Kiesha'ra's passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kiesha'ra's passing

I guess we'll never know who she really was. I have my suspicions but in my heart of hearts, I don't think my suspicions are true. I'm just on edge and way more distrusting than usual. Conspiracy theories aren't going to fix this so I'm ready to just let the whole thing die. It was a cruel lie, but the person behind it can't be in a good place to have done this, so I'll mourn the death of the fictional character that I once believed in, and I'll pray that the person behind it gets the help he or she needs.

On the plus side, I got to chat with some of you because of this and that was cool! I have some more PF facebook pals too. So you know, silver linings and all that!

Now lets put this horrible scenario behind us.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Seems I missed some things.

This actually happened on another virtual space I was once a part of, but the individual was an admin. Same kind of MO: grandiose and crazy successful life at a young age, a severe loss in life that shaped their beliefs and lifestyle, etc... That after-effect of distrust and feeling used lingered on for awhile, but being able to openly converse about it seemed to help a lot of people.

The manipulation and lying is bad enough. There are a lot of cases of these individuals using those stories and relateable (fictional) situations of loss and struggle toward personal gain (money, gifts, etc...) beyond just attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Most people who invent a persona will backpedal furiously when they get in over their heads. Imagine you're posing as a doctor, and then you wind up in a room full of real ones - you're gonna get out any way you can to avoid being exposed.
        On one forum I belong to, we had a young woman join who told us she had a trust fund, had recently married a wealthy man, and posted pictures of the house they'd just bought. None of it checked out - the pictures of the house were from all over the place, etc. She simply disappeared.
        It's sad when someone joins a nice group and does that, and again, we don't know the real story, or if the actual human doing the typing really passed away, etc., and I'm not going to investigate any further - the horse farm was a giveaway once I looked at it. At this point, I'll just say Rest In Peace, whoever you were.
        You remind me of the time someone joined PF pretending to speak Irish Gaelic then high tailed it when a member who really could called them out on their attempts to pass off google translated sentences as the real deal. It made me a bit sad for them for some reason. Like, it just didn't need to end like that.

There was a time actually, that an online friend told me about someone they knew who could speak Japanese. They were so proud of said person, really bigging them up. Then they put us in touch and it came apparent that the person was just learning still. They made a mistake with basic adjective conjugation, like Japanese 101 stuff. Still, I never let on that I knew this. Something just wouldn't let me spoil the illusion (although the person was quick to make their excuses and run when they realised I wasn't a beginner myself). Maybe because it wasn't hurting me, yet could have hurt both my friend and the person telling the little white lie. I still talk about the incident sometimes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Willow View Post
        Seems I missed some things.

This actually happened on another virtual space I was once a part of, but the individual was an admin. Same kind of MO: grandiose and crazy successful life at a young age, a severe loss in life that shaped their beliefs and lifestyle, etc... That after-effect of distrust and feeling used lingered on for awhile, but being able to openly converse about it seemed to help a lot of people.

The manipulation and lying is bad enough. There are a lot of cases of these individuals using those stories and relateable (fictional) situations of loss and struggle toward personal gain (money, gifts, etc...) beyond just attention.
        Luckily she never asked for money. I think this person was honestly just indulging in a bit of escapism and it went too far. The sad part is that I think they genuinely cared about the people they were lying to.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

To those of you who were facebook friends with her - I put her page on my "restricted" list. That makes it so I can still see it, but whoever is accessing that page now can't see anything on my page. I have some r/l old friends on fb who passed away and I did the same thing - you just never know who's logging in there, and just because I knew someone from high school doesn't mean I know their kids or whatnot.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Great idea. Thanks for the suggestion
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              To those of you who were facebook friends with her - I put her page on my "restricted" list. That makes it so I can still see it, but whoever is accessing that page now can't see anything on my page. I have some r/l old friends on fb who passed away and I did the same thing - you just never know who's logging in there, and just because I knew someone from high school doesn't mean I know their kids or whatnot.
              Oh good tip! I'll do that now.

Comment

Looks like her page is down for me. Either the page is deleted or I've been blocked from it I'm guessing?
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

It's down. I'm not at all surprised!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'd surmise she was coming on to PF incognito and saw her story had fallen apart.

Regardless, it would seem the saga is over.

Comment

Let sleeping dogs lie.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Remember the vision,and not the inner dark shadow.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                        X