The Afterlife,how do you envision it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Afterlife,how do you envision it?

I have been pondering this a while. I am of an age that the subject begs some speculation.

I was pondering the idea some my believe the afterlife will be kind of a slightly better version than this life.

If I am going to envision an afterlife,I would want something not quite so tedious and complicated as this incarnation.

If nirvana is more on a spiritual level of existence,sex would be irrelevant ,as would hunger and thirst,being that you(me) would be a spirit I think.

But then some believe they will have 70 virgins,and I wonder is that just for conversation so as not to get bored?

Personally,if I am going to invest my thoughts in an afterlife,I would want something a whole lot better than this mortal coil....

Your thoughts and visions of what comes after please.
    Last edited by anunitu; 20 Aug 2016, 20:23.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: The Afterlife,how do you envision it?

Been thinking about this one and how to answer it. What's bad is I have an idea but the words sort of get in the way if that makes sense.

Its like was talking to my grandson about my cousin's passing and he spoke about heaven. He's 7 and he looks at me and says heaven is a place on top the highest mountain and hidden in the clouds. It's where people go and they can see down to us and its all happy and better up there. Its where our dog's that have died have gone and they run in the fields and play and they are happy.

Is that what the after life is like? For him at 7 that is heaven and how he see's it right now.

I think the after life is going to be what we imagine it to be like in many ways. Initially it will be both a blessing and a place where we live out our fantasy. A place where our spirit gets to enjoy those things we think we were promised would be given for living the life upon this plane of existence we called life. But over time it will also be stripped away as grow beyond the trappings and physical bindings that connect our spirits to the physical. the lusts of the physical if you will. The detachments to life I suppose that hold us to that which we have left behind whether it be our loved ones, our possessions, our unfinished tasks, our desires, our wants all of which I think will mold and structure the reality of the after life we shall experience initially.

In that capacity I think we shall be like a drop of water which moves further and further away from the shore and deeper and deeper into the depths. To loose its self and sense of identity in relationship to the land as it becomes more enveloped by the sheer vastness of space and union. What I suppose we might call the great unknown or "Spirit". Perhaps to be reborn and start again, perhaps to simply hang around in the vastness, perhaps to transcend into something entirely different.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I hope after this life I remember what's worth remembering, and forget what's not. I hope I continue to exist in a conscious state, only I won't be restrained by the ideas of time or expectation.

Comment

If I can't exist remembering this life, I can't really see much point, this life would be for nothing.

I have not given the afterlife much thought, because I wouldn't just make something up that I like the sound of, even though the existence of some sort of continued presence is integral to my beliefs, at the same time I don't know what it might be.

In time, maybe.
        Last edited by Briton; 21 Aug 2016, 10:39.
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

The spiritual beginning that occurs at the end of our physical existence is a continuation of a past life that was shed for this one.
          I believe we retain the memories of all our past lives and the spiritual existence too.
          As to the question of sex... who knows? I feel there is a joining that can occur but instead of an intimate physical joining it is a complete joining of two, or more, spirits. As spirits we can be more intimate, completely intimate, with all those who are invited. What do you do for eternity when you know all? What is it like to join completely with others? I only have two very short experiences in my years of practice that come close to this. One was a near death experience as a young adult and the other was the invocation of deity. They were very much the same yet radically different at the same time.
          I look forward to it but know that my life here and now is as important to my spiritual future as my past experiences are to this life.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

That's a difficult one. I follow the Egyptian Path, so I believe I will be judged before going onto the next destination which could be reincarnation or to the final resting place for the soul. All I want to know is that I will see my loved ones (including my animal loved ones who I have had to say goodbye to early on).
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
              The spiritual beginning that occurs at the end of our physical existence is a continuation of a past life that was shed for this one.
              I believe we retain the memories of all our past lives and the spiritual existence too. .. .
              That sort of ties in with how I view things.

I think we live in the present with our current life once we cross over. Yet eventually that life blends in with all our previous past lives to the point where none is greater or lesser than another. They are separate yet joined so we can experience aspects or entireties of all or individual lives. Along with that I tend to think that we also form groups or clusters of Spirits that incarnate into life groups to experience "group experiences" and do so over multiple incarnations. Not to say we incarnate into the same geophysical area, but we in some capacity find each other once incarnated into the physical. Hence why we have so many examples of feeling like we've known multiple spouses or close friends many times over many lives, even as differing genders.

I do think though that many times we may intentionally try to incarnate but for some reason forget our purpose or reason and fail during the incarnation. Passing through the life feeling as if we are missing something.
              Last edited by monsno_leedra; 21 Aug 2016, 15:44.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I don't....or, perhaps I should say that I accept the probability that this is it and the possibility that it is not. If the former, I strive to live my life in a way that honors that, and if it's the latter, I'll either be pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

In my heart of hearts, I don't think there's anything beyond this life. It just seems so unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I've experienced some amazing things that have made me wonder if there's more beyond this life, but honestly? It's very hard, even with my vivid imagination, to believe that deep down.

I hope I'm wrong though. I want there to be an afterlife. I want to be wrong with my 'god energy' theory too. I want to discover that there really are gods and that the spirits of our loved ones really are waiting for us on the other side. Based on the evidence so far, it's not looking great, but lets keep hoping anyway!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I don't....or, perhaps I should say that I accept the probability that this is it and the possibility that it is not. If the former, I strive to live my life in a way that honors that, and if it's the latter, I'll either be pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised.
                    Kind of with you here Thal..I have always considered it something of a wheel,and you place your bets,maybe get your dream,maybe an ending for good..no matter what it is a bit out of anyone's control to be truthful..at least us meat puppets anyway.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I give some thought to the concept of selective repetition. I'll be a little kid again, but kind of fast forwarding through the good parts - the A on a test, the first hamster, roller skating, whatever I loved, then the same throughout adulthood - I'll be in my beloved college years, and my cherished racetrack times. With new stuff woven in to make it all even better.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                      X