This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Back Into the Craft

I would have posted this in the LHP section but wanted more general input.

I've come to the other side of my atheism and nihilism and realized that I can just do whatever I want. I can use any tools on the shelf that I want. Anything that feels good goes.

Obviously I understand that some of you will have questions. I'm willing to answer them.

However, I mostly just want to dust the magical shelves. I need ideas of what those who have their own practice (key word, practice. Not belief or idea but a daily/weekly relationship with their own spirituality).

What do you do every day?
    What is the symbolism behind your most frequent practices?
    What inspires you in that weird, behind your heart way?
    Anyone got any rebirth rituals?
    Tell me everything.
    This witch is coming out again.
    Last edited by Bjorn; 20 Jul 2016, 12:25.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Re: Getting Back Into the Craft

I don't have an answer for you because I don't use anything anymore. I' am boring Satanist.

Buuut more importantly you might ask yourself some questions.
    What part of the magical life process is calling to you?
    What is it you want to gain out of these rituals?
    What are your strengths when it comes to rituals and magic? (Like mine were spell casting and potion jars and darker stuff such as Santeria stuff). Are you good at the herbal stuff? The color magic, the moon rituals etc?
    Will you be doing this as a solitary person or in a group?

This might make it easier for you to figure out how you want to go about it.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I left the path and came back myself so I can relate to your experience.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I don't have an answer for you because I don't use anything anymore. I' am boring Satanist.

Buuut more importantly you might ask yourself some questions.
      What part of the magical life process is calling to you?
      What is it you want to gain out of these rituals?
      What are your strengths when it comes to rituals and magic? (Like mine were spell casting and potion jars and darker stuff such as Santeria stuff). Are you good at the herbal stuff? The color magic, the moon rituals etc?
      Will you be doing this as a solitary person or in a group?

This might make it easier for you to figure out how you want to go about it.
      This is pretty much what I would recommend too. In fact, I've been kinda doing this myself recently. I don't know if you'd care enough to want that amount of detail, but I've been going over my book of shadows over the past 2 months and asking myself the kinds of questions Medusa suggested. (I'm just about to post images of my bos in my blog actually!)

I've been blogging on PF about some of the conclusions I've reached, so feel free to check that out if this process interests you.

Jembru's Blog

The posts in question start with 'Undressing the Salad'

Welcome back to the path!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
        I say hello to the sun, I say good night to the moon. I talk to the salt marsh, to the beach, and the flowers--sometimes for advice, sometimes because they are pretty. Sometimes I call them Helios, Luna, Spartina, Psamathe, and Floralia...and sometimes I don't. I thank my food for its life and its death, and for the people that got it from point A to point B.I honor good people, living and dead, and good actions. Sometimes I use candles or incense or an offering to do these things. Sometimes I don't. I try not to bitch too much and --negativity breeds negativity, not from any woowoo, but because of simple psychology...likewise for being constructive rather than destructive in what we say and do. I encourage my children to think about where things come from and where they are going, whether its their newest toy, their t-shirt, or their anger. After all, our only enduring legacy is what we do, from the words we speak to the people we love.

Greek, Roman, Etruscan, some modern fiction, the personification of nature

The very act of living--all of it, the good, the bad, the ugly, the wondrous, the boring

Not really, I've not found a need for them...sorry:/ I don't like the idea of "rebirth"...I think its symbolism, when I've seen them done, its almost denialism.
        Last edited by thalassa; 20 Jul 2016, 14:49.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Forgive me for sounding dumb but what exactly is a rebirthing ritual? Is it the same thing as the wiccan initiation ritual where you are symbolically born as a witch?

In a week on Tuesday I'm doing a re-dedication to my path which could maybe be seen as a similar concept. My path has changed so much that I feel that I'd like to formally dedicate myself to Brigantia and mark the start of a new leg of the journey. I have a new pendant to represent my path so I'll remove my pentacle and replace it with the new necklace as part of the ritual.

I don't consider myself as being reborn though. In fact I am making it clear in the words of the ritual that I am not only grateful for my path so far, but that I also want to bring all the lessons gained with me. Still, I think it could be seen as a rebirthing ritual. Assuming I've got the right idea of what the term means.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Tell me everything.
            Everyday I meditate, I thank those who add to my life, be it animal, vegetable, or mineral. Most of all I relax to listen, to look at the larger picture of cause and effect and to find my place in it.

I am inspired by my partnerships in life. My wife, my friends, the work that I do and the magnificence of my imagination and creativity.

I have a rebirth ritual but it is not for you. It is for celebrating a change in person's life from one who needs to one who provides.

I can't possibly tell you everything but I can tell you to meditate, search yourself for the answers and to commune with the vastness of the universe to find your true place. You don't need to recognize any deity other than the deity that lives in you.

I wish you understanding of yourself and sight to see that which benefits you also benefits all.

DragonsFriend
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Hail friggin yourself and satan!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I would have posted this in the LHP section but wanted more general input.

I've come to the other side of my atheism and nihilism and realized that I can just do whatever I want. I can use any tools on the shelf that I want. Anything that feels good goes.

Obviously I understand that some of you will have questions. I'm willing to answer them.

However, I mostly just want to dust the magical shelves. I need ideas of what those who have their own practice (key word, practice. Not belief or idea but a daily/weekly relationship with their own spirituality).

Tell me everything.
                Okay, I'm a bit boring too. When I have dinner, I thank my personal deities and ask their blessings. My parents are Catholics so while they are praying out loud, I am praying to my personal deities within. I often talk to my deities, especially Lord Anubis. When I catch myself being judgmental, I start talking to him and asking him to keep me from being that way. I try to say good night to my deities and observe the natural world. At this time, it's hard to. I'm in a new subdivision and a lot of construction is going on. However, I do watch the sun coming up and appreciate every day I am here on earth. Good luck in your practice hon!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I often find myself asking my deities for help or advise whenever something upsetting happens. Sometimes when I'm feeling depressed, I'll just go to them and enjoy their presence. Before I leave the house, I ask for protection for my dog and for him to stay in good health (he has a lot of health problems lately). I draw energy and try to aid both my plants at work and at home to grow strong and healthy; and to look pretty Sometimes when I'm running late, I'll do a little mini spell to try and help me reach my destination a little bit faster. I often will send healing energy to my dog, whenever I think of it. Sometimes I'll do little mini spells to help with my face cream to try and get rid of some of those annoying new little wrinkles that keep popping up (I work outside, and even though I wear a riddicously big hat and long sleeves/long pants every day, sun damage is an issue for me, especially with my face).

I'm probably not understanding this question right, but I don't think I have much symbolism. Most of what I do/practice is pretty straight forward.

Connecting with deity is probably the thing that inspires me the most; though maybe also when I'm working on an art project or trying to write a story and I get into that head space where I'm connecting with the void and creativity feels like its just flowing through me, though that's very similar to the feeling I get when communing with deity as well.

Sorry; other than having a symbolic death and a symbolic birth, I can't think of anything off hand. Although I guess I have to disagree with what sounds like the majority; I think a rebirth ritual sounds lovely If you want to be reborn as something new, I think a ritual to mark the change would help you get there quicker and make for a more memorable occasion. Also, it would give you something to look back on and gather strenghth from, in my opinion anyways.

Tell me everything.
                  Congrats!
                  I hope it all goes well for you

Comment

Bjorn, I know you probably won't read this for a while. I checked out your profile. It seems like you are going through a lot of pain in your life. I know you have been reaching out for help. I just want to let you know there are people that care about you and that no matter what everything is going to be OK. Love, Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                      Hail friggin yourself and satan!
                      Would you mind sharing more of the Satan you hail? I am interested.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                      X