This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Interesting article in the failing New York Times comparing tRump and Pepe le Pew...

Who said it: Pepe le Pew or Donald Trump?

07Boylan-master768.jpg

From the article:

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I thought this was funny. from a comments section about the memos.

#ReleaseTheMemo
      #ReleaseTheTaxReturns
      #ReleaseMelania

Snicker snicker.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Trump's comments about the NHS in the UK managed to unite Tories and Labour against him. You might also enjoy this diatribe:

(Note: Jonathan Pie is not a presenter or reporter. He is a comedian whose act involves pretending to be a news presenter who goes off on a rant when the cameras stop rolling)
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Are they going to impeach Donald Chump yet?

Comment

Donald "Make America Barf Again" trump suggests that the way to avoid school shootings is to arm teachers, so when somebody busts in, firing into a crowd, I can shoot back.

It took four years of college before they'd let me plan an English lesson. How much training will I get before I'm expected to make decisions on when to use lethal force on a kid?

Will I get training in urban warfare?

I didn't sign up for that shit.

Leave to spinster face to plan a "solution" that requires selling MORE guns.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Donald "Make America Barf Again" trump suggests that the way to avoid school shootings is to arm teachers, so when somebody busts in, firing into a crowd, I can shoot back.

It took four years of college before they'd let me plan an English lesson. How much training will I get before I'm expected to make decisions on when to use lethal force on a kid?

Will I get training in urban warfare?

I didn't sign up for that shit.

Leave to spinster face to plan a "solution" that requires selling MORE guns.
              I was just reading about this. The weird thing is (at least according to the CNN article I was reading) is that the majority of people seem into it.

What the hell is wrong with you Americans? We have gun laws in Canada, and this kinda stuff doesn't happen half so often.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                I was just reading about this. The weird thing is (at least according to the CNN article I was reading) is that the majority of people seem into it.

What the hell is wrong with you Americans? We have gun laws in Canada, and this kinda stuff doesn't happen half so often.
                Odd cultural quirks + too much money in politics + poorly handled paranoia

Anyway, arming teachers isn't a new concept. We've had this discussion before Trump. At the end of the day, it still makes complicated situations more complicated and introduces some entertaining risks for screw-ups.

If I'm being particularly benign, there is actually a way to make it somewhat workable...

That approach also requires significantly more effort and money than simply authorizing handgun use so it probably will never happen. Since I doubt that any portion of government will commit to an armed teacher policy that is more than simply adding extra wildcards to the field in the hope everything works, I have profound issues with the idea.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Odd cultural quirks + too much money in politics + poorly handled paranoia

Anyway, arming teachers isn't a new concept. We've had this discussion before Trump. At the end of the day, it still makes complicated situations more complicated and introduces some entertaining risks for screw-ups.

If I'm being particularly benign, there is actually a way to make it somewhat workable...

That approach also requires significantly more effort and money than simply authorizing handgun use so it probably will never happen. Since I doubt that any portion of government will commit to an armed teacher policy that is more than simply adding extra wildcards to the field in the hope everything works, I have profound issues with the idea.
                  I just, I have friends here in town who are teachers, and I absolutely cannot imagine them teaching with a concealed firearm at their side.

Maybe it's just my Canadian mindset, though.

Mostly art.

Comment

I just, I have friends here in town who are teachers, and I absolutely cannot imagine them teaching with a concealed firearm at their side.

Nope, arming teachers as a matter of policy is an oddball "WTf are these people thinking" idea at first and second glance. At third glance...

I can with moderate (well, slight because I did this a few years ago and would just be updating it) effort create a series of policies where you can arm instructors and give them a role where that weapon might be useful without trying to turn your teachers into underpaid, undertrained, underequipped first responders. I can also with roughly equivalent effort find things that can still go wrong. There are better answers. Hell there are better answers that don't even require any sweeping gun control measures. Those answers all cost money though.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well, you are Canadian, but it hasn't affected your mind that badly.

Anybody who went into teaching for the right reason will refuse to do this stupid thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you are Canadian, but it hasn't affected your mind that badly.

Anybody who went into teaching for the right reason will refuse to do this stupid thing.

Comment

tRump has clarified what he said - it turns out he didn't say ALL teacher should b armed, he said that 30% of teachers should be armed.

I guess that would be the 30% who never got over their testosterone fueled adolescent hero fantasies (I have a very unique skill set...).

Comment

He now says pay teachers EXTRA for the hired gun persona. you are warned kids,do not mess with teacher!! They my be packing?
                          Last edited by anunitu; 22 Feb 2018, 11:48.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

NRA tilting at windmills again.

HERE.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

OK, let's look into the future if this all becomes reality. Teachers who agree to be armed being paid more and held in higher esteem, so most people going into teaching will be of that mindset, and all that that implies - mostly Republicans, etc. Say goodbye to critical thinking and hello to indoctrinating kids in a very narrow world view, for the most part. All at taxpayer expense, of course. People are already blathering about being happy to spend more "to keep kids safe".
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

And an important thing to put on a teacher's resume will be "Confirmed Kills."

Time to look into retirement, seriously.

(P.S. Rebublicans rarely become teachers. It doesn't pay well enough.

What you describe, Hawkfeathers, might even out the political spectrum in schools a bit, and do something to reduce the harm caused by crazy liberal commie Democrats who give up the comforts of a plush bank account to work in public education corrupting the minds of captive children so they can be squished ito a mold and trained into automiton-like proletarian slaves by being taught about evolution, birth control, and all the social niceties they should have learned at home shortly before being potty trained, he said snarkily.)
                                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 22 Feb 2018, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X