X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    ^^^ There is a level of ignorance in this country that many folks never see. Last year, I was at a family gathering (not my family, but a large family I'm friends with) and was saying something about how people learn about one another, and how I learned as a child that Jewish people celebrate the Sabbath on Saturday. Grown adults were "correcting" me and saying I must mean Seventh Day Adventists, because they observe on Saturday. I agreed that they do, and re-stated that Jews do, also. These people looked at me like I was a Martian.

Point being that when people don't know about something, they make up their own ideas, and often it's from those that prejudice springs. I don't think Christianity can get along with itself well enough to really take over - I knew a girl in college whose parents didn't like her bf because he was a different kind of Baptist then they were - the infighting alone will destroy any sense of unity.
    Baptist VS other Baptist does not surprise me,as I have seen that also,but yes people can be very ignorant beyound belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Going a bit off topic to show just how weird theories can make people crazy.

This.

And some quotes from the story.

A few years ago, NASA senior space scientist David Morrison debunked an apocalyptic claim as a hoax.

No, there’s no such thing as a planet called Nibiru, he said. No, it’s not a brown dwarf surrounded by planets, as iterations of the claim suggest. No, it’s not on a collision course toward Earth. And yes, people should “get over it.”

And this idea has come around once again,I worry about the panic some people will react to.

Why Sept. 23, 2017?

Meade’s prediction is based largely on verses and numerical codes in the Bible. He has homed in one number: 33.

“Jesus lived for 33 years. The name Elohim, which is the name of God to the Jews, was mentioned 33 times [in the Bible],” Meade told The Washington Post. “It’s a very biblically significant, numerologically significant number. I’m talking astronomy. I’m talking the Bible … and merging the two.”

Imagine something like this saying we pagans are "EVIL",and people thinking that is truth,and the reaction.

Human beings are kind of crazy to begin with,even without this kind of extra crazy.

It can,and does happen here,and we should be concerned about it.

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside there is the fact that Sept. 23rd is the Autumn equinox as well a day that there is a lunar occultation also.

Enough to set people off from a month of several major storms and an Earthquake to boot.

Be aware if people start to react,not all,but enough to start a panic.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      LOL - 300 years of Christian vs Christian religious wars raging across Europe might challenge your optimism. The theory is: first, make sure everybody is Christian, then fight to the death about which "Christian" is correct.

It isn't just Christians, by the way, it is any group that believes they have a mission from God that supersedes law or decency, and obtains the power to carry out that mission using law and abandoning decency.
      Everybody wants to be the big cheese!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Jimmy Kimmel rips Senator Bill Cassidy a whole new leaky orifice for bald face lying. It's lovely to see, because the Republicans are trying, once again, to sneak a bad health care bill into law, without actually allowing anyone to inspect it.

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody wants to be the big cheese!
        Limburger, I imagine, judging by the aroma.
        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 20 Sep 2017, 11:12.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Melania gave a speech at the United Nations today about how important it is to set an example for children, stop bullying, be careful with social media, etc. But she made no mention of stopping her husband from tweeting, so I guess it was all hype.

As an unimportant but annoying aside, why doesn't someone in the biz tell speakers, actors, etc. not to wear neon colors on camera? It photographs terribly. She looked like a huge pink blob.
          sigpic

Comment

As evidence that my concerns for religious freedom are more that a dog barking at the moon, here is what the frontrunner for Alabama Senate had to say:

The First Amendment is not that long, nor is it hard to understand. For those of you who haven't read it, here it is:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
            That's it. That's all there is. Where is any religion - Muslim or otherwise - exempted?

When prominent politicians can publicly make up BS about the First Amendment, and still have a solid chance of being elected, there is a huge problem in the U.S.

I can fully understand that people aren't interested in politics. It's time consuming to be informed, it can disrupt one's apathy, it is often maddening, and lead one to question the sanity of large numbers of people.

However, if people would like to continue enjoying the freedom and rights they have grown used to, it is necessary.

The Constitution does not enforce itself. It only works when enough people demand that it be adhered to.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Roy Moore's continuous re-election to office astounds me. This is the man who was removed as Alabama's Chief Justice for refusing to abide with a Supreme Court order to remove a Ten Commandments from Courthouse ground. After he was removed from office he was re-election to the same position. Then he was removed from office again after refusing to abide by the Supreme Court order striking down Alabama's ban on gay marriage.

On a side note I met Bradley Byrne, the Congressman for the district one here in Alabama, the other day. He was about as backwards and vile as expected

Comment

I am tempted to believe we live in Weird times,this makes me wonder if we are in neverland.

Go here to CNN.

To see this news.
                Jared Kushner is registered to vote as a female

I don't know,it might be bogas news,or it might just we have waded into the twilight zone.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^ Well, some folks say Michelle Obama is a man, so I guess that all evens out.

I wonder if 45 will play golf with OJ after he's released. That'd be a sight.
                  sigpic

Comment

^^^ Well, some folks say Michelle Obama is a man, so I guess that all evens out.

I wonder if 45 will play golf with OJ after he's released. That'd be a sight.
                    I think Kushner is a man - he just doesn't have balls. And Michelle is a woman, who has balls.

It's all about the balls.
                    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 30 Sep 2017, 13:32.

Comment

So,balls are the glue that keeps the world from blowing up? Hmmm,I am also feeling angry at trumps treatment of Porto Rico in Tweets.

Story here.

One comment in the tweet is:

"The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump," the President tweeted from his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, where he is spending the weekend. "... Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort."

- - - Updated - - -

Also I keep hearing reporters having to remind us that they are US citizens,as though that might not be seen by Trump as a fact.
                      Last edited by anunitu; 30 Sep 2017, 13:51.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^ I wasn't expecting this when I woke up.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Firey speech. Good for him for putting his foot down.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

There will be books and books and books analyzing this president written in the future. I expect they will be very harsh on a lot of people who should, but don't, stand up.

Flake won't be one of them, and neither will Corker or McCain. Ryan and McConnell will fry. Don't they see that yet?

Comment

It's interesting (and important) that the GOP is in panic/meltdown mode. This is the time a new Dem. candidate must emerge if things are going to go back the other way; otherwise, 45 will keep on finding minions who will blindly follow him until that's all we've got in power.

I'm on the fence about being glad I'm old enough not to worry about very long-term repercussions, and regretful of same because I have a morbid curiosity about what this will bring in the decades to come.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's nice to see someone with a brain and a conscience... while I understand why he would retire, I wish he didn't... we need more people in positions of power to stand up to trump, not empty seats he can fill with more yes men.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...