Zodiac and You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zodiac and You?

Hi guys! I was skimming an article I found in my Facebook feed about What God said to each of the zodiac signs and I didn't really think much of it at the time. I've never been one to read much into those things. However, later on I did start thinking about how people seem to tend to identify with their zodiac signs and how certain personal traits can be connected with them.

This brings me to my question(s):
    What sort of role does your Zodiac sign play in your life?
    Does it have much of a presence or do you just kind of live your life without thinking of it or feeling any sort of influence from your sign.
    Do you feel a sort of kinship with those who share your sign, or do you try to stay away from them?
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Zodiac and You?

I'm apparently mandated to deliver compassion...

Yeah....

That plan worked out....

Honestly, I don't pay that much attention to it. I look up stuff on pisces occasionally if I'm bored but that's about it.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I do consider the season of birth more than a zodiac sign. I was born in spring/end of winter,and Think it might effect how you experience life. If your first 6 months of life are mainly spring/summer you might "imprint" in a way to reflect that season. Think of your first 6 months as Winter influenced,and how that might effect your conception of your "Life"

Also Surprised Mask seems to be pisces,I had no idea we share a birth month.

- - - Updated - - -

Pisces has been described as two sided,good and evil combined I believe,dark and light. swimming in opposite directions.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I do consider the season of birth more than a zodiac sign. I was born in spring/end of winter,and Think it might effect how you experience life. If your first 6 months of life are mainly spring/summer you might "imprint" in a way to reflect that season. Think of your first 6 months as Winter influenced,and how that might effect your conception of your "Life"
        Not to mention that in societies where the school year typically starts in September, those of use born in the summer have a hard time because we're forced into classes with kids that are a year ahead of us in terms of cognitive development. I grew up thinking I was stupid and that has impacted on me into my adult life. I even struggled with Japanese more than many of me peers because of that voice in my head telling me I can't learn, and because I never really got the chance to develop my learning ability at the correct stage in my brain's development.

Not all kids born in summer suffer this way, but I definitely did. I'm glad to learn that parents are now legally allowed to hold their kids back a year here in the UK, but that's a decision that came too late to make up for my wasted school years!

[url=http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/family/8-reasons-why-summer-babies-face-an-uphill-battle-at-school-and-in-life-11363976638304]link[/url
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm a Pisces but other than occasionally reading it to see what it says don't pay much head to it. About the only thing I get from it is no matter what charting is used I am a Pisces by my birthday. So I get sort of tickled when I see people go on and on about with the old chart (12 signs) they are _____ but under the 13 sign chart they have to change. But it is funny to me when they try to convert their 12 sign western chart to an oriental chart or force fit it to a wheel of the year native american chart or some other zodiac type chart.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I consider it somewhat, more as a guidance than a hard and fast rule. According to both my Western and Chinese Zodiacs (Sagittarius and Fire Tiger), I am supposed to be this very charismatic, optimistic overachiever. Nothing could be further from the truth, considering people don't usually listen to me, I'm more like a realistic pessimist, and I have an odd fear of both failure and success. However, it is something to strive for.

It seems like I caught the most superficial of traits considered to be hallmarks of my circumstances of birth. Tigers are supposed to have "vital faces" and noticeable eyebrows, while, according to the old poem, those born on Monday, as I was, are "fair of face." That much is true, but of course it only goes so far.

Other Sagittarians I know tend to exude their expected traits, but they're probably just more driven than I. I don't feel compelled to keep their company nor avoid them, though I do tend to be intimidated by people I perceive to be better-adjusted and more successful than myself.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Clive,where ya been?
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Clive,where ya been?
                Busy with school, mostly. And my depression and anxiety issues have been growing worse to the point where I'm finished resisting medication. I've been isolating a lot lately, but I'm crawling out of it.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

When I was a teenager I did a ton of research as far as my zodiac was concerned, and I can say I let a lot of it decide my relationships and the decisions I made. As I have grown I have let that fall to the wayside and live life to the best of my abilities. I am a Libra, and I do have a lot of the Libra characteristics but I also think that I also have those of an Aries(my dad) and Leo(my mom). I don't think any one person is a type zodiac. I think we can gain some insight from knowing our zodiac but I think the events in our lives shapes us more than our zodiac.

Something I can recall from my younger days stated that one sign that could cause me tons of pain would be a Taurus, I of course brushed this off because my best friend and brother are Taurus's( brother is a Taurus/Gemini he is born on the cusp) and thought there was no way, needless to say the two people who can hurt me and cause me the most pain are those two. I love them dearly but know how to go for the throat with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if we go by the link that Juniper posted it says a Libra is given the mission of service. Well I am a pastry chef and my job is to feed people. That is a service. I also love deeply but my name means loving so that's twofold.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                    I'm a Pisces but other than occasionally reading it to see what it says don't pay much head to it. About the only thing I get from it is no matter what charting is used I am a Pisces by my birthday. So I get sort of tickled when I see people go on and on about with the old chart (12 signs) they are _____ but under the 13 sign chart they have to change. But it is funny to me when they try to convert their 12 sign western chart to an oriental chart or force fit it to a wheel of the year native american chart or some other zodiac type chart.
                    I have a tendency to deliberately forget the 13 sign variation. Saves me from worrying about what other sign I could be.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't tend to pay attention to horoscopes, but I do know my full natal chart and I am a very classic Sun-in-Virgo person (I'm also a very classic Chinese Ox).

What most of us tend to forget is that our star sign (where the Sun was when we were born) is only one small part of our astrological chart. It's like looking at only one part of your personality. It's not a complete picture and without the rest of your chart, you don't have the full context of your 'birth signs'. The reason that I am 'more Virgo' than most Virgos I know is that I also have Mercury-in-Virgo, and so my communication and intellectual style is Virgoan. In the ways that I am not classically Virgo, the sign of the associated planet fills the gaps and makes more sense. Both Venus and Mars are in Leo for me, which explains some things too. So you have to look at the whole picture, not just the sun sign.

Does that change how I live my life, how I act, or how I speak to people? No. I do nothing differently because of this knowledge. It doesn't impact my choices or behaviour. I just find it an interesting tool for self-discovery. But it's just like all the other tools... you have to be careful of personal bias and seeing what you want to see rather than what's actually there. Discernment is important.

Comment

Apparently I bring the gift of love.

*snorts

so no. It's all bs. Come on now.:=I:
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't change my life because of it, but I find that I fit both my sun sign (Cancer) and Chinese sign (Boar/Pig) very well. I don't read my horoscope because I figure any of the ones you find online or in the paper are done by random generator, not by any actual skill. I've been considering looking into astrology for myself. Otherwise, I more recognize that they're a part of my identity than base anything in my life around them.

The bad thing I've found with being friends with other Cancers is that I have to deal with my own most annoying traits in another person. I don't avoid it, though.
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                          X