Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blood-bound Handfasting

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    How long it's dead is a good question. But I don't think you'll get an easy answer. I've never thought about it before myself. As someone trying to get pregnant, the moment that blood exits my body it's of no use to me. I guess currently I consider it dead as soon as menstruation starts.

If I was avoiding pregnancy on the other hand, menstruation would be a cause for celebration haha.
    All I can say there is many women and more than a few doctors have said if you want fruit of the womb make sure your man doesn't wear Fruit of the Loom under wear. Holding the Teste close to the body the way the fruit of the loom undergarment does causes the count to be lower which reduces the numbers of available soldiers to get the job done so to speak. But that is going way off topic from blood bound hand-fastings he he he
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      How long it's dead is a good question. But I don't think you'll get an easy answer. I've never thought about it before myself. As someone trying to get pregnant, the moment that blood exits my body it's of no use to me. I guess currently I consider it dead as soon as menstruation starts.

If I was avoiding pregnancy on the other hand, menstruation would be a cause for celebration haha.
      Yeah, I'm with you on this one. The only time menstrual blood is a sign of fertility in my mind is when a young lady has her first period, signalling she's now physically able to make a baby.

I'm the opposite of you and actually developed a medical condition because of my fear of getting pregnant (some might remember that I spoke about it a few years ago in the adult section). Anyway, as part of my therapy I mapped my cycle and also use those dipper tests for women who want to get pregnant, that tell you when you're ovulating. I avoid any kind of bedroom behaviour on those days (I do use contraception but I'm scared of the 0.01% chance that it fails, they're not good enough odds!), and for me it's just 4 days of the month and they're as far from the bleeding days as you can get. So, long and far too revealing story short, I agree, menstrual blood is the opposite of fertile blood.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. The only time menstrual blood is a sign of fertility in my mind is when a young lady has her first period, signalling she's now physically able to make a baby.

I'm the opposite of you and actually developed a medical condition because of my fear of getting pregnant (some might remember that I spoke about it a few years ago in the adult section). Anyway, as part of my therapy I mapped my cycle and also use those dipper tests for women who want to get pregnant, that tell you when you're ovulating. I avoid any kind of bedroom behaviour on those days (I do use contraception but I'm scared of the 0.01% chance that it fails, they're not good enough odds!), and for me it's just 4 days of the month and they're as far from the bleeding days as you can get. So, long and far too revealing story short, I agree, menstrual blood is the opposite of fertile blood.
        Lol I could talk about natural fertility for daayyzzz
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I can add that I know there are magical properties to menstrual blood as ritual blood. I think that's partly because it's the only blood that doesn't have to be taken from the body, your body freely gives it to you to use. One of the things we talked about with the blood binding ritual was that if one of us was menstruating during the ritual time, it could be really powerful to use. But on the flip side we're smearing it on each other and bacteria issues etc. So it was vetoed. But it did come up that if we ever felt blood was a necessary part of a ritual, using menstrual blood was a good option.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
          X