X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    You're being deeply unfair to Nixon. Also, the timing doesn't work. Trump was old enough to draft dodge in Vietnam after all. Mostly though, you're being deeply unfair to Nixon who was at least moderately competent at getting shit done.
    Well.....yeah, I guess Nixon probably started out OK and got corrupted along the way. But maybe his anger and disappointment festered long enough after death that he morphed into you-know-who, taking over his consciousness since it was weak to begin with. LOL I'm no zombie expert, but I'm pretty experienced with snake oil salesmen.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      hawk i believe you got it what e3lse could it be?
      A simalculum created from the preseved farts of Stalin?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        A simalculum created from the preseved farts of Stalin?
        Eeeeeww....and yeah. LOL

Someone I've known since we were about 12 was in NYC today and stopped into Trump Tower. He refers to it as "the mothership". He loves the guy. I just keep quiet....gotta pick my battles.
        sigpic

Comment

The pharmacist spat politics at me yesterday. I really did not need that little lecture just because I was picking up medication.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
            The pharmacist spat politics at me yesterday. I really did not need that little lecture just because I was picking up medication.
            Some people don't know how to rant amongst friends and be quiet at work. Sorry you had to endure that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              Some people don't know how to rank amongst friends and be quiet at work. Sorry, you had to endure that.
              I agree that pharmacist should be fired or at least a warning not to discussed politics at work again.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                Yeah... Think ya what ya wanna think, but don't go feelin' like ya gotta smear it on my arse while yer workin'.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I saw a Trump Supporter outside near the subway station yesterday while I was going to the Bible Crusade. He was holding a giant flag saying Trump for 2020. I just completely ignore him and continue my business elsewhere.

Comment

This could fit in several different sections/threads. Andy Schlafly, son of the late Phyllis, wants to re-do the Bible because it's "too liberal". This has so many social, political, and religious ramifications it's beyond scary. Hopefully, it just fades into the sunset and never takes root. The article is from 2009 but it's being brought up again in Trumpian circles. https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...FqutyIEtVIaPdQ
                    Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 28 Apr 2019, 18:01.
                    sigpic

Comment

This could fit in several different sections/threads. Andy Schlafly, son of the late Phyllis, wants to re-do the Bible because it's "too liberal". This has so many social, political, and religious ramifications it's beyond scary. Hopefully, it just fades into the sunset and never takes root. The article is from 2009 but it's being brought up again in Trumpian circles. https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...FqutyIEtVIaPdQ
                      LMAO! All that taking care of the poor crap. Jesus was a hippie - just look at all that hair. The Romans were the REAL heroes of the Bible...

They knew how to treat liberal hippie trash.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO! All that taking care of the poor crap. Jesus was a hippie - just look at all that hair. The Romans were the REAL heroes of the Bible...

They knew how to treat liberal hippie trash.

Comment

Ahh, the sweet scent of heresy in the morning
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

This country is damned and doomed in more ways than just one.

For the record I despise both political parties along with the entire United States government and establishment.

There is no salvaging this nation, it is beyond salvation, hope, or redemption.
                          Last edited by Pythagoras; 04 Jun 2019, 21:05.
                          "When Zeus was setting all things in order there fell from him drops of sacred blood, and from them, as they say, arose the race of men."- Flavius Claudius Iulianus Augustus

Comment

Hahahahahahahahaha "HOW DARE THE EDUCATED EXPERTS HAVE A SAY!"

But seriously, Aus re-elected a conservative government (yes it's called the Liberals, be confused), and I cried in the shower doe half an hour.

Oh and we're exclusively on rain water. And in official drought. But.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Looks like Al Franken got tRump pumped:

The Case of Al Franken: A close look at the accusations against the former senator. (By Jane Mayer, June 22, 2019) https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-of-al-franken

Comment

Did you watch the Mueller testimony Wednesday?
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X