This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

We need to start arming the working class POC and protesters as the violence from the Right escalates. Self defense is as important now as it has ever been.

Comment

Education is probably more important than guns. People who are poorly educated seem to love far right waffle. Critical thinking is essential.
      Understanding economics is also essential - I am sick of people saying 'there isn't enough money' for healthcare/education/keeping the environment clean/take your pick as though governments' economic budgets are the same as budgeting for food and rent.
      As for arming people - personally I think that will escalate the problem. But I live in a different world. So you may be right about that, I don't know.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Perhaps put BOTH sides in a Gladiator type situation,and let them cleanse there own ranks,as the rest of us watch it on cable while snacking ourselves into a coma.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          ...As for arming people - personally I think that will escalate the problem. But I live in a different world. So you may be right about that, I don't know.
          You're being modest - you DO know.

What we actually need is enough political awareness, integrity, self-honesty, and personal industry to ensure that, in a democracy, the brownshirts to not end up with enough support in the government to prevent a constitution, and rule of law, from dealing with these things in the appropriate way.

Two armed sides involved in active combat is exactly what the brownshirts want - it is why they come out dressed in pseudo-military gear. An excuse to declare martial law under the current president, by the current president, would give an incompetent-though-sociopathic jackass with no "moral compass," and a belief in his own infalibility, complete dictatorial power.

The the oposition would have to be composed of low-grade idiots to play into that scenerio.

People who actually want to take effective action (as opposed to wanting to see things go BOOM) will be voting (here) in 2018, and, in the meantime, voicing their ire to elected officials.

tRump's days ARE numbered, he IS becoming a liability to his own party, there ARE enough people in office with enough integrity to oppose him, and the rest WILL be led by self interest, as it becomes increasingly obvious that self interest lies elsewhere...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's frightening and it seems to be happening everywhere. The playright Bertold Brecht, in his work The Irresistible Rise of Arturo Ui (which was a swipe at Hitler) once wrote: Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the bitch that bore him is in heat again.

I've never forgotten that. And it may explain why we seem to be going backwards into Nazism again...

Comment

"the bitch that bore him is in heat again." THAT is a great line,it seems to explain so much.
              Last edited by anunitu; 13 Aug 2017, 04:14.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

They're literally running peaceful protesters over out here. My friends face got slashed at the Auburn rally. People keep saying and attacks are rising. How privileged, stupid, or obtuse are you people? People literally are under attack and Nazis are marching the streets and the notion of self defense is so foreign to your idealist asses. White people behind their walls with no actual awareness.

They're gonna keep hurting people and y'all gonna keep crying about being peaceful and your vote. Don't even want people to defend themselves. Might as well be a Nazi at that point.

Comment

No need to go into name calling just because someone doesn't agree with your perspective... violence breeds violence, taking up arms against them will do nothing to ease that situation. How would you defend yourself against a car with a gun?
                  It's scary as hell. On this continent it's a kind of attack we've seen a lot lately. We protect people with more police on the streets, blockades to stop vehicles from running into open public spaces.
                  From this side of the world, what you guys are seeing now looks an awful lot like the result of your orange leader's hateful rhetoric condoning violence... if you shoot one, ten will probably set out for revenge. I agree that your best bet is education. That's not a quick solution. But it's the only one that will ensure you're not all at war in a few years.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

When one gives one's enemy what that enemy demands, who is in cahoots with the who?
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Meanwhile, they've been home-schooling for quite a number of years now, silently forming armies. And now the gov't. wants to get more & more involved in public education, making it more in tune with the "right".

The argument against peaceful resistance is: Not all planets want to join the Federation, so to speak. Some are blood-thirsty. All the praying, ritual-performing, vibration-with-the-universe, etc., is simply going to be your last gasp as they cut your throat.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        ...The argument against peaceful resistance is: Not all planets want to join the Federation, so to speak. Some are blood-thirsty. All the praying, ritual-performing, vibration-with-the-universe, etc., is simply going to be your last gasp as they cut your throat.
                        But don't you think that political action - where political action has a strong chance of success - is preferable to armed action?

Granted, there are times when civil war may be necessary, but I don't see it as ever being desirable. I don't advocate praying, ritual-performing, or vibrating-with-the-universe as a means, or, at least, as the sole means, of dealing with the slimy nasties (those things are tricks for maintaining one's sanity in insane situations so that one can make sane decisions), but where rule of law can be invoked and made to act in the proper way ... that, I think, should be the go-to.

The logical flaw that people seem to fall into in situations such as these is "there are only two choices -fight back, or roll over."

There are other options. For now, at least, unless we loose the opotunities that be 'a-nockin'.
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 13 Aug 2017, 07:58.

Comment

**I'm not talking about what I personally support - I'm presenting the case as I've heard it.** And I'll add - political action to keep the peace is part of what the "right" calls "political correctness". They don't want it.

One of my Trump-voter friends said last night that he DID speak against the violence and people must be deaf or stupid not to know it. (There was no flicker of awareness about how he'd criticized Obama for not using the words "radical Islamic" while himself not naming names. None.) Because people see what they want to see, in most cases, and are greatly influenced by feeling they've won something, in this case the election.
                          sigpic

Comment

If,and I mean IF they did any of this in Germany,they would be in jail or fined heavily.

See here.

The German Government had a very good reason to have these laws.

Not sure how well they would go over here,but you never know.

One big problem with this approach is it would open a can of worms,who is next,pagans for satanic symbols being banned?
                            Last edited by anunitu; 13 Aug 2017, 08:50.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

What's going on today in the USA reminds me more of Italy than of Germany. My maternal grandparents came to NY in the 1920's to get away from it. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...fascist-italy/
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                                They're literally running peaceful protesters over out here. My friends face got slashed at the Auburn rally. People keep saying and attacks are rising. How privileged, stupid, or obtuse are you people? People literally are under attack and Nazis are marching the streets and the notion of self defense is so foreign to your idealist asses. White people behind their walls with no actual awareness.

They're gonna keep hurting people and y'all gonna keep crying about being peaceful and your vote. Don't even want people to defend themselves. Might as well be a Nazi at that point.

Hang on. Trump was - for better or worse - elected. That's where the problem started. Before the election. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see it was not going to end well.

Given the number of guns in the US, how come 'you people' whoever you happen to be aren't out there shooting everything up? How come at the riot this weekend, it was a car that was used as a weapon and not a gun?

When I say I don't know about fighting back, that's true. Because in the UK was lost our 'right' to bear arms long ago (well, farmers still have them. And the huntin' shootin' and fishin' lot)...
                                But we were being bombed for decades by the IRA and that was bloody frightening I can tell you. People were calling to be able to 'defend' themselves then - and it didn't happen. We only had peace when everyone sat down and talked.

But back to the problems in the US. The rise of the far right is partlly because there is a president who seems to condone and approve what they're doing. And that president was voted into office. He's not seized power, he's been handed it on a plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X