Remote viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote viewing

Ello everyone I had a quick question on the classifacition of remote viewing.
    What category would said skill fall under?

Thanks for your help!
    Sincerely,
    Mirrorgirl29

Re: Remote viewing

If I've understood your question, I'd call it scrying. Or if you're asking which forum it belongs in, I think you're in the right place!
    Last edited by Jembru; 10 Oct 2016, 19:37.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I mean I suppose it's scrying but at the same time I'm seeing this happen in real time not the future or the past...

Sincerely,
      Mirrorgirl29

Comment

As far as I can tell the most popular belief amongst practitioners is that scrying is like tarot in that despite the misconceptions about 'fortune telling', these things usually reveal what is happening NOW that the sitter may be unaware of. Any future prediction is just that, a prediction.. an estimated guess of the likely outcome if they continue on their current trajectory. At least in my own circles this has been the theory.

If you want to be more vague though, you can just call it clairvoyance.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add though, that the only form of remote viewing I'm familiar with is the automatic drawing technique (the kind allegedly used by the US military). I actually wouldn't call that kind scying, so I think I know where you're coming from.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

okay let me explain this situation for me a bit clearer, Lapis_ram and I have skype calls every night nowadays and we like to test each other's abilities (ex. remote viewing) During a skype call I asked if he had his stitched up pants at the end of his bed on the right. Other times would be me going through out his house in my mind and seeing things like a love seat with stripes and gold threading within the upholstery (mind his camera is broke on his laptop) but I also could see another love seat in his living room on the left plus the lighting of his laptop on his long pale arms and boney fingers pointing at the love seat. Through out all of the accounts I've had it was in real time many of these times I was right as Lapis_ram immediately comfirmed these (guesses) if I was not he would assist me by trying to give me hints or telling me flat out no for some of my descriptions of any object.

Sincerely,
          Mirrorgirl29

Comment

Remote viewing is similar to astral travel or the "body of light" when you can interact with what you see.
            Seeing another location in detail in real time is a real skill that most who wish to try can accomplish to some degree. Using your "body of light" allows you to have a way to be in another place in real time. Not only can you see but you can move things and even be seen by others who are there while physically being in your original location too.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'd say you have a couple of things potentially going here.

Yes, it could be remote viewing in that you are sending your sight / essence / etheral or astral body to view the area. Allowing you to either view it from an on high perspective vantage point where you seem to be floating above the scene and looking down upon everything. That in my experience seems to be the most common description I see people give as to how they "See" things and relate to their position to what they are viewing.

You could be doing almost a second sight thing were you are viewing it from the person's perspective as if you were viewing it through their eyes. In that capacity you see it from their vantage point and more importantly as if you are looking out of their eyes. Similar to remote viewing except that you maybe aware that you are outside of them but are viewing things through them, almost as if you are ridding them or sharing them. Potentially similar to Dream Walking in that their is a connection to the person's sub-conscious mind.

Closely connected, well in my thinking anyway, is the telepathic connection. It seem's like remote viewing in that you appear to be seeing but more so you are viewing memories and thoughts of what the person has seen. As you speak to them and get confirmation or clues your clarity gets finer not because your actually picking up more visuals but because as they think about it your visual becomes cleaner. Their active imagery gets finer and that is what you are picking up on and thus your mental / visual picture gets clearer due to their attempts to confirm or clarify what you are asking of them. In some ways this is like cold reading in that you describe it they confirm what you describe you describe more and they confirm even more until the picture gets more and more defined.

Not sure how to separate them but there is also a difference between third eye scrying and actual projection of astral form to location. With third eye scrying you are aware of being in your body but you watch imagery play upon your third eye. It maybe in color or black and white and seem's to play in your mind but for many I've spoken to it seems to be above the eyes and centered in the fore head, ie the 3rd eye region. In many ways it's like watching a movie and often in real time though it can be time insensitive in that it can be future events, past events, alternate events or of course non events that play out. For most I've spoken to this is what they refer to when they speak of Scrying not remote viewing or projection. Some of what I've read and discussed suggests that 3rd eye is closer connected to what might be called Kundalini rising and opening of the crown chakra and higher self than projection of the astral / etheral form.

Of course like all things just my opinion and perspective so others might disagree or have differing opinions.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Okay so bits and pieces of what you say make sense. For instance in the second parargraph I've had one account where I saw practically through Lapis_ram's eye buuut, I was completely aware I was in control of my own physical being and so was he. "Similar to remote viewing except that you maybe aware that you are outside of them but are viewing things through them, almost as if you are ridding them or sharing them." is exactly what happened I suppose. Other times, I feel as if I'm standing in the corner of a room trying see everything from that corner instead of "floating" above the room for a better vantage point. Some of the things I see go by so quickly but I still rember them almost as of they flash before my eyes; those happen to me so often I started to appropriately name the "Flash visions" much of this helps me with using my "remote viewing" abilities.
                Thanks for the quality information though!

Sincerely,
                Mirrorgirl29

Comment

First let me share an anecdote. I have an inner world in which there are 3 temples. A different one of my guides (that I've worked with for over 20 years now -this isn't relevant, I just only recently realised it's been so long and wanted an excuse to share that fact ^^) is in charge of each temple. My guides attempt to help me to grow mentally and spiritually through these temples, which each correspond to a different realm or sphere that I use to conceptualise reality.

A massive issue for me is that I worry too much about which temple or realm certain topics fall under. My guides are constantly reminding me that the categories are artificial, superficial and because the realms overlap more often than not, largely irrelevant. Their only use is in giving me a starting point and a framework to help me work through particular issues or subjects. Yet I still struggle to move beyond the trappings of wanting everything to fit into a neat little box. Especially in my journal because I like to colour code my notes depending on the temple.

My point is, do you really need to categorise your practice? Can't it be a little bit of several things at once?

You see images so I would call tgat clairvoyance, using a mirror to see those images is scrying, using this technique in order to see another place in the present is remote viewing. Yet you could use other techniques instead of scrying to see your friend's room. That wouldn't be scrying, but might still be clairvoyance, and will be remote viewing. These are the categories I use because of my own personal study, those who've learnt different systems or read different books may have their own way of breaking it down. I'm not sure it matters though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirrorgirl29 View Post
                    Okay so bits and pieces of what you say make sense. For instance in the second parargraph I've had one account where I saw practically through Lapis_ram's eye buuut, I was completely aware I was in control of my own physical being and so was he. "Similar to remote viewing except that you maybe aware that you are outside of them but are viewing things through them, almost as if you are ridding them or sharing them." is exactly what happened I suppose. Other times, I feel as if I'm standing in the corner of a room trying see everything from that corner instead of "floating" above the room for a better vantage point. Some of the things I see go by so quickly but I still rember them almost as of they flash before my eyes; those happen to me so often I started to appropriately name the "Flash visions" much of this helps me with using my "remote viewing" abilities.
                    Thanks for the quality information though!

Sincerely,
                    Mirrorgirl29
                    This might come across as sort of Harry Potterish but you might have a portal or anchor object that is allowing you to tether to. Years ago a close friend and myself were trying lots of projection and remote viewing stuff and we both discovered there where things in each other's homes that sort of allowed us to grab on and attach ourselves there. For me many times they happened to be located in liminal places such as corners or eves. For me it seemed as if it was because it was not here nor there if that makes sense. Sort of like looking at a mirror and it's not before you nor behind you as it is a reflection of each other. A corner is the same, not the right wall or the left wall but a juncture where they are mirrors of each other. For him it was places where there were light fixtures or switches as if the energy in those places aided him.

Even today when I project and try to "See" I tend to first see from liminal angles initially. Whether it be from an eve looking down or from a corner looking inward or from a corner looking outward viewing a landscape initially. But if I know some object is there and I can focus and project my focus upon that object it is easier to send my etheral spirit to that place.

Comment

It's true that I also want to organize these ideas and practices but at the same time like you've said they overlap which I recognize but sometimes it does help to have these respectively categorized.

Sincerely,
                      Mirrorgirl29

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post

Even today when I project and try to "See" I tend to first see from liminal angles initially. Whether it be from an eve looking down or from a corner looking inward or from a corner looking outward viewing a landscape initially. But if I know some object is there and I can focus and project my focus upon that object it is easier to send my etheral spirit to that place.
                        Woah.. when I've drifted from my body (although I'm always just in my own room), I see from the ceiling, right in the corner of the room. I can't move from that position though and usually just panic and wake up safe and sound in my body again.

Sorry for the little derail then. I got excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          .. My point is, do you really need to categorise your practice? Can't it be a little bit of several things at once? ...
                          Not addressed to me but i'd like to address it.

I suppose my guides are more pragmatic. They show me a hammer and say all hammers are alike so why make them different. Then hand me a ball-ping hammer and say now remove that nail! You can try and try and perhaps beat it out of whatever it's in but the fact is the ball-ping is not made to remove the nail. Then they hand me a simple claw hammer and tell me to drive a spike into the pavement. Again, the claw hammer can do it after much wasted time and effort but then tell my the heavy mallet has a name and purpose and that is what it was designed for. Then give me a heavy mallet and tell me to drive the finishing nail knowing I will destroy the delicate piece of wood the finishing nail is supposed to go into because I should use a setting tool and a smaller hammer.

Tools have names and functions / purposes. Just because someone may use them in a manner they were not intended or not have proper training to use them is not really a reasonable excuse to say it's ok. Does it matter? To the novice probably not. In part because they will never be a master of that skill or craft. To the master or one who seeks to master a craft or skill then yes it matters. Yes many skills overlap or have similarities to other skills but just because they have similarities does not make them the same nor even close enough that one can simply presume that it works for one so it will work for something else. It's bad enough when it comes to that presumption with language alone much less a skill set and the demonstration / application of said skills.

Not occultish but consider I was stationed in Scotland for a few years. Saw quite a few things, learnt quite a few terms and concepts. Went to the other side of Scotland and used those same terms and names and got looked at like I was an idiot. Told basically oh that's how the back-wards people say it or think it's done. Then went down to England and discovered they were sure all of Scotland was whacked and both groups were wrong about how they were doing some skill set and procedures. Of course being an American and going home they were quite certain both groups were doing it wrong and told me how it should be done. Did it matter? Sure did to each of those groups and to their heritage and identity and knowledge of things. Mattered to me in that I knew I needed to be broader based in who I was speaking to and how it pertained to them and how they related to that concept if I wished to speak to them about it. Then figure all of those groups at least spoke some variation of English though words might have differing meanings or usages unlike interjecting a foreign language into such as Japanese, Spanish, etc.

But then I admit I came in at a different age in the pagan / occult community and blanket terminology didn't suit us, we preferred to use as many descriptive words and terms as possible to understand and define what we we're doing and seeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          Woah.. when I've drifted from my body (although I'm always just in my own room), I see from the ceiling, right in the corner of the room. I can't move from that position though and usually just panic and wake up safe and sound in my body again.

Sorry for the little derail then. I got excited.
                          Just a curiosity question but did you happen to notice what point your eyes or focus had been fixed upon? Just my own observation and from speaking to other's but it seems I find a lot of times it seem's the first place I realize I am at is the point where my focus was fixed. Sort of where I stared is where I arrive. Yet if I do a color regression or relaxation type thing then I find I float up and out or fall down into the floor. I know initially I used to sort of freak out and jerk and i'd be right back in my body though many times i'd also be sort of sick as well as if such a rushed return caused a disorientation sensation and sickness like an air sickness. Sort of like you get when your in a car and you go over a series of bumps and your stomach sort of hangs for a moment before falling back in place.

Comment

Working...
                          X