This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Oh crud. This country is getting closer to World War 3. Am I the only member in this forum who's worried about this stupid fiasco? :=L:
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 Aug 2017, 12:08.

Comment

BMH,for many of us,this is not our first rodeo. As Hawk mentioned,we(some of us) went through the cold war,where this was a normal day.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        I didn't consider that part. But you're right I hope. To my eyes Kim seems a tad crazy and unpredictable, but everyone has a sense of self preservation, almost everyone at least. But neither of them seem like bright level headed people... so I'm still nervous.
        The thing is that North Korea has been playing at this game for a long time and while Tubby isn't his father, he has been at for a few years too now. If he were dumb enough to casually start a war then it probably would've happened already. I don't overly fear Kim atm. He's an ass but he dies if he does anything too stupid. His antics are just part of the game. My larger issue is that Trump has yet to convince me he knows what game he's playing let alone the rules.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          BMH,for many of us,this is not our first rodeo. As Hawk mentioned,we(some of us) went through the cold war,where this was a normal day.
          Yep. Can you say Cuban Missile Crisis?
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
          Tribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Yeah but the cold war wasn't really a war. It was more like an arugment.
            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 Aug 2017, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Yeah but the cold war wasn't really a war. It was more like an arugment.
              It actually was a war. People were dying. It was all real quiet, though, aside from the perpetual threat, and the "duck and cover" mentality.

tRump has made ineffectual know-nothing shoot first and avoid restraint the hallmarks of his administration. I hope his staff is patriotic enough to tie him to a chair until things cool down. It may be that the military will refuse to follow idiotic orders.

Then, we get a civil war.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think BMH never got to experience the Cuba crisis and then a few years later hear his president was shot in Texas,and Vietnam started being a Thing. But remember these things came AFTER a Korean war,that only ended with a cease fire,not a victory for ether side. Korea started shortly after the end of WW2,so kinda peace being in short supply.

May you live in interesting times!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I think BMH never got to experience the Cuba crisis and then a few years later hear his president was shot in Texas,and Vietnam started being a Thing. But remember these things came AFTER a Korean war,that only ended with a cease fire,not a victory for ether side. Korea started shortly after the end of WW2,so kinda peace being in short supply.

May you live in interesting times!
                  Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  It actually was a war. People were dying. It was all real quiet, though, aside from the perpetual threat, and the "duck and cover" mentality.

tRump has made ineffectual know-nothing shoot first and avoid restraint the hallmarks of his administration. I hope his staff is patriotic enough to tie him to a chair until things cool down. It may be that the military will refuse to follow idiotic orders.

Then, we get a civil war.
                  I was very young back then. So I definitely didn't understand there was really a war back then. But in all honesty it's looks like Trump will go all out stupid for North Korea to strike.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    The thing is that North Korea has been playing at this game for a long time and while Tubby isn't his father, he has been at for a few years too now. If he were dumb enough to casually start a war then it probably would've happened already. I don't overly fear Kim atm. He's an ass but he dies if he does anything too stupid. His antics are just part of the game. My larger issue is that Trump has yet to convince me he knows what game he's playing let alone the rules.
                    Exactly. Trump has no clue what he's doing. In wouldn't be nearly as nervous about Korea if I knew that your president had a working set of brain cells to play with... But I see your point with Kim.

Also. Random info. My grandfather on my fater's side was a ship mechanic in the Korean war
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I thought this might be interesting.

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776
                      The U.S. has never gone a decade without war

Read here.

Site has a list of every year,and every war.

Kind of makes you think.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        Also. Random info. My grandfather on my fater's side was a ship mechanic in the Korean war
                        My dad was infantry in the last Korean war.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My dad was a cook in WW2(long story,he was supposed to be a tail gunner,but was injured,and ended up a cook) If not for the injury I might not have been born.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My grandmother worked at a sewing factory during WW2 and her union contributed to war bonds. There was an article in the paper with a group photo, which I have. It's dated Oct. 28, 1943. I don't think any relatives served in the military since the Civil War. None are in the age range now, should the draft be used any time soon.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Think during WWII all my relatives served that could. My grandfather didn't as we worked in a shipyard building ships and they deemed that higher as he said. His brothers were all in the military though. My dad lied about his age and went into the National Guard and did his time. Got out just prior to Vietnam, after sometime out went to go back in but told him he had to many kids. Myself I served for nearly 24 years.

To be honest I don't think Trump would be dumb enough to release nuc's over North Korea. Well that and don't think the Command Structure would support any decision like that. Lots of rattling the sword and talking big I think. He's the new kid on the block and the other kids are still trying to push him. Main difference I see is as a nation we're just not quite so used to it being this visible when the President says he'll strike back. Other's said it though the media didn't blast it all over the place.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I forgot to add that my relatives are very, very few and far between. I only have 3 cousins (all over 45 now) and 1 aunt. One cousin has a 2 year old child. That's all, folks! LOL

I don't think 45 will do anything first. But if Lil Kim decides to shoot off more than his mouth, all options open up.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X