Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: They are willing to destroy this country

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

The power that be are in fact worried about a violent reaction to the election outcome.

Here.

If people really think they could mount an insurrection,they might want to consider what Martial law would be like.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

I am honestly more concerned about Hillary's rhetoric over Russia. That will have much more of an affect than a few riots, which is pretty much all this will amount to, the idea of an outright civil war is absurd.

Escalating tensions with Russia is a very real possibility, especially with her zany no-fly zone scheme, and that's a global concern.
    Last edited by Denarius; 26 Oct 2016 at 20:13.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

There is the Russian Fleet steaming to Syria,though Spain denied them a refueling stop. Tensions are rising on borders in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there is this.

Russia unveils 'Satan 2' missile, could wipe out France or Texas, report says.

- - - Updated - - -

Having lived through the Cuban missile crises,this whole thing brings back very negative memories.

witchvox

Dec 2012
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    The power that be are in fact worried about a violent reaction to the election outcome.

Here.

If people really think they could mount an insurrection,they might want to consider what Martial law would be like.
    Well at least that makes me feel a little better, but after reading all that, makes me wonder if this election is only the beginning in terms of rising tensions across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    I am honestly more concerned about Hillary's rhetoric over Russia. That will have much more of an affect than a few riots, which is pretty much all this will amount to, the idea of an outright civil war is absurd.

Escalating tensions with Russia is a very real possibility, especially with her zany no-fly zone scheme, and that's a global concern.
    Right, and that's why I said it's kind of a conspiracy theory that I don't entirely believe myself, though I could easily see riots in DC. Now about Russia, that's a difficult question, is it better to stand up to what Russia's doing in the middle east and Ukraine, or just let that be and avoid war with Russia. But even then, I think the likelihood of a war with Russia is pretty low, unless other world leaders follow suit with The Philippines' president and whatnot.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase

And then there is this.

Russia unveils 'Satan 2' missile, could wipe out France or Texas, report says.

- - - Updated - - -

Having lived through the Cuban missile crises,this whole thing brings back very negative memories.
    Oh no, Russia has the capability to attack us! This is obviously a sign of unwarranted aggression towards us!

Last edited by Denarius; 26 Oct 2016 at 20:44.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

This is just how the cold war started,with escalating threats,and the if you build a big bomb,I will build a bigger bomb interaction.

I lived with this when younger,and thought after the Soviets fell we never needed to see it again,but times change things.

- - - Updated - - -

The main lesson from then is "Nobody wins"..except perhaps the cockroaches

witchvox

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase

That's the thing though, the military-industrial complex WANTS an arms race. Big profits in war, especially thanks to no-bid contracts.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

You are correct Sir,there is no money in Peace...

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised when I learned the origin of that term,Military-industrial complex,it was in fact from this man:

That is,if you are to young to remember his face,Dwight D. Eisenhower,general during the second world war,and President.

witchvox

Copper Member
    Apr 2014
    Religion
    That one where I can play with live snakes and speak gibberish.

I think a large problem with the election is that while distracted by a lunatic we ignore the inherent danger that is a Hillary Clinton. That being said we tend to ignore the inherent danger of any presidency from the status quo. The status quo being U.S. hegemony, rampant Imperialism, and working class suppression. The country has been pushed so far Right that the Democrats, while being a Right Wing political entity is viewed as Leftist and even radically Left. Obama's Supreme Court appointee is generally considered Right leaning in America's psuedo-political spectrum. It would stand to reason Clinton's nominees would not be much better.

On the subject of coups, any sort of uprising would quickly be suppressed. The idea of an armed conflict to retake the country is ridicolous. What would be effective is reorganizing the working class, workers solidarity, and mass unified movements. That has happened before with the Labor movement being the best example. We rely to much on our electoral system and beaurocracy to effect change.

It has always been easy to view Russia as the bad guys but given that the entire U.S. strategy for the pass 60 years has been one of containing Russia it is easy to understand why they view their security threatened.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    That is,if you are to young to remember his face,Dwight D. Eisenhower,general during the second world war,and President.
    Ike is one of my favorite presidents. Right up there with Coolidge, Reagan, and Carter.