What ritual tools do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What ritual tools do you use?

For myself a tool is anything that I find to have a certain spiritual connection to myself. It might be a shiny stone,a feather,a piece of Chrystal,a ring that I have had for a very long time. I think we infuse a part of our own spirit in some things. There is a ring that I would not part with,and will take it to my grave with me. Nothing expensive,just a silver Pent ring,it seems I have had forever. I did NOT buy it myself,but it was a gift from a departed friend.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I use my brain as a ritual tool.

Other stuff is just an aid to using my brain in particular ways.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My main tools are candles and incense, because they're so simple but they're an effective meditation tool. My biggest problem now is that both are banned in the dorms, so I'm saving for a lava lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
          My main tools are candles and incense, because they're so simple but they're an effective meditation tool. My biggest problem now is that both are banned in the dorms, so I'm saving for a lava lamp.
          A lava lamp as a meditation tool sounds pretty cool. I haven't come across that idea before.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

College has taught me to McGuiver just about anything into a tool I can use. Next week I'll show you all how to call the elements using only coffee grounds, bubblegum and a paperclip!

Comment

I have seen what are termed "Artificial candles" made with LEDs that have the effect of a flickering light.

This pic from Amazon.

Amazon link.

Kinda neat if you are not allowed real candles.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                College has taught me to McGuiver just about anything into a tool I can use. Next week I'll show you all how to call the elements using only coffee grounds, bubblegum and a paperclip!
                I had this book somewhere about Witchcraft in College dorm rooms... I'm gonna find the title for you. You'll probably like it.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

I had this book somewhere about Witchcraft in College dorm rooms... I'm gonna find the title for you. You'll probably like it.
                  Rocking the Goddess: Campus Wicca for the Student Practitioner by Anthony Paige
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment