Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: They are willing to destroy this country

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Considering that the DNC is shafting Bernie for 2020, and how Trump's approval rating is at about what Obama's was when he was reelected, I'd be VERY surprised if he didn't have another comfortable victory over her. Heck, I could easily see him winning in a landslide. Bernie having his nomination stolen from him a second time, would DEFINITELY erode support in the blue strongholds.

Jobs and the economy are going to keep support in the rust belt, very likely even expand it. He might even take some places like Vermont or Washington who have very strong Bernie support, and a not insignificant red presence. He could probably very easily make gains in Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Virginia compared to last time. Especially given voters' disinclination to upset incumbents.

right now, the only thing I could see preventing a landslide in 2020 is fielding a strong candidate (not Hillary) and/or Trump losing traction with his base and the center through a particularly bad showing in North Korea or a reversal in the economy/jobs because of mismanaging the trade war.
    Last edited by Denarius; 09 Jul 2018 at 14:55.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

An economic drop(Possible with trade war blow back) this and loss of allies from bad mouthing them. may cause Trump to drop way down and down the crapper of history.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

How would you feel if I was running for president?

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Sarah Suckup Sanders, Steve Gollum Miller, Kirsten Concentrationcamp Nielson, Mitch Motherfooker McConnell being harassed in public places.

I feel so sorry for them. They believe they can make decisions that affect millions of people, and those people oughtta just suck it up and shut up.

Ainttagonna happen, thank Gob! They check their elitiness when they walk out the door.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 10 Jul 2018 at 09:14.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Sarah Suckup Sanders, Steve Gollum Miller, Kirsten Concentrationcamp Nielson, Mitch Motherfooker McConnell being harassed in public places.

I feel so sorry for them. They believe they can make decisions that affect millions of people, and those people oughtta just suck it up and shut up.

Ainttagonna happen, thank Gob! They check their elitiness when they walk out the door.
    This pretty much sums up my feels on this.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

indeed,what goes around,comes around
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan, Greek, Wiccan, Norse, Egyptian

I remember somebody, somewhere asking what they would tell trump if they could, this was around inaguration time. I thought right then that I'd tell him, "easy come, easy go."

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

i think trump has hit a nerve in the senate.

Senate overwhelmingly rebukes Trump with tariff vote

here.

first time they have reacted like this.

- - - Updated - - -

also this.

‘Anger and Disgust’ as Trump Blows Up NATO Summit

here.

- - - Updated - - -

me thinks he is tap dancing on a land mine!!

- - - Updated - - -

and of course this:

Last edited by anunitu; 11 Jul 2018 at 14:12.
    Mark Twain

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan, Greek, Wiccan, Norse, Egyptian

I wonder how much a ballon like that costs.... asking for a friend.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

Will Sadiq Khan approve the Sadiq Khan in a diaper balloon too, I wonder.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.