This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Main reason I remember is I had to be PIO (Primary Investigating Officer) more than a few times as well as being a Chief had to stand with a few Sailors at NJP.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Yeah i understood like none of it. But thats ok, im in Oz
      UCMJ Article About UCMJ - Uniform Code of Military Justice - Military Law
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Read through Mask's link,and was surprised that a retired Military person(Served 20-30 years) is even in retirement still subject to the UCMJ..Right at the bottom of the story.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That's because retirement pay is actually a retainer pay though the odd's of being recalled once you transfer to the inactive fleet rolls is highly unlikely. Yet it can be done, sort of like how the GM's (Gunner's Mates) for the battleships were asked if they wanted to come back when the BB's were re-activated. No one in the fleet had any experience with the 16 inch guns so the inactive rolls were searched and some of those men were re-activated.

Since your on a retainer your still subject to the UCMJ, one reason I was told we keep an ID card vice having mainly a VA type ID card.
          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 19 Apr 2017, 10:38.

Comment

Did they get called up during Vietnam when the New Jersey was doing the yacht club?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Did they get called up during Vietnam when the New Jersey was doing the yacht club?
              I heard some where called up them and then again when they came back in the late 80's. But might be the same group as I'm really not sure. I know a few other rates did get called back in during the Vietnam era and there were some rates brought in as Chief's as well because of shortages at the same time. Mostly in the Construction Battalions as far as I recall historically now though regarding the instant Chiefs and maybe Army & Navy wise with regards to Helo ops as pilots.

Comment

Washington is going "to chart a path forward on TTIP negotiations", according to House Speaker Paul Ryan.
                Last edited by Denarius; 19 Apr 2017, 13:11.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  That's because retirement pay is actually a retainer pay though the odd's of being recalled once you transfer to the inactive fleet rolls is highly unlikely. Yet it can be done, sort of like how the GM's (Gunner's Mates) for the battleships were asked if they wanted to come back when the BB's were re-activated. No one in the fleet had any experience with the 16 inch guns so the inactive rolls were searched and some of those men were re-activated.

Since your on a retainer your still subject to the UCMJ, one reason I was told we keep an ID card vice having mainly a VA type ID card.
                  The retainer pay is actually only a DoN thing, the other branches don't have it. They retire at 20 years, their ability to be recalled is governed by specific Army instructions in the case of the Army, and I'd guess similar instructions for the Air Force.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    The retainer pay is actually only a DoN thing, the other branches don't have it. They retire at 20 years, their ability to be recalled is governed by specific Army instructions in the case of the Army, and I'd guess similar instructions for the Air Force.
                    Didn't know that about the Army and Air Force. Knew the Navy / Marine Corp did the Retainer up to 30 then retainer / retired from 30 on wards. That along with a DD form 363N certificate of Retirement when we hit 30 usually with a nice letter thanking us for our service. Have mine around somewhere recall it said I was retired but also subject to the UCMJ and under certain conditions could be recalled to active duty. Though highly unlikely, especially as I get older.

Figure if I ever get called back we'll be in a world of hurt as my job skill set would be well out of date though I guess leadership never really goes out of date. Well just the means of application, don't think how we did things would fly to well in today's Navy.

Comment

Keep your bug out bag handy,these days you never know.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Ta. I mean relevance to me is low but interesting all the same.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-epa-clean-power-plan-court-2017-3
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I know that my thoughts most likely have no legal basis,but would not causing damage to national security by curbing environmental safety fall into the area of sabotage to the security of our resources,and also increasing weather damage to our infrastructure. A pipe dream I know..but in some ways he is lessening our ability to protect ourselves because of disruptions from extreme weather?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Trump's priority is letting corporations breathe from certain regulations, in order to give fuel to the economy and try to enhance the market's dynamics. Bad for ecology, good for economy. Priorities.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

The hammer that builds can also destroy..just saying..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X