No announcement yet.

What makes an item sacred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrators?,the orthodox,or the original profane ones?

Church of the good vibrations.

Beach boys level of sacred???

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,some surfers would consider them sacred..in a woody station wagon kind of way. Wax your board(wood you know)

images removed by admin. Please consider the audience of the thread location.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Re: What makes an item sacred?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Who said anything about religion?
      Sacred stuff can be non religious in nature.

*sets my flag on fire
      Fair point, which I completely ignored that

Comment

Silence...
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Vibrators?,the orthodox,or the original profane ones?

image removed by admin.
          Why does that make me think of the old Saint Peter statues? the front good ole Saint Peter from the back simply ole Peter. he he he
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I am sorry about the bit of playing with sacred,sacred is really a personal thing. I have known people that considered certain things( some iconic relic like say hello Kitty stuff) to in their mind a sacred thing,at least to them(think lucky penny, found Article,like a feather or stone,something that struck them as special).

I have some feathers,and pebbles that I think of as special. A Cat statuette with wings that resembles my long gone cat. As I said,depends on the person and their inner belief.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I am sorry about the bit of playing with sacred,sacred is really a personal thing. I have known people that considered certain things( some iconic relic like say hello Kitty stuff) to in their mind a sacred thing,at least to them(think lucky penny, found Article,like a feather or stone,something that struck them as special).

I have some feathers,and pebbles that I think of as special. A Cat statuette with wings that resembles my long gone cat. As I said,depends on the person and their inner belief.
              Similarly, I found, and carry nearly everywhere, a stone. Virtually nobody else can see it (not the stone, of course people can see the stone I'm not mad), for some reason, but the way the flint is naturally chipped looks like a cat's nose. Only one other person can clearly see it and it's not a coincidence that she, like me, is more drawn to prehistoric beliefs; she studied archaeology at university. She believes it represents a connection to wild cats, like lynxes, as some sort of spirit animal. I don't know if I believe in spirit animals, seems very native American, but that night we were drawing cards from a special deck and I received woodwode, a protector of life in wild forests and woods (I'm a forestry student) and in the image, beside the man in the cowl, sat a lynx.

Like I said, I don't know if I believe in spirit animals, and I never put much stock in tarots, but that was strangely compelling. Either way, I carry that stone, along with my Venus carved from ash, around with me everywhere. They've been to many ancient sites now and I often take a photo of them at a site, if I can. These items are sacred to me and I am distraught if I have misplaced them.

WP_20160323_21_22_50_Pro.jpgWP_20160226_16_28_07_Pro.jpg
              Last edited by Briton; 19 Aug 2016, 01:44.
              I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
              Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
              But that day you know I left my money
              And I thought of you only
              All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
              X