This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

I'm so sick and tired of hearding Chump and his idiotic henchmen turning America into a big pile of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      He should have quoted the Sermon at the Border:

...and angry Jesus said "Screw the poor, the hungry, the refugee. Taketh their children, and loose them in the system, for the lord thy God is a S.O.B.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm getting a huge headache over Chump.

Comment

So... separating children from their parents and keeping them locked in what's essentially dog kennels (no. Fox. That's not what a summer camp looks like)... praising and admiring a murderous dictator. And now withdrawing from the UN human rights council. Guys... Guys.... you know during wwII we hid jews in our atticks and sailed them across to Sweden in fishing boats at night. Just saying you might wanna start building boats. Or sleds or whatever. My point is. This is getting real scary real quick. But thanks to the internet people can't just not see it. Please don't let history repeat itself.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            So... separating children from their parents and keeping them locked in what's essentially dog kennels (no. Fox. That's not what a summer camp looks like)... praising and admiring a murderous dictator. And now withdrawing from the UN human rights council. Guys... Guys.... you know during wwII we hid jews in our atticks and sailed them across to Sweden in fishing boats at night. Just saying you might wanna start building boats. Or sleds or whatever. My point is. This is getting real scary real quick. But thanks to the internet people can't just not see it. Please don't let history repeat itself.
            Meh, we're unlikely to see a full repeat simply because doing so would require things Trump can't actually do now and his power should suffer a massive hit in under a year. One or both houses of Congress are liable to flip in November and the newly elected reps should take office in January. A divided legislature will kill the GOP legislative agenda and put Trump under the eye of Democrat led investigative committees. A flip in the Senate will also kill his appointment abilities but unfortunately, the damage there is liable to be well entrenched. The GOP has been exploiting its Senate majority to push judicial appointmemts through as fast as it can. I'm actually inclined to thank Howard Dean for this idiocy but I think McConnel would have figured out the trick on his own given a chance so I'll be moderately benign.

The above being said, while I don't expect the full villainy of the past to return. Congress is still suffering a traitor to do far to much harm to the innocent.
            Last edited by MaskedOne; 19 Jun 2018, 17:12.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

On the news when people make excuses for the kids being separated from their parents,they say its the law,and one of the reporters said when it hits the fan,will you say "I was only following orders" That sounds so true to me. this and saying the law was or is,the will of god. That has been used before also concerning slavery among other things.

Someone on the news said that argument was also one Germany used concerning the Jews.

Iris,I share your fear of history repeating itself.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This idiot is getting worse everyday. Any chance that moron will get impeach?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  This idiot is getting worse everyday. Any chance that moron will get impeach?
                  In general or before January. I could see him being impeached and convicted sometime next year. This year? His base is either

A. Willing to ignore facts or
                  B. Lacking conscience

While that remains true, the GOP in congress is for the most part either

A. Complicit or
                  B. Too craven to act

Actual sustained courage in public officials who happen to be Republican can be pretty much isolated to various people in the executive branch and unfortunately, none of them get a say in Impeachment. For Trump to fall, we likely need (in order)

1. A massive blue wave in January that flips both Houses
                  2. Polls demonstrating that the GOP voter base is shrinking rapidly
                  3. Mueller to present a case so solid that it can be used as armor plating
                  4. A handful of GOP senators willing to risk losing their seats to convict Trump

I think the House will flip but I have doubts that the Senate will and even if it does, I'm not sure it will flip far enough.
                  The GOP base is shrinking but I don't think it's shrinking fast enough.
                  I expect Mueller to build an awe-inspiring case but I'm not sure that it will focus on Trump to a sufficient degree
                  In the absence of the first three criteria, I don't expect enough GOP senators to support a conviction.

On the bright side, I expected Trump to fail horribly in his bid for president. The universe proved me wrong once, maybe it'll provide a repeat performance.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    In general or before January. I could see him being impeached and convicted sometime next year. This year? His base is either

A. Willing to ignore facts or
                    B. Lacking conscience

While that remains true, the GOP in congress is for the most part either

A. Complicit or
                    B. Too craven to act

Actual sustained courage in public officials who happen to be Republican can be pretty much isolated to various people in the executive branch and unfortunately, none of them get a say in Impeachment. For Trump to fall, we likely need (in order)

1. A massive blue wave in January that flips both Houses
                    2. Polls demonstrating that the GOP voter base is shrinking rapidly
                    3. Mueller to present a case so solid that it can be used as armor plating
                    4. A handful of GOP senators willing to risk losing their seats to convict Trump

I think the House will flip but I have doubts that the Senate will and even if it does, I'm not sure it will flip far enough.
                    The GOP base is shrinking but I don't think it's shrinking fast enough.
                    I expect Mueller to build an awe-inspiring case but I'm not sure that it will focus on Trump to a sufficient degree
                    In the absence of the first three criteria, I don't expect enough GOP senators to support a conviction.

On the bright side, I expected Trump to fail horribly in his bid for president. The universe proved me wrong once, maybe it'll provide a repeat performance.
                    I hope you're right. It look like that Chump isn't budging to go anywhere at this point.

Comment

All throughout the campaign and the beginning of this presidency, I kept thinking "this must be his Greg Stillson moment" about many moments. But it never was. Now, with actual kids involved, it's closer. Churches are turning. Even the Southern Baptists are turning. Our local gov't. here is in disarray - the Gov. resigned recently, our Rep. just resigned, and our Congressman "isn't stating an official position on this issue yet" (the kids).

If anyone doesn't get the Greg Stillson reference, it's from "The Dead Zone" where Stillson, a power-crazed candidate, gets shot at while giving a speech and grabs a kid to block himself from the shooter. His future goes down in flames when people see it. The only reason the moment hasn't happened yet is because the moral compass of the people has lost its magnetic North.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think you're right there won't be a full repeat MO. Thankfully. But I'm noticing a frightening similarity in rhetoric and method. I have no shadow of a doubt that if he actually had the opportunity he would go full dictator. It's scary how much your law actually allows him to do based solely on whim and ego. Watching from he outside it's just one step shy of concentration camps. I've met a couple of people who lived through those and remember the things being said to justify the behaviour. It's so similar it's terrifying. But that's what I mean with the internet and no-one being able to ignore it. The world watching every step makes it much harder to get away with something like that. But f* the amount of stuff he's already gotten away with makes me doubt that whole theory. He's surrounded by apologists, his own language regarding this (and everything else) is getting harsher by the day, and his fanbase could watch him shoot puppies (or kids) with machine guns and they'd still be worshipping that weird orange blob.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          I think you're right there won't be a full repeat MO. Thankfully. But I'm noticing a frightening similarity in rhetoric and method. I have no shadow of a doubt that if he actually had the opportunity he would go full dictator. It's scary how much your law actually allows him to do based solely on whim and ego. Watching from he outside it's just one step shy of concentration camps. I've met a couple of people who lived through those and remember the things being said to justify the behaviour. It's so similar it's terrifying. But that's what I mean with the internet and no-one being able to ignore it. The world watching every step makes it much harder to get away with something like that. But f* the amount of stuff he's already gotten away with makes me doubt that whole theory. He's surrounded by apologists, his own language regarding this (and everything else) is getting harsher by the day, and his fanbase could watch him shoot puppies (or kids) with machine guns and they'd still be worshipping that weird orange blob.
                          Yeah, the President is assigned a frightening amount of power. This is supposed to be checked by a Congress that will step in to check dumber ideas and if necessary, remove presidents that misuse their authority. Unfortunately, the party currently controlling Congress is reliant on a voter base that likes Trump. This results in a Congress that borders on worthless. With luck, Trump's time on easy mode will end soon. A flip in Congress will have a few key effects

1. Any of Trump's crazier legislative ideas will flat out die.
                          2. A Democrat led investigative committee is gonna look a lot different from the ****storm that is every Congressional investigation except the Senate Intel Committee's over the past year and a half or so.
                          3. It will remove a sizeable amount of pressure from the DOJ
                          4. ICE may find itself regulated better if Congress feels particularly gutsy. Even one house of Congress going blue can decide that no bill funding ICE will pass without attached regulations concerning how ICE is to behave and empowering other bodies to enforce that behavior.
                          5. Impeachment moves from the position of borderline impossible to merely horribly unlikely

Comment

Apparently the fire got too hot - supposedly some exec. order is being drafted to keep families together. Together where, we don't know. And the scheduled Congressional picnic has been cancelled. Awwww.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Apparently the fire got too hot - supposedly some exec. order is being drafted to keep families together. Together where, we don't know. And the scheduled Congressional picnic has been cancelled. Awwww.
                              Good.

In the meantime, I found

More than 600 members of the United Methodist Church have issued a formal church complaint against Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow church member, charging that his “zero tolerance” policy on immigration violates church rules and may constitute child abuse.

To be utterly hillarious. Having the AG's church smack him upside the head for misbehavior and bad doctrine amuses me.

Comment

I think the Methodist & Southern Baptist churches having recently spoken out affected his decision to at least look like he's doing something positive. He can't lose too much of that base. The people follow their churches more closely than they follow him. Not to mention the money, of course.

Meanwhile, they've "dipped into" the Social Security trust for the first time since the '80s. ****sigh**** there's just never any moment when one can let one's guard down.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X