X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    I wish some of the US neo-nazis got the same treatment as the EDL (English Defence League) in Liverpool today. They were chased back to the station to the sound of the Benny Hill THeme tune (in case you are wondering about the music)

Makes great viewing.
    Oh don't worry they've gotten the same treatment a number of times. There is organized opposition at almost every rally. Richard Spencer became a meme after getting punched in the face on several occasions.

Comment

I've only heard of him getting punched once.

Also, Neo-Commies need to be opposed too.
      Last edited by Denarius; 03 Jun 2017, 18:23.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        I've only heard of him getting punched once.

Also, Neo-Commies need to be opposed too.
        He was punched a second time. You can Google it. Also, Nazism and Communism aren't at all on the same keel.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Communist are out there opposing racists and Nazis at every turn in organized street action.

"Neo-commies need to be opposed too"

Well, my friend you are in luck. Come out to Portland tomorrow and support your boys against the Commie threat.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
            Oh don't worry they've gotten the same treatment a number of times. There is organized opposition at almost every rally. Richard Spencer became a meme after getting punched in the face on several occasions.
            There's quite a difference between playing music and laughing at people, and resorting to violence. From what I can tell there was no punching involved in Liverpool, just mocking. The really cool thing is they sent them scampering simply by making them look as ridiculous as they are.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

What you call violence I call self-defense. Quit acting like this not some pervasive and dangerous movement that will go away by "being mocked". Sure, it's cool when they run away and nothing happens but the general escalators of the violence are the Nazis.

Comment

What you call violence I call self-defense. Quit acting like this not some pervasive and dangerous movement that will go away by "being mocked". Sure, it's cool when they run away and nothing happens but the general escalators of the violence are the Nazis.
                I'm not for a second thinking they're not dangerous, don't even suggest that. My great grandfather was one of the many Danes smuggling jews to Sweden in wwII. They didn't do that for a laugh. Which is part of why it's so scary for us to see your new president.
                What I'm saying is that I believe the best way of silencing and damaging the movement is by mocking. They thrive on the fear of other's and on feeling superior. People coming together to peacefully oppose them takes some of that power away. I won't hit another unless they've made it clear they intend to harm me. Again. The US is probably different. Here they probably wouldn't be violent. While they are blithering idiots, they tend be all bark and no bite. Also rarely take to the streets because they're generally met with a counter demonstration way bigger than their own.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

It's really about showing these fascists up for being so bloody ridiculous. That's not to say they're not dangerous. But in the UK the music played was from an old comedy series where the main character was either chasing or getting chased. It was all pretty surreal, but popular at the time. The EDL were outnumbered heavily - which also made it much easier to chase them, but I think the idea was that people would be less likely to join in if they were jeered at. They are dangerous of course, but the idea is to try and keep them in check.

Now in the US I suspect things are different. For a start, you lot are armed. And of course, you've even somehow managed to get a fascist elected as President.

And in case you're wondering here's an original Benny Hill chase scene: https://youtu.be/pJcCL6WWyeI
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    Also, Nazism and Communism aren't at all on the same keel.
                    Yeah, Nazis only had one state that committed unspeakable atrocities. Communists had like a dozen.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Funny, then, that they have been mocked for so long, peacefully protested against for so long and yet their numbers keep growing. Funny, then, that Far-Right has flourished across Europe. Violence is a tactic, but only a tactic, and used generally in self defense. Agitators are not welcome when organizing due to most agitators being undercover cops or thrill-seekers. So, it's not like violence is sought. In fact it is rare in most actions. But, it is never discounted.

In fact the threat of violence has been so effective it's been getting them to cancel events before there is even a chance to protest it.

Comment

If violence is acceptable against the far-right, then it is equally acceptable against the far-left. Hitler was Hitler... but Stalin was Stalin, Mao was Mao, Castro was Castro.

Genocide, mass killings, inhumane conditions, torture, war crimes, totalitarianism. These are not unique to any one ideology or country, and really even the extremes of such are nothing special to Naziism.

Even antisemitism isn't unique to them. Heck, a lot of the worst things Nazis did started elsewhere and/or were done worse elsewhere.

They are not of a unique character or scale. People just like to think they are, because that's better than owning up to the fact that nobody has shit that don't stink.
                        Last edited by Denarius; 04 Jun 2017, 00:41.

Comment

In my mind,there is this ongoing snake oil thing from Both the right and left. Always they both say that they and they alone can save the working class from the evils of Government. China that is supposed to be the PEOPLES republic exploits the masses to their personal gain. That and uses oppression to keep the poor inline for their profit.
                          Right or left,truth be told they do NOT have the peoples best interest in their hearts.

I really have to laugh when Trump says he is the Savior of the poor working class. It is btw not so much that the government is corrupt,people are corrupt.
                          If we keep following after the snake oil merchants we will remain wage slaves to their BS From both sides,the leaders,when they attain power,will not easily give it up.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            It's really about showing these fascists up for being so bloody ridiculous...

And in case you're wondering here's an original Benny Hill chase scene: https://youtu.be/pJcCL6WWyeI
                            Loved this, also from the UK:

May We All Be As Cool As This Woman In The Face Of White Supremacy
                            Saffiyah Khan had no time for English Defense League protestors.

Also, Benny Hill almost killed me; I laughed so hard the first time I saw his show...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              Loved this, also from the UK:

May We All Be As Cool As This Woman In The Face Of White Supremacy
                              Saffiyah Khan had no time for English Defense League protestors.

Also, Benny Hill almost killed me; I laughed so hard the first time I saw his show...
                              Yes that was a great confrontation. Eyeball to Eyeball. Brilliant. Apparently Charlie Chaplin was a great fan of Benny Hill... and it's great to think that years on, Benny Hill is still a shorthand for ridiculous chases!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              In my mind,there is this ongoing snake oil thing from Both the right and left. Always they both say that they and they alone can save the working class from the evils of Government. China that is supposed to be the PEOPLES republic exploits the masses to their personal gain. That and uses oppression to keep the poor inline for their profit.
                              Right or left,truth be told they do NOT have the peoples best interest in their hearts.

I really have to laugh when Trump says he is the Savior of the poor working class. It is btw not so much that the government is corrupt,people are corrupt.
                              Or as Dalberg-Acton once remarked, 'Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.' Nothing's changed...
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

The Onion goes full Cthuhlu on The Whitehouse:

The Theseus Protocol
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X