This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Trump either thinks he can BS Mueller or is actively playing as if he does because his pride won't let him appear afraid of talking to Mueller.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Getting popcorn for the big show!!

- - - Updated - - -

need this to be on live TV!
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

IT would seem that the dice are rolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Would not want to be in their shoes.

Last edited by anunitu; 08 Aug 2018, 12:14.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Poll: Trump is as strongly disliked now as Nixon was before he resigned

from CNN:
          Not holding my breath,but Getting popcorn and snacks ready for party to celebrate

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yes, but Trump would never resign. It would require thinking of someone else's best interest over his own ego. We are in this until the bitter end. Hang on tight to your seat with the hand that isn't holding your popcorn.
            Last edited by Prickly Pear; 12 Aug 2018, 10:05.

Comment

It feels like the short and curly are coming into focus!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

As the mid terms come closer,I am hoping it will finally flush that big orange turd down the drain,never to return.!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Midterms aren't that awesome on their own the a blue wave will certainly cripple the ***

Removing him will take help from some of the GOP or the DOJ, "going **** it, enough is enough" and the courts agreeing with them
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I think we under estimate the level of stupid in our country,

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Question, and there isn't really much logic behind it but I'm curious. If someone's impeached or has resigned, are they eligible to run for presidency again next time an election comes up? Not that I'd have any hopes of that person winning.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I would think not,BUT that is a VERY good question JUNI

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          Question, and there isn't really much logic behind it but I'm curious. If someone's impeached or has resigned, are they eligible to run for presidency again next time an election comes up? Not that I'd have any hopes of that person winning.
                          To answer your question, no person that is ineligible to run for president.
                          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 18 Aug 2018, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            In case of resignation, it mostly depends on other requirements. You resign during your first term, maybe. Second, probably not.

In the case of impeachment, it depends on how pissed off Congress is. The relevant text is mostly in

Note that I'm assuming that you're using impeachment to mean impeachment and conviction. The above link deals with the Senate's duties which are trying impeachment. The specific text for what you want is

Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.
                            Now, it's my understanding that Congress does not have to bar someone from public office upon removal but they have the power to do so. They just can't do anything more than remove and bar from public office.

Comment

mainly after any negative departure,most all parties would NOT want to touch one who was so disposed.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Nixon resigned due to imminent impeachment. Andrew Johnson and Clinton were impeached but not convicted and completed their terms. Johnson was later elected and served as a senator.

Impeachment does not entail removal from office, but a subsequent conviction would.

- - - Updated - - -

Impeachment is kind of similar to indictment. There appears to be enough evidence to charge, but it is not a conviction in and of itself.
                                Last edited by Prickly Pear; 18 Aug 2018, 21:46. Reason: Clarifying which Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X