Canning again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canning again!

Nectarine-strawberry jam, and rhubarb jam!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Canning again!

Apple butter will be started this evening!!!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Mmmm! Apple butter! I haven't had any in such a long time. Send some my way!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I have 2 jars of apple butter left, and I will probably go get more apples off the tree. If anyone would like I jar let me know and I shall send you one to you!
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          I have 2 jars of apple butter left, and I will probably go get more apples off the tree. If anyone would like I jar let me know and I shall send you one to you!
          Oooh! I would!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Send me your address ma'am and I will get you a jar sent.

Comment

Pears were cheap at the store, so pears are up next.

And, on the sour side, I got a bunch of cabbage heads for kraut!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

We just canned 12 quarts of strawberries from our garden. They were really productive this year. On the down side our sweet potatoes did very poorly. We need to lighten the soil for them next year if we want to get any harvest. The Brussel Sprouts and potatoes are still in the garden but if the weather cools as I expect it to then we will soon be harvesting them.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I did the pear preserves yesterday, and today I chopped and pressed krauts.

I'm a reg'lar Suzy Homemaker.

Comment

Today I put the pickles on the ferment!

Comment

Do you do sauerkraut B.?
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        Do you do sauerkraut B.?

Yup - that's been fermenting for a week now, about another week to go on that.

Comment

I have heard stories of Kimshee(sp) the Korean krout exploding. I myself have never seen it,but had Friends tell that tale. I BTW have eaten Kimshee,a bit strong,but not bad
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Yup - that's been fermenting for a week now, about another week to go on that.
                            Hubby and I wanna sauerkraut and or Kim chi. The only time I've tried though it got moldy.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              Hubby and I wanna sauerkraut and or Kim chi. The only time I've tried though it got moldy.
                              You have to keep it under the juice. I put a large plate in there, and weigh it down with a heavy rock. Or, you could fill plastic zip-lock bags with brine solution and weigh it down with that.

Any stray chunks that float up should be skimmed off.

As long as it's under the juice, mold and bad micro-life will leave it alone because there isn't enough air in the water to support the wrong forms of life.

Comment

Working...
                              X