This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are willing to destroy this country

This is absolute insanity. They have gone too far before, now they are talking the destruction of the Supreme Court of the United States.

We have to get them ALL out of office, or face the destruction of America:

This Could Be The Beginning Of The End Of The Supreme Court As We Know It: Conservatives lay the groundwork for blocking all of Hillary Clinton’s nominees.

I'd like to believe that this is scare talk, but after they've held the country hostage with an effort to shut down the government, and run a loony for president, I'm not sure it is.

Makes me want to puke.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 26 Oct 2016, 16:04.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

I can not believe they could even consider something like this. The system was set up to curb any attempt to use one branch against the other.

If the balance is broken,then the whole thing is in extreme danger.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

As a technical matter, an even numbered court is not without precedent. It's impractical, yes but not unprecedented. It originally operated at 6 and it also operated at 10 for a while. We can do it again if we absolutely have to. With that said, the Republicans can only play this game if they hold the Senate and their senators stay united. Right now, the party is split between standing behind a man who has turned Texas into a battleground state and trying to cut ties despite their base still backing crack pot. Republicans maintaining control of the Senate in a united fashion is by no means sure. There is a non-zero chance that this election will fracture the GOP.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

They also said they'd do the same thing for Obama's nominees. It's unconstitutional, but they're the courts- they're the final say on the constitution.

Comment

I want election day to be over, but I'm almost more apprehensive about what may happen immediately afterwards. Both sides have violent factions and are more concerned with winning than with what will happen to the country as a whole. We the people are just collateral damage.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I hope the GOP burns, and the Democratic Party as well. They're corrupt and broken to the core.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Thinking about moving- what's the Greek economy like?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I want election day to be over, but I'm almost more apprehensive about what may happen immediately afterwards. Both sides have violent factions and are more concerned with winning than with what will happen to the country as a whole. We the people are just collateral damage.
                This is what I'm really worried about. Based on Trump's rhetoric, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls people to take up arms against Clinton after the election or something. The worrisome thing is, Republicans have more guns per capita (most likely) than the rest of the population. It just makes me wonder if the trigger will finally be pulled on all the pent up rage that's been building up in this country.

Though I admit, it's a bit of a conspiracy theory on my part, but I can't help but worry about it.

Comment

I guess armed uprisings against warmongering dictators that steal elections are only acceptable in other countries like Libya and Syria. Well, I suppose Secretary Clinton doesn't support it because the US doesn't need to steal oil from the US.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    I guess armed uprisings against warmongering dictators that steal elections are only acceptable in other countries like Libya and Syria. Well, I suppose Secretary Clinton doesn't support it because the US doesn't need to steal oil from the US.
                    Lol interesting point. I wouldn't participate in any uprising like that either way, but who knows what Clinton, or even the military would do, if that were to happen.

Comment

The power that be are in fact worried about a violent reaction to the election outcome.

Here.

If people really think they could mount an insurrection,they might want to consider what Martial law would be like.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I am honestly more concerned about Hillary's rhetoric over Russia. That will have much more of an affect than a few riots, which is pretty much all this will amount to, the idea of an outright civil war is absurd.

Escalating tensions with Russia is a very real possibility, especially with her zany no-fly zone scheme, and that's a global concern.
                        Last edited by Denarius; 26 Oct 2016, 20:13.

Comment

There is the Russian Fleet steaming to Syria,though Spain denied them a refueling stop. Tensions are rising on borders in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there is this.

Russia unveils 'Satan 2' missile, could wipe out France or Texas, report says.

- - - Updated - - -

Having lived through the Cuban missile crises,this whole thing brings back very negative memories.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            The power that be are in fact worried about a violent reaction to the election outcome.

Here.

If people really think they could mount an insurrection,they might want to consider what Martial law would be like.
                            Well at least that makes me feel a little better, but after reading all that, makes me wonder if this election is only the beginning in terms of rising tensions across the country.

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            I am honestly more concerned about Hillary's rhetoric over Russia. That will have much more of an affect than a few riots, which is pretty much all this will amount to, the idea of an outright civil war is absurd.

Escalating tensions with Russia is a very real possibility, especially with her zany no-fly zone scheme, and that's a global concern.
                            Right, and that's why I said it's kind of a conspiracy theory that I don't entirely believe myself, though I could easily see riots in DC. Now about Russia, that's a difficult question, is it better to stand up to what Russia's doing in the middle east and Ukraine, or just let that be and avoid war with Russia. But even then, I think the likelihood of a war with Russia is pretty low, unless other world leaders follow suit with The Philippines' president and whatnot.

Comment

And then there is this.

Russia unveils 'Satan 2' missile, could wipe out France or Texas, report says.

- - - Updated - - -

Having lived through the Cuban missile crises,this whole thing brings back very negative memories.
                              Oh no, Russia has the capability to attack us! This is obviously a sign of unwarranted aggression towards us!

Last edited by Denarius; 26 Oct 2016, 20:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X