Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Menstrual Cycle

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    In the 1920's there were still people writing in academic journals that a menstruating woman would harm plants, even flowers in a vase.
    Seriously? That is crazy. I knew there were all kinds of crazy superstitions around menstruation historically but less than a century ago? Sigh.

In high school (equivalent to junior high in the States), I once told my boyfriend that I had my period to which he replied, 'didn't you have it yesterday? Do you have one every day?'.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

You must remember women here in the US only got the vote in about 1920,almost 100 years ago,maybe a bit less.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The menstrual cycle truly is a fascinating subject, and I think one of our biggest problems is though we half-ass teach a woman about her body (depending on where you are, I have met girls who think you can get pregnant from kissing) we really don't teach guys anything about it. I think we'd have WAY less unplanned pregnancies if we just educated people on the female body and how it works.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Ooh, do tell more!
          Honestly Jem, download this book onto Kobo or kindle on your phone. It was under 20 bucks im sure and it has ALL the questions.

On cervical mucus, simply put the cervix produces mucus, the mucus changes depending on your fertility and when you have watched it for a while you will know your pattern. You can't get pregnant when the mucus is tacky and thick because sperm can't swim through it and it's pH isn't right. It becomes thinner and waterier as you get closer to ovulation and the sperm is able to swim through it.

shit dont work when i use forum runner. yall get over it.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It may gross some people out (there are pics of bodily fluids). But here's what to look for: http://www.babycenter.com/101_what-c...le_10351429.bc

Iit just inhibits motility. But...considering sperm can live as long as 5 days in the lady bits, it's a bad idea to actually use that as an indicator. I've seen more people knocked up trying to prevent pregnancy with NFP than people getting pregnant trying to use it.
            Last edited by thalassa; 29 Oct 2016, 06:45.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

the egg whites get you every time.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That websites helpful thanks Thal. I learnt about NFP about a year ago and I do keep an eye on my CM but wasn't sure I had it right. That confirms it for me.

I'm really bad at tracking my cycle, and haven't worked out my basic infertile pattern etc yet. I tried for a month to do body temperature and CM and it seems I didnt ovulate that month lol. I can see how people would get pregnant from this all the time. Some how not me though haha.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Does anyone know if the progesterone only pill is as bad as the combined pill? I mentioned that I'm giving it a try because I'm oestrogen dominant so the combined pill is no good for me. When I've tried to Google it, everything that is anti-contraceptive pill talks about the negative effects of oestrogen. Yet when they mention alternatives they don't list the progesterone only (or mini) pill. It may be because it's not as effective, but there's actually a new one out that I've been given that claims to be just as effective as the combined pill, and you get a 12 hour window instead of just a 3 hour window in which to take it. The failure to mention the progesterone only pill as an alternative makes me wonder if it's just as bad? Not that it will stop me from taking it. I'll give it a few months before I decide if it's worth continuing with it, but I want to make an informed decision.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    Does anyone know if the progesterone only pill is as bad as the combined pill? I mentioned that I'm giving it a try because I'm oestrogen dominant so the combined pill is no good for me. When I've tried to Google it, everything that is anti-contraceptive pill talks about the negative effects of oestrogen. Yet when they mention alternatives they don't list the progesterone only (or mini) pill. It may be because it's not as effective, but there's actually a new one out that I've been given that claims to be just as effective as the combined pill, and you get a 12 hour window instead of just a 3 hour window in which to take it. The failure to mention the progesterone only pill as an alternative makes me wonder if it's just as bad? Not that it will stop me from taking it. I'll give it a few months before I decide if it's worth continuing with it, but I want to make an informed decision.
                    No idea Jem, only ever done the other one. I think in this case you just gotta wait and see.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm getting sick of the wrong CM in my jocks. According to my tracking app im fertile, well I bloody well aint according to CM!!!

At what point should this go to the ladies bits thread lol

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        I'm getting sick of the wrong CM in my jocks. According to my tracking app im fertile, well I bloody well aint according to CM!!!

At what point should this go to the ladies bits thread lol

Get the sticks you pee on--ovulation test kits. Use them for the next few cycles to chart when you start, so you have an personalized idea that corresponds with your CM and cycle. Individual cycles tend to vary quite a bit.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Get the sticks you pee on--ovulation test kits. Use them for the next few cycles to chart when you start, so you have an personalized idea that corresponds with your CM and cycle. Individual cycles tend to vary quite a bit.
                          Yeah but they're expensive and if you're not close to ovulation they don't work do they? I've tried to use BBT as well as CM but I had no spike at all that month 😑

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yeah but they're expensive and if you're not close to ovulation they don't work do they? I've tried to use BBT as well as CM but I had no spike at all that month 😑

Comment

Those saliva ones were the ones I wanted to try.

We don't have Amazon in Oz the way you guys do either.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Those saliva ones were the ones I wanted to try.

We don't have Amazon in Oz the way you guys do either.
                                Hmm.. don't you have any equivalent to amazon? The strips I have are called 'One Step', so maybe goole the 'One Step test strips' and see if anything comes up? They're made in China (and EU approved for those of us making the most of membership while it lasts ^^) so they might distribute to Australia. But yeah, if you're being forced to pay those mental prices I can see how it can get expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Update.. was curious and started reading the reviews and questions on Amazon. Someone said their peak day was actually right after their period!! Someone was complaining that the strip doesn't change for them (it is 99% accurate so this shouldn't happen unless they're not ovulating properly). The person who replied therefore suggested testing even while you're bleeding because they might be missing the peak.

Thought this might be useful to know if you're not getting a positive result.

Comment

Working...
                                X