Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1150

Thread: They are willing to destroy this country

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

I would think not,BUT that is a VERY good question JUNI
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Question, and there isn't really much logic behind it but I'm curious. If someone's impeached or has resigned, are they eligible to run for presidency again next time an election comes up? Not that I'd have any hopes of that person winning.
    To answer your question, no person that is ineligible to run for president.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 18 Aug 2018 at 18:48.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Question, and there isn't really much logic behind it but I'm curious. If someone's impeached or has resigned, are they eligible to run for presidency again next time an election comes up? Not that I'd have any hopes of that person winning.
    In case of resignation, it mostly depends on other requirements. You resign during your first term, maybe. Second, probably not.

In the case of impeachment, it depends on how pissed off Congress is. The relevant text is mostly in

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...iclei#section3

Note that I'm assuming that you're using impeachment to mean impeachment and conviction. The above link deals with the Senate's duties which are trying impeachment. The specific text for what you want is

Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.
    Now, it's my understanding that Congress does not have to bar someone from public office upon removal but they have the power to do so. They just can't do anything more than remove and bar from public office.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

mainly after any negative departure,most all parties would NOT want to touch one who was so disposed.

Nixon resigned due to imminent impeachment. Andrew Johnson and Clinton were impeached but not convicted and completed their terms. Johnson was later elected and served as a senator.

Impeachment does not entail removal from office, but a subsequent conviction would.

- - - Updated - - -

Impeachment is kind of similar to indictment. There appears to be enough evidence to charge, but it is not a conviction in and of itself.
    Last edited by Prickly Pear; 18 Aug 2018 at 21:46. Reason: Clarifying which Johnson

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

TO get elected you need MONEY,and the money people will not back a candidate who has the stink of scandal perhaps.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    TO get elected you need MONEY,and the money people will not back a candidate who has the stink of scandal perhaps.
    My counter to this assertion is sitting in the White House. My second counter is a man named Roy Moore who got re-elecfed to the Alabama Supreme Court after being ejected from it for defying a federal court order. Modern US politics aren't sane.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

agreed on both points.

- - - Updated - - -

this works for me.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

IT seems to have hit the fan.

‘It’s the only excuse they’ll need’: Legal blows fuel impeachment fears

House worried that Cohen – with his unique access to Trump’s history of business dealings and scandalous personal entanglements – could ultimately prove more damaging to Trump, and give Democrats fodder for impeachment if they take the House in November. “It’s the only excuse they’ll need,” the lawyer said. “And believe me, they won’t need much of an excuse.”

Story here.

Aug 2018
    Religion
    gnostic luciferian
    Phrase
    veritas lvx mea

man trump definately makes nixon seem like a really good president in comparison. I think or feel that this whole debacle is eventually gonna end up blowing up in his face because hes definately not saavy enough to pull this off like he thinks he is.