X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    If you remember the last of "On the Beach",everyone gets those "Pills",and they sing,"Waltzing Matilda" as they say goodbye.
    Now that is a movie that doesn't get mentioned to much any more. The deserted streets as the crew tries to find out if there are survivors at the transmitting station in the US. Only to discover its the wind pushing a window blind across a transmitter key. Then to wait it out in Australia for the bitter end that they can't avoid.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Its a gift and a curse,being old,and remembering a LOT of stuff. I might like to NOT remember the cold war,because I kind of know where our current mess might lead.
      It was kind of a theme back then.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Yes - education in the US is different. We gloss over the nasty bits, and make ourselves to heros of the world. The people who control education tend to get pissy and threaten/fire the people who execute education, when they don't do this (to test this, just do a Google search for American articles about teaching evolution, or African-American history, or Hispanic-American history, or Chinese-American history, etc. Many Americans prefer to force us to live in a self-created dark ages of fabricated pseudo-knowledge. You are fortunate to come from a more enlightened land). .. .
        Isn't that the truth. If not the hero then it's a very selective presentation of how we perceive a historical event or period. Sadly though it's not just our education system it's our culture as well. People are more concerned with say Snookie and Jersey shore for instance than being historically correct. I think what makes it so bad is it's worse in some areas than in others in the US. Sometimes due to religious influences, sometimes due to economic influences, sometimes due to social influences and sometimes to multiple combinations. What works to combat it in one area fails in another area as the mitigating causes are different.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a gift and a curse,being old,and remembering a LOT of stuff. I might like to NOT remember the cold war,because I kind of know where our current mess might lead.
        It was kind of a theme back then.
        True but I sort of liked all the big bug & radiated Dionosaur movies that it inspired. Could do without all the paranoia that went with it though. Makes me wonder if the Trump effect will not bleed into a new form of McCarthyism of some sort.

Comment

I liked all the movies,"Them",the one with giant ants,the incredible shrinking man,the giant woman one,the whole invasion from outer space thing,the Nuke satires like Dr Strange love ,and also if you are old enough,Howdy Doody. That left an impression on my young mind.

I got a howdy Doody doll for Christmas once,and it had instructions on how to throw your voice.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Advertising and reality shows are how we got to this point. People voted for a character they saw in a boardroom, flanked by his grown offspring, on a reality show. Now we're being propaganda'd about nuclear stuff while the health insurance mess gets forgotten.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If you think this situation would've played out much differently without Trump, boy, do I got some news and history for you. The Democrats are almost unified with the Republicans and Trump over North Korea. The media has been priming the U.S. public for a war on thr peninsula for decades. North Korea's entire posture against the U.S. has been defensive! Why shouldn't they be? The U.S. was the primary aggressor in the 1951 war and annihilated five million Koreans. They see what the U.S. machine does to states that refuse to uphold or resist U.S. Imperialism. The DPRK has been placed under sanctions that have caused famine. And the news constantly feeds us racist imagery of this little crazy Korean man.

This rhetoric isn't new with Trump. This is business as usual. Also, this probably has more than a little to do with AmeriKKKa's interest.

Comment

I liked all the movies,"Them",the one with giant ants...
                This is one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies.

"Make me a sergeant and give me the booze!"

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am wondering if and when this little beauty might come up.

Neutron bomb.

Said never used,but some rumors say it has been used.

Kills people,does not destroy buildings.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

This is one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies.

"Make me a sergeant and give me the booze!"

Nah it was make me a sergeant in charge of the booze he he he of course he couldn't understand how they got them little planes down there.

- - - Updated - - -

I am wondering if and when this little beauty might come up.

Neutron bomb.

Said never used,but some rumors say it has been used.

Kills people,does not destroy buildings.
                    They used to talk about that one when I entered the military in 78. The Neutron bomb and how it would wipe out people and leave the infrastructure basically in place.

Comment

I remember people calling Olivia Newton John "Olivia Neutron Bomb".
                      sigpic

Comment

OT for a minute...

For those who haven't seen Them:

He does switch to "give me the booze" at the end of the scene, though.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh I agree he does switch the line at the end, that's when the other guy in the ward turns to him and tells him to be quite. he he he

Comment

President Shitlips refused to say "The Nazis are bad" in Charlottesville. Fucking white supremacist driving a car into a crowd is the fault of both sides, and Obama, and then he went into brag mode.

Fuck his ass with a straight razor.

Comment

President Shitlips refused to say "The Nazis are bad" in Charlottesville. Fucking white supremacist driving a car into a crowd is the fault of both sides, and Obama, and then he went into brag mode.

Fuck his ass with a straight razor.
                              This.

I was waiting to make a farmer's market run until he spoke, and when he got done, it was all "same old, same old", and I got the creeps when he said he loved everyone.
                              sigpic

Comment

What the hell is going on with the country? It's like we're going mad. Especially with our idiot for president Trump.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X