This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

At the cost of the Repubs seeming to rig the system,not sure it would go over well with the "Keep your government hands off my stuff" crowd.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hopefully it's another example of Trumpian Trumpery - those grandiose claims that he is incapable of seeing through to completion.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        If he attempts to do this in order to avoid following the U.S. Constitution, he will have stepped directly into "I'm a dictator!" section of the arena.

At that point he will either be impeached, or a shooting war will start.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Edit - turns out I was wrong. On further research, it appears that he can break the 9th circuit court into smaller districts. If he does, though, it will sure look to me as if he is attempting to usurp the powers of the judiciary, and usurp control of the government.

The thought makes me somewhat ill.
        Searching around,the Repubs have tried this before,but never pulled it off.

Here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also his get rid of Nafta thing he stopped and said they can stay.....SO unexpected..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          At the cost of the Repubs seeming to rig the system,not sure it would go over well with the "Keep your government hands off my stuff" crowd.
          If the Republican party collecively gave a damn about anything past beating the Democrats then Trump would never have reached the general election. There might be a handful of exceptions that will develeop principles and a spine. That might be enough to get limit the damage till the mid term elections but lets not bet on it.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My response to Mr. Trump.........Your Fired bigly!!

- - - Updated - - -

An after thought...I truly want a president I can respect,and trust to keep our country safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting to see if the Government ends up shut down...everyone is playing, who gets blamed for the Government shutdown....

The Shutdown Blame Game: A User's Guide

See here.

Last edited by anunitu; 27 Apr 2017, 09:14.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
              Congress can do that? I'm genuinely interested in knowing more.
              Yes as everybody else said before. Congress can impeached President out of the office. Just because the president can run the country doesn't mean that the president is above the law.

Comment

Everyone else is worried about Trump being a dictator, and hoping that the deep state will stop him... meanwhile I'm over here hoping for the exact opposite, that Trump actually does nut up and do what he said he was going to do and not what is politically convenient. Anything else is basically just what would have happened if almost any of the other candidates won.

As far as I am concerned the deep state already won, and that's the problem. Trump has been acting too much like Obama or Hillary would.
                Last edited by Denarius; 27 Apr 2017, 10:44.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I hear you Den,he is flipping like a fish out of water..he changes his stance every few minutes it seems like.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                    Congress can do that? I'm genuinely interested in knowing more.
                    Short answer? Yes, they can and there's no appeal if they do.

Long answer?

It's extraordinarily difficult to pull off and unless Trump openly admits to Murder, sex crimes against young children or high treason on national television then it's not likely with the current Congress.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Impeachment is like a grand jury..if they can prove there is evidence you broke those specific types of no no's,then they can start an actual trial. If the crimes are serious enough jail time can enter the picture. As Mask said,it is a steep climb to get to the trial...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Impeachment is like a grand jury..if they can prove there is evidence you broke those specific types of no no's,then they can start an actual trial. If the crimes are serious enough jail time can enter the picture. As Mask said,it is a steep climb to get to the trial...
                        Actual criminal trial is a completely different set of proceedings and involves an actual court. Presidential removal (and/or removal of certain other officials) is

House of Reps looks at case and decides whether to pass articles of impeachment.
                        If the House passes articles then the Senate tries the matter. If the Senate convicts on the Articles of Impeachment then someone is removed from office. Congress can toss a ban from future office in if it feels pissy but it can't initiate criminal proceedings.
                        However, once a President is removed, the DoJ can (if relevant and appropriate) step in and say, "Mr. ______, you are under arrest for ______"

Wrath of DoJ is an entirely separate procedure though and Congress doesn't have a huge say on where that goes.
                        Last edited by MaskedOne; 27 Apr 2017, 12:18.

Comment

Thanks for the clarity Mask.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Trump is a puppet. One who doesn't care to be educated on any important issues. It's pretty clear in his speeches, or lack thereof, and his never ending flip-flopping. It's not him I'm really worried about, as much of a headache he and his supporters gives me. It's the rich people that whisper in his ear who really concern me.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My main concern at the moment is him starting a war out of stupidity. The Generals might keep him from doing stupid,but you never know.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

All this talk about impeachment and realistically only two US presidents have gone through impeachment proceedings. Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton and both of them Acquitted of the charges. Richard Nixon might have been impeached due to Watergate but it's still speculated that even with all of that he might not have been convicted. So his resignation from office could be debated as to whether he would have been convicted had he actually been impeached.

Controversy wise and such and going against the establishment I imagine Trump's Presidency will probably get compared to Andrew Jackson's in many ways. Both men have similar personalities, mannerisms, and a sense of doing things their way.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X