Thread: Pagan themed scavenger hunt

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Pagan themed scavenger hunt

So, I'm going to be organizing/hosting the kid's activity booth on Pagan Pride Day, with the help of hubby and minions. The plan is to have a few projects of various levels (nature mobiles, a coloring station, some sort of as-yet-undetermined recycling craft, origami fortune tellers or one or two of the easier animals, clothespin faeries, mermaids, or monsters, and stick weaving or bird feeders). Also, when kids come in, they will get one of two scavenger hunts--little kids will get a thing to find pictures and symbols of deities that will make an alphabet book and for older kids, something more interactive.

This is where I'm asking for help...

The idea is that the kids will have hints taking them to different booths (as well as other area at the venue) to answer questions or find things...whomever finishes gets a treat bag of random stuff.

So, I need some questions and things to find.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Re: Pagan themed scavenger hunt

I'm blank on questions, but you could have four clues with one responding to each element.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Jun 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BenjamineDupont View Post
    I love sexy girls’ photos and videos, but my wife doesn’t, so I want to have a private vault for me to hide private images and videos. And one day, I found LEO Privacy, this app is very useful for me to hide images and videos. Love it!
    Lol..you've got a wife AND a girlfriend huh?
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

So...this is more just for me to remember something I'm working on for this...

A--Athena
    B--Baldur
    C--Ceridwen
    D--Diana
    E--Epona
    F--Freya
    G--Ganesh
    H--Hestia
    I--Ix Chel
    J--Juno
    K--Krishna
    L--Lakshmi
    M--Mercury
    N--Nut
    O--Osirus
    P--Posideon
    Q--Quan Yin
    R--Ra
    S--Sylvanus
    T--Thor
    U--Uzume
    V--Venus
    W--Wadjet
    X--Xi Wangmu or
    Y--Yemaya
    Z--Zeus
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible