The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Quick! Find a bucket!

They are willing to destroy this country

This is absolute insanity. They have gone too far before, now they are talking the destruction of the Supreme Court of the United States.

We have to get them ALL out of office, or face the destruction of America:

This Could Be The Beginning Of The End Of The Supreme Court As We Know It: Conservatives lay the groundwork for blocking all of Hillary Clinton’s nominees.

I'd like to believe that this is scare talk, but after they've held the country hostage with an effort to shut down the government, and run a loony for president, I'm not sure it is.

Makes me want to puke.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 26 Oct 2016 at 16:04.
    I am the sword,
    The wound,
    The stain,
    The scorned transfigured child
    Of Cain

FREE AMERIKA: Karma is a nasty lady in a pantsuit

"I am often amazed at the ability of some people to know all about a thing, without knowing the thing itself." Captain Corbin of the Royal American Mounted Resistance

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

I can not believe they could even consider something like this. The system was set up to curb any attempt to use one branch against the other.

If the balance is broken,then the whole thing is in extreme danger.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

As a technical matter, an even numbered court is not without precedent. It's impractical, yes but not unprecedented. It originally operated at 6 and it also operated at 10 for a while. We can do it again if we absolutely have to. With that said, the Republicans can only play this game if they hold the Senate and their senators stay united. Right now, the party is split between standing behind a man who has turned Texas into a battleground state and trying to cut ties despite their base still backing crack pot. Republicans maintaining control of the Senate in a united fashion is by no means sure. There is a non-zero chance that this election will fracture the GOP.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jun 2013
    Phrase
    Roses are red, violets are blue. The next one is false, the last one was true!

They also said they'd do the same thing for Obama's nominees. It's unconstitutional, but they're the courts- they're the final say on the constitution.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

I want election day to be over, but I'm almost more apprehensive about what may happen immediately afterwards. Both sides have violent factions and are more concerned with winning than with what will happen to the country as a whole. We the people are just collateral damage.

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Esoteric Kekism
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

I hope the GOP burns, and the Democratic Party as well. They're corrupt and broken to the core.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Jun 2013
    Phrase
    Roses are red, violets are blue. The next one is false, the last one was true!

Thinking about moving- what's the Greek economy like?

Dec 2012
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I want election day to be over, but I'm almost more apprehensive about what may happen immediately afterwards. Both sides have violent factions and are more concerned with winning than with what will happen to the country as a whole. We the people are just collateral damage.
    This is what I'm really worried about. Based on Trump's rhetoric, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls people to take up arms against Clinton after the election or something. The worrisome thing is, Republicans have more guns per capita (most likely) than the rest of the population. It just makes me wonder if the trigger will finally be pulled on all the pent up rage that's been building up in this country.

Though I admit, it's a bit of a conspiracy theory on my part, but I can't help but worry about it.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Esoteric Kekism
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

I guess armed uprisings against warmongering dictators that steal elections are only acceptable in other countries like Libya and Syria. Well, I suppose Secretary Clinton doesn't support it because the US doesn't need to steal oil from the US.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Dec 2012
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    I guess armed uprisings against warmongering dictators that steal elections are only acceptable in other countries like Libya and Syria. Well, I suppose Secretary Clinton doesn't support it because the US doesn't need to steal oil from the US.
    Lol interesting point. I wouldn't participate in any uprising like that either way, but who knows what Clinton, or even the military would do, if that were to happen.