X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Originally posted by iris View Post
    It's nice to see someone with a brain and a conscience... while I understand why he would retire, I wish he didn't... we need more people in positions of power to stand up to trump, not empty seats he can fill with more yes men.
    Flake had pretty low odds of winning his next election without supporting Trump. Now personally, I'd prefer that he fight it out and try to change the minds of his voters but elections require time and money. Not running allows him to put his effort toward other goals and lets people who would otherwise donate to his campaign put their money elsewhere. It also gives him an astonishing amount of freedom in what he can say (which I expect him to use) and how he can vote (which unfortunately, I expect him not to use).

McCain, Corker and Flake working together could hold the Senate hostage and force it to work in a bipartisan fashion simply by committing to vote against everything that doesn't have more than 50 votes without them. McConnell would be left reaching out to Democrats for every piece of legislation and (more importantly in this case) every judicial appointment. The Senate would either work together or stop working. Since, McCain, Corker and Flake don't have to worry about running again, there's not a damn thing that could be done to pressure them effectively. Unfortunately, this isn't going to happen but it'd amuse me to watch.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

President Moneybags has just passed off another gift to his already too wealthy cronies - the end of net neutrality.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've had other more personal things on my mind the last couple of days, but that net neutrality thing is about to become a raging cause of mine. We can't let it go the way of television, and that's what they want. Corporate control, bundles, packages, the illusion of competitive markets, $$$, $$$, and more $$$.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Can I haz a good interweb please,Somethig nutral,perhaps beige?
          Last edited by anunitu; 23 Nov 2017, 07:14.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Glad the forum's fixed! The first thing that popped into my mind when I couldn't access it earlier was "Are they starting that net stuff already?"
            sigpic

Comment

Trump considering spy network to combat 'deep state' enemies: Intercept ,The Orange one has crossed over to full paranoid.

Story here.

- - - Updated - - -

I said WHAT???

Sean Hannity And Steve Bannon Fear The Deep State Will Arrest Them For Supporting Trump

See the story here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I saw Bannon on tv yesterday. He was speaking about how 45 has bolstered the careers of other politicians. He dressed and carried himself like a vagrant - I don't get him at all.
                sigpic

Comment

I wonder why anyone takes him seriously?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    I wonder why anyone takes him seriously?
                    'cause he spews hate? Everybody loves a good hate monger who spews in public.

And that scruffy look is sooooo edgy and today. From the looks of guys on TV, nobody shaves more than twice a week anymore. Bannon takes it to the max - he does cool by looking like he only bathes once a year, and goes to bed drunk each night with a leprous prostitute.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Clown comes to mind,for me.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The stumble bum trump seems bent on setting off an Infatada.

Story here

Hamas Threatens New Intifada If Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israeli Capital

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Funny...I just saw the funniest polling numbers ever. And not at all surprising--

74% of Democrats think a Democratic politician should resign for sexual harassment, but only 72% of Republicans think a Democratic politician to resign for sexual harassment, while 82% of Democrats think a Republican politician to resign for sexual harassment 54% of Republicans think a Republican politician to resign for sexual harassment. (a source)

From which I essentially learned that the collected data initially supports two concepts: Republicans have 0 morals related to the treatment of women that actually are borne out in their voting, for all they claim to be the party of morality, and they are, by a much larger margin, hypocrites.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just a selective memory malfunction determined by shamelessly pragmatic algorithms?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              Funny...I just saw the funniest polling numbers ever. And not at all surprising--

74% of Democrats think a Democratic politician should resign for sexual harassment, but only 72% of Republicans think a Democratic politician to resign for sexual harassment, while 82% of Democrats think a Republican politician to resign for sexual harassment 54% of Republicans think a Republican politician to resign for sexual harassment. (a source)

From which I essentially learned that the collected data initially supports two concepts: Republicans have 0 morals related to the treatment of women that actually are borne out in their voting, for all they claim to be the party of morality, and they are, by a much larger margin, hypocrites.
                              Trump retains significant support from his base still. I mean sure, part of that is Republicans lying to themselves about which news sources to trust and part of it is

A new survey shows that white evangelicals are much more willing now than they were a few years ago to vote for politicians whose personal behavior has been "immoral."

The bulk of the GOP apparently cares more about enforcing morality on others than living by it.

The only particularly optimistic thought there is that while Trump does retain high support among an increasingly hypocritical base. His base is shrinking. I don't think we have clear numbers on how much but the apparent answer to the continuous failures inside the GOP by its membership is that rather then try to fix their party, they'll renounce it. If it shrinks enough then the GOP may be in for a hilarious surprise come 2018.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

2018 it seems will truly tell the story.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X