Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are Your Thoughts on using Crystals?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: What are Your Thoughts on using Crystals?

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    I've been using crystals more lately. I have an amethyst that I've had since I was young that I wear regularly. This stone has literally found me several times now. I've thoroughly lost it and it's popped up in an obvious place months later. So I wear it for sacred things and because I feel connected to it. (We use wire cages for wearing our stones)

I also have an amethyst and citrine that I use for Astral travel. My mentor recommended it, though I can't remember what particular properties he wanted me to use them for. Either way, in conjuction they help.

I've also pried precious stones out of some of the old jewelry my husband had got for me and have used them in the base of a couple candles to charge them in a way for special rituals.

I haven't really considered the mining impact. And we have so few places we can get crystals here that I'm not sure I could lessen the impact. I always feel a connection to the stones that I have, but I don't use them for their tie to the land so much as conduit of enaergy. So it's a bit different of a perspective than Rae'ya.

I myself consider them a focusing medium for personal energy,rather than a source of energy.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Re: What are Your Thoughts on using Crystals?

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    I'm working on getting the time to reply here like I'd like to...but homework and illness has kept me busy.
    You can take your time. It was my hope to have all my tumble stones sorted by this Saturday because that's the next moot, but I'd underestimated how long it would take and how many individual stones I have to sort. I've decided not to do this with my necklaces, large stones, clusters or agate slices because they're at least ornamental and I feel an attachment to each of them. That still leaves me with this lot though... (although some are just pretty stones or fossils and there's a sand dollar in there so it's not quite so bad I guess).

Three things I've learnt so far though are;

1) Way more of them resonate with me than I was expecting, and as I'm sitting with them, things I've used them for in the past are coming back to me almost as though they're saying, 'please don't give up on me, remember the time we....'
    2) Very few give me no feeling at all making me think that most are active stones (I guess my instinct for selecting stones was pretty good in my teen witch days!). Most of the stones that are going in the 'rehome' pile are actually giving me a negative feeling. I get a knot in my stomach much like when I was suffering from anxiety in spring last year. I'm not sure if it's just me though, so I'll wait and see what the people at the moot make of the ones I get sorted by then.
    3) What is taking the most time is that sometimes after I get the negative feeling I described above, I then can't shake it so that every crystal I pick up will seem negative although I can tell that it's residual energy from the previous crystal. The only thing I can do when that happens is stop and do something else for a while, which often ends up being the rest of the night.

This could take most of October!

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    I've been using crystals more lately. I have an amethyst that I've had since I was young that I wear regularly. This stone has literally found me several times now. I've thoroughly lost it and it's popped up in an obvious place months later. So I wear it for sacred things and because I feel connected to it. (We use wire cages for wearing our stones)

I also have an amethyst and citrine that I use for Astral travel. My mentor recommended it, though I can't remember what particular properties he wanted me to use them for. Either way, in conjuction they help.

I've also pried precious stones out of some of the old jewelry my husband had got for me and have used them in the base of a couple candles to charge them in a way for special rituals.

I haven't really considered the mining impact. And we have so few places we can get crystals here that I'm not sure I could lessen the impact. I always feel a connection to the stones that I have, but I don't use them for their tie to the land so much as a conduit of energy. So it's a bit different of a perspective than Rae'ya.
    Hey, I use those little wire things too! They're so handy for popping any stone you want onto a chain!

That's cool that the amethyst keeps finding you again. I've had many stones vanish from my collection never to return and I always like to think that they left to find another owner that could use their energy better than I can. There are two crystals in my collection, also an amethyst and a citrine weirdly enough, that are shards of about the same size and shape that were found 4 years apart, both in car parks, by friends of mine who never met one another and who both picked up the stone and thought 'I have to give this to Jemma'. They have both automatically made it onto my 'keep' pile! I've never heard that they can be used together for astral travel but I'll make a note of that and try those two together sometime.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?