Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clowns. Just, Clowns.

Jun 2013
    Phrase
    Roses are red, violets are blue. The next one is false, the last one was true!

Clowns. Just, Clowns.

So apparently there's some thing going on where everyone is dressing up as clowns and some killing people and threatening schools and such. Now it's cool to run around in clown masks. Stupidest fad ever, and some city police have an "arrest on site, find a reason later" policy for anyone in a clown mask. Then today, there were not one, but THREE guys in clown costumes running around my college campus. One of them was unarmed, and pretty harmless, and was just letting people walk by. Then he noticed my friend was scared, and RUSHED her until she threw up and started crying (and he's an athlete, so all he'll get is a slap on the wrist). Seriously, how did this become a thing? This is such an embarrassment to the US that I would literally vote for Trump if it meant the clown thing would stop.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Clowns. Just, Clowns.

I have been seeing this happen in the news(Mostly Google) and it is one of the stupidest things I have seen in quite a while. People are just so freaking lemming like to be believed.

As far as I know no one has been killed,BUT ya never know if perhaps a Cop might shoot first and check under the mask later. Clowns be warned.(also might be frightened people shooting a clown)
    Last edited by anunitu; 04 Oct 2016 at 22:22.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Sort of reminds me of the bunnyman stories and fads that go in cycles with that.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Oct 2014
    Religion
    Hinduism with a dash of Heathenry

I hate clowns. They creep me out.

Just sayin'.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Copper Member
    Apr 2014
    Religion
    That one where I can play with live snakes and speak gibberish.

Had an interesting experience last year in NYC. I lived in the Bronx and the girl I was dating lived just outside of Queens on Long Island. So I would have a long ass subway ride to get to Queens then have to get on the LIRR. Anyways, I had come out there and we spent the night watching "It". After the movie was over I had to get back to the Bronx as I had work in the morning. When I got on the train to Manhattan in Jamaica, Queens I shit you not the only other person in the car with me was a clown. In Queens. At midnight. After watching "It".

I was maybe just a little concerned.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

I know that Jamaica train station - they're all clowns there! LOL That must have been really wild after watching "It"!!

In the mid-80's, my friend and I were having lunch and there was a kid's b-day party in the restaurant. They had a clown making balloon animals, and he took a liking to my friend, and came to our table a couple of times, gave her an animal, etc. By the time we were leaving he asked for her #. He called, and they got along, and made a date. It was pretty funny since we had absolutely no clue what he looked like without the makeup! They went out a few times and then stuff got weird. Creepy weird. So she ditched him, and that was the end of clowns.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2014
    Religion
    Hinduism with a dash of Heathenry

I heard this morning that this is in anticipation of the remake of Stephen King's It, and the return of Pennywise. Whatever the reason, someone is going to get injured, or even killed.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

The book IT
    Pennywise
    Clowns
    eff this...eff that....eff it all!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Jun 2013
    Phrase
    Roses are red, violets are blue. The next one is false, the last one was true!

It's actually interesting you mentioned that, Medusa. It seems that when the original movie came out, kids were reporting sightings of clowns everywhere (and their parents would report the kid's story to the cops, which seems to be what most of today's outbreak is). There's a remake coming out this year, so maybe that's what's responsible for the resurgence? As for the particular clowns in our school, they won't prosecute, but security has said that they'll allow just about anything short of a firearm for self defense, so half the school carries mace. They're not going to be stupid enough to do it again.

Side note- the only thing more ridiculous than people running around as clowns is the way American colleges treat their athletics departments.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Ya'll are letting yer pre-de-juice hang out all over the place. Clowns is peoples, too, and deserve da same respect ya'd give ta adult babies:

Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.