Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clowns. Just, Clowns.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I had the same thing. I mean my parents taking me as a kid. Also as a hispanic kid, we had the mexican clown puppet. Go on google it. I'll wait.
    My kids would ask for marionettes and ventriloquist dummies for Christmas, then refuse to have then in their rooms at night.

Kinnda funny when ya think about it.

My sister had a life-sized doll that resided in the basement...

...ya'll didn't wanna go down there in the dark.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Does anyone remember these? I had one when I was about 3. It was in the shape of a cat with a plastic baby face inside. I know I loved it dearly. This is where my cat lady nature started.

I realize now my parents might have contributed to my dysfunctional love of all things cat and or creepy.

Thanks mom and dad.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Does anyone remember these? I had one when I was about 3. It was in the shape of a cat with a plastic baby face inside. I know I loved it dearly. This is where my cat lady nature started.

I realize now my parents might have contributed to my dysfunctional love of all things cat and or creepy.

Thanks mom and dad.

LMAO - gotta love mom & dad. Nobody screws you up like your parents... unintentionally....
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My biggest fear as a kid was actually a giant piece of string I had a nightmare about once. I really loved clowns. They were expressive and animated, and they had a sense of humor. Those are my top three qualities in friends.

Comment

Nowadays, people do not feel human.

Comment

It's all over breakfast TV this morning. They've spread to the UK too..

My focus for this moon cycle was to face my limiting fears including travelling outside of my 'safe places' when it's dark. I've been building myself up to go to Sunderland Illuminations at the end of the month. I haven't been since I was a kid because it starts in the evening and would mean travelling back from another city late at night. The clown thing is making me much more nervous than I was before. Oh well, maybe next year.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Someone dressed as a clown up in Merthyr and ended up getting beaten up. It's a bloody daft idea. And the media are promoting it all the time - begging the question... why?
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

At first, I thought it was just a promotional thing for the remake of the movie IT until things escalated quickly into some repugnant prank. I feel sorry for those who works as a real clown, more people are wary being in the same place as them.

Comment

Working...
                  X