X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

here are your winnings SIR
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      here are your winnings SIR

Oh! Thank you very much!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Yet again, tRump caught red-handed, bla bla bla.

Does it matter?

Guess not. Nothing matters much anymore.
        Ehh, we'll see how much things matter in November 2020. Unfortunately, the DOJ deciding to take the safe route + the elected wing of the GOP largely appearing okay with supporting felons, there are no easily available legal shortcuts to handle Trump. I mean, NY could theoretically try and push felony charges. Trump can't actually stop them and if the Supreme Court backs them* then I would be deeply amused but I wouldn't bet on it happening and the legal battle just over getting charges thru would take a while and be fought by government lawyers not the typical idiots Trump hires as personal reps.

* I consider this wildly unpredictable. On one hand, there is no direct Constitutional prohibition on bringing charges against a sitting President. All the Justices know that. Also, there are three surefire ways one leaves SCOTUS, retirement, death and impeachment. Trump has zero leverage on SCOTUS and presidents who expect their appointments to be blindly supportive have been rudely disabused of that notion before. I could see at least 6 Justices (the four liberal Justices, Roberts and Gorsuch if he's feeling particularly literalist) backing a state prosecuting a sitting president. I could also see any number of Justices deciding that the DOJ weren't complete idiots, blocking the charges and also pausing the statute of limitations. Pretty much, if a state finds a felony charge to bring then we're all in interesting waters.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Ehh, we'll see how much things matter in November 2020. Unfortunately, the DOJ deciding to take the safe route + the elected wing of the GOP largely appearing okay with supporting felons, there are no easily available legal shortcuts to handle Trump. I mean, NY could theoretically try and push felony charges. Trump can't actually stop them and if the Supreme Court backs them* then I would be deeply amused but I wouldn't bet on it happening and the legal battle just over getting charges thru would take a while and be fought by government lawyers not the typical idiots Trump hires as personal reps.

* I consider this wildly unpredictable. On one hand, there is no direct Constitutional prohibition on bringing charges against a sitting President. All the Justices know that. Also, there are three surefire ways one leaves SCOTUS, retirement, death and impeachment. Trump has zero leverage on SCOTUS and presidents who expect their appointments to be blindly supportive have been rudely disabused of that notion before. I could see at least 6 Justices (the four liberal Justices, Roberts and Gorsuch if he's feeling particularly literalist) backing a state prosecuting a sitting president. I could also see any number of Justices deciding that the DOJ weren't complete idiots, blocking the charges and also pausing the statute of limitations. Pretty much, if a state finds a felony charge to bring then we're all in interesting waters.
          This is another reason why people need to Vote Blue next year. He never did anything good in my country. His let's build a wall speech is complete bullcrap. If people even have any reasonable IQ at all then this is the outcome of how this country turn too.

Comment

Great news everyone. Chump is getting impeached.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Great news everyone. Chump is getting impeached.
              I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. And if they DO hatch, we get Pence, who is formidable in his own right in ways 45 can't even touch.

We'll see what develops.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. And if they DO hatch, we get Pence, who is formidable in his own right in ways 45 can't even touch.

We'll see what develops.
                Oh yeah we have that guy to deal with as well.

Comment

Pence is terrifying, honestly. The man has all the same notions as trump if not even more conservative and is a bit better at phrasing them "normal". -_- From what I've seen at least.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

tRump is a self centered jackass.

Pence is creepy self righteous Jesus-wanna be.

Neither is competent to be an American president.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So B. De when are we going to jump into the race?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        tRump is a self centered jackass.

Pence is creepy self righteous Jesus-wanna be.

Neither is competent to be an American president.
                        Both of them did enough damage to this country. They need to go. I mean right now.

Comment

There is nothing I would rather not do, rather than that. There isn't enough money that would get me to try to take a monumentally important job for which I am monumentally unprepared for.

That's where tRump and I differ.*

* We differ in other ways as well. For instance, I love my kids because they are my kids. I could go on, but the lawyers inform me that this should be sufficient.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing I would rather not do, rather than that. There isn't enough money that would get me to try to take a monumentally important job for which I am monumentally unprepared for.

That's where tRump and I differ.*

* We differ in other ways as well. For instance, I love my kids because they are my kids. I could go on, but the lawyers inform me that this should be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                            Both of them did enough damage to this country. They need to go. I mean right now.
                            Honestly, a power vacuum would be just as shitty as they are--just in a different way. There is no easy way out of the hole US dug itself.
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                              Honestly, a power vacuum would be just as shitty as they are--just in a different way. There is no easy way out of the hole US dug itself.
                              Or a toilet bowl. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                                Sure, there is. US continuance of government plans are rather long*. If Trump and Pence are simultaneously impeached and convicted then we get President Pelosi. Not my favorite option but I'm really not feeling picky right now. We may suck at removing presidents but we have in-depth contingencies to prevent a power vacuum at that level.

* Going of wiki, the current line of succession runs through 17 different offices. 14 of those offices are held by people who are definitely eligible to serve as POTUS if necessary and two of which are held by people who might be eligible. The only person in line who definitely can't replace Trump is Chao because she's a naturalized citizen and therefore Constitutionally prohibited from serving as President.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X