This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

I think part of the issue with the refugee situation here is that so many of them are using the "Change your ways for us!" In prior refugee situations conclaves were recognized and accepted and people made little what ever's but didn't expect the country to change their ways for them. Now the media or perhaps anti-media constantly pushes how they want our laws changed, holidays changed, ethics changed, etc to become acceptable to their ways. Sorry food pantries, doesn't fit our religious needs, change it. Instead of saying thank you when their are others that are in desperate straits as well.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Hmm. Thought so. So, let me explain...

An asylum seeker is someone who has applied or is applying for asylum because he or she claims that to be returned to their place of origin would likely result in persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, political belief or membership of a particular social group.

A refugee however has already applied for and obtained asylum. It can sometimes also be applied to someone who applies on the grounds of fleeing war, famine, tsunami, earthquake etc.

An economic migrant is someone who legally or illegally goes to a country looking for work.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        The reality of stopping immigration is that there are very little pros and very many cons, including stagnation due to lack of diversity that makes a population less resilient and less innovative and able to deal with the complexity of the real world.
        Is anyone saying "stop immigration?" I'm just saying maintain our borders and enforce our laws or, at the absolute hardline, repeal the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and end (or modify so as to exclude the children of illegal immigrants from benefiting from) birthright citizenship.

America developed space flight without the scope or breadth of mass immigration we are seeing now, I think we'll be fine.
        Last edited by Denarius; 30 Mar 2017, 10:57.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I found this article very on-point as to how things have gotten where they are.

http://chriskratzer.com/trump-the-mi...-christianity/
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thank you for that serious and truly concerned link Hawk.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
              repeal the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and end (or modify so as to exclude the children of illegal immigrants from benefiting from) birthright citizenship.
              Err, define "birthright citizenship". I mean this seriously by the way. The way I read this line, ending birthright citizenship without a Constitutional Amendment will end in either

A. The nearest Federal Court reinstating it post haste or
              B. A Constitutional crisis when election time comes around and nobody is eligible to run for president because there are no natural born citizens...

And I'm relatively sure you aren't advocating a Constitutional crisis...
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Err, define "birthright citizenship"
                Specifically having jus soli as the standard as opposed to jus sanguinis, or less broadly something to the effect of arguments put forward here.

Bills have been introduced from time to time in Congress which have sought to declare American-born children of foreign nationals not to be "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States", and thus not entitled to citizenship via the 14th Amendment, unless at least one parent was an American citizen or a lawful permanent resident.

{...}

Some legislators, unsure whether such Acts of Congress would survive court challenges, have proposed that the Citizenship Clause be changed through a constitutional amendment. Senate Joint Resolution 6, introduced on January 16, 2009 in the 111th Congress, proposes such an amendment; however, neither this, nor any other proposed amendment, has yet been approved by Congress for ratification by the states.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                  America developed space flight without the scope or breadth of mass immigration we are seeing now, I think we'll be fine.
                  Two words: Operation Paperclip

Also, the space race and the Cold War were major pushes for Indian immigration.

Besides, the highest rate of immigration in the US occurred at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century.
                  Last edited by thalassa; 30 Mar 2017, 14:45.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Sean Spicer just said that Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons. Then of course he tried to backpedal. OMG. Happy Passover, everyone. The amount of unpreparedness in this administration is mind-boggling.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Mustard gas?...or did that end with ww1..even so mention Zyklon-B????
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Mustard gas?...or did that end with ww1..even so mention Zyklon-B????
                        Zyklon-B. The pathetic Spicer stated that "Even Hitler didn't use poison gas on his own people," which is historically way wrong, unless you consider the mass murder of German Jews by gas as not an attack on his own people.

'Course, The Spiceman had to walk it back... "Duh! You know what I mean! He didn't drop it from planes!"

If somebody in this administrarion were competent at speaking his/her native language these silly babelfarts would stop happening... Like when tRump stated that immigration raids would be "military operations," which OBVIOUSLY meant "with military-like precision."
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Looky me! I'm a press secretary!
                          I mean, do they even research their own job descriptions and qualifications? It's like Trump is like looky here boys, let's have a drink and get on in here and just I dunno, do stuff and press buttons.

I'm seriously terrified. I'd be ok if I hated these people because they were evil. I don't think that. I am in fear because they are effing dumber than a box of rocks. I mean. Jesus Christ. Be mean. Be evil. Be the opposite of what I agree with. Don't just be so damn stupid. It's literally terrifying.

Take a look at his cabinet. It's like he went through his rolodex and just picked people. Like seriously half of them...look....Ben Carson. He's black. Urban. Housing. Close enough. Case closed.

God damn it dumb people.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

LOL - hey! Calm down! We live in wonderous times when the highest qualification for massively important jobs is to be completely incompetent. I'm applying for jobs as a brain surgeon, currently. I'm as unqualified as it is possible to be, so I expect to be wildly successful.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My observation is that literally every president the U.S. takes on is hated by a decent portion of the population and loved by another. One cries apocalypse the other cries redeemer. Some people think it's a descent into fascism or sharia and another thinks it's an ascent into a greater America. My opinion is that this administration will come to pass with little manifested ill effect. Also this last race was a gong show and the democrats definitely used their hold on the media and their press machine to generate lots of fear and propaganda over Trump. And it became more of an issue of personalities and sensationalism than it was about the major issues. Additionally Hillary's campaign elected Trump, they generated a lot of the following for Trump by polarizing the nation with a lot of their divisive statements made towards Trump followers. Calling them deplorable etc. And she also had a criminal scandal and a lot of lies under her belt, she was absolutely no angel. Now people think they have the Anti-Christ in the white house and that they missed out on their pant-suit laden messiah. It's almost ridiculous in general in my opinion.

Comment

No president is that radically different from another. Mass deportation and bombing children were modus operandi under the Obama administration. If Clinton was President, Syria would still be getting bombed. The two sided nature of U.S. politics is mostly an illusion. Both are right wing parties that serve the interests of capital and furthering U.S. influence.

"The historical unity of the ruling classes is apparent in the State"

That being said Trump is still racist human garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X