What books have influenced your path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What books have influenced your path?

Doesn't have to be pagan books or particularily great books or anything you would recommend to someone else. Maybe it was the sloppy fantasy novel that had one good idea or maybe it was the crime novel with the occultist murderer or what have you. Anything goes as long as it's a book of some sort and has had an impact on your pagan path.
    baah.

Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. I now call my goddess figures Doni's. And i wish I could be Ayla.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What books have influenced your path?

Hmm, there are many books that have inspired me over the years, but if I were to narrow it down to books that actually changed my beliefs or way of working, then I'd have to say (and in this order of significance);

The Onion Girl by Charlse De Lint. -Fiction but a very good depiction of the spirit worlds. Changed not only my entire spiritual outlook, but also shaped me as a person.

Be a Goddess by Francesca de Grandis. -instructional. She calls herself a wiccan but what she teaches is actually closer to Anderson Feri than wicca.

The Journey to You; a shaman's path to empowerment by Ross Heaven. -Instructional and thought provoking, I still use his journeying technique to this day.

There are so many more that helped to shape my path. I've borrowed a lot from Druidcraft for example, but these 3 really sent my path spinning off from my traditional (small t) wiccan roots, and towards the path I'm on now.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
      X