a good job of it. That means that you must protect your rights and you are given the means to do so. If you choose not to protect your rights then they are forfeit until you are willing to fight to get them back.
        It is my considered opinion that governments are a necessary evil that must be controlled on tight reigns or they fail to be government and become harmful to the governed.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
          All things covered under identifying them based on sex. The Finnish passport is male and female, not masculine and feminine. Bathrooms are a matter of anatomic function, thus would (or should) be sex based.

I don't know about birth certificates in Finland, but I would assume it would be sex based. I don't remember ever seeing a "demi-boy" or "aerogender" box to tick.
          Anatomic function? First, I'm going to give you the reacher stick once again. Second, the toilet bowls are the same. Yeah you get a stand up one also but not only. Because anatomically we all peepee and poo poo the same way. We both 'gasp' also have urethra and rectum. Who would have thunk it.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The idea of "natural rights" is about as laughable as the commercial for the square potty...except that the square potty commercial is legitimately funny. The idea of "natural rights" is nothing but Enlightenment Era romanticism. What we call "rights" are nothing but societally conferred and government codified agreements to those actions that individuals ought to be engaged in with minimal interference. And that changes over time.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X