How to recognise a pagan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to recognise a pagan?

Been wanting to share these for days but only just getting round to it (I'm trying to cut down on my PF time a little because I've noticed my time spent here has crept up again).

The plan was to write my own description to add to the list of pagan types in the link on page 1. I couldn't decide what I am though, so I decided to copy this poster...

...and write an exaggerated version of how I view my path, and a worst-case scenario of how I think I might come across to other folk!

Type of pagan I think I am;

Bio-regional Shamanic Witch:
    The BSW does most of her work either out in nature or in the inner worlds of the subconscious mind. She has no need for magic circles or formal rituals. Her spiritual allies are the ancestral spirits of her area and she times her workings and rituals in accordance to local weather and tidal patterns. Her spiritual work involves continuous personal development and she also considers herself both healer and witch to her local community which she serves through her career and her volunteering.

Distinguishing signs:
    Her legs are either covered in mud or talc depending on whether it's a work day or not. There's a feint smell of incense smoke on her clothes. Frequently spotted hanging around an old cemetery, a wooded park or the ruins of a former castle.

Type of pagan other pagans think I am;

The Weeawoo-woo:
    A distant cousin of the fluffy-bunny, the weeawoo-woo is a happy-go-lucky creature with her head in the clouds. To her the world is 2-dimentional, brightly coloured and everyone is poorly animated with giant heads and tiny bodies. She easily latches onto new spiritual ideas and is allured by the idea that happy thoughts make a happy shiny world filled with rainbows and kittens. She raises energy by dancing to J-pop and her spiritual allies are all miniature talking animals that only she can see.

Distinguishing signs:
    Her ritual robes are decorated with ribbons and candy canes and she wears a giant bow in her hair. A repetitive cut scene plays whenever she casts a circle and her invocations are in Japanese. Her tarot deck of choice is the Happy Tarot.
    Last edited by Jembru; 08 Nov 2016, 06:04.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

vote Satan!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Bio-regional Shamanic Witch:
        The BSW does most of her work either out in nature or in the inner worlds of the subconscious mind. She has no need for magic circles or formal rituals. Her spiritual allies are the ancestral spirits of her area and she times her workings and rituals in accordance to local weather and tidal patterns. Her spiritual work involves continuous personal development and she also considers herself both healer and witch to her local community which she serves through her career and her volunteering.

Distinguishing signs:
        Her legs are either covered in mud or talc depending on whether it's a work day or not. There's a feint smell of incense smoke on her clothes. Frequently spotted hanging around an old cemetery, a wooded park or the ruins of a former castle.
        I like this definition. Speaks to me. Not that I do that. But I like it.

Personally im more panel 6 in your picture haha
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Jem- do you mean to tell me pagans *don't* cover ourselves in blood and skimpy outfits?

Gosh, now I just feel stupid in this leather bikini...

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
            Jem- do you mean to tell me pagans *don't* cover ourselves in blood and skimpy outfits?

Pictures???
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              I like this definition. Speaks to me. Not that I do that. But I like it.

Personally im more panel 6 in your picture haha
              I'm totally panel 6 too! Couldn't tell you the number of 'rituals' I've done in the past that ended up being me just lighting a candle on the fireplace and then cuddling up on the sofa drinking wine from a chalice!

Like I said, the first description is how I'd like to see myself. The reality isn't nearly so romantic. It's largely me getting cold or bored after about 5 minutes at arriving at said sacred site so saying a few words and heading back. I'm lucky if I make it to the gardening group twice a month because of my shift pattern and my idea of being a healer to my community is making my colleagues a cuppa and letting them vent to me when they've had a bad day. You know, like EVERYONE does.

Mind you, I laughed after I posted about my thought form kokeshi doll yesterday. I was totally channeling the weeawoo-woo.

Originally posted by Chessa View Post

Funny you should mention that. I read with interest in Carr-Gomm's Druidcraft that the idea of skyclad comes from Jainism where there are two types of dress 'sky-clad' and 'white-clad', with the wiccans adopting the former and the druids the latter. Being neither wiccan nor druid, but certainly influenced by both paths, I was left with the dilemma 'to robe or not to robe'. In the end I bought a beautiful floor length, long sleeved chiffon dress and removed the lining so that it's see through.

Nailed it!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                I'm totally panel 6 too! Couldn't tell you the number of 'rituals' I've done in the past that ended up being me just lighting a candle on the fireplace and then cuddling up on the sofa drinking wine from a chalice!

Like I said, the first description is how I'd like to see myself. The reality isn't nearly so romantic. It's largely me getting cold or bored after about 5 minutes at arriving at said sacred site so saying a few words and heading back. I'm lucky if I make it to the gardening group twice a month because of my shift pattern and my idea of being a healer to my community is making my colleagues a cuppa and letting them vent to me when they've had a bad day. You know, like EVERYONE does.
                Yeah, I tend to see my 'ritual' in normal every day things. But I'd prefer to have something more 'ritualised'. Tempted to start up a thread about it. Thinking about it for ages.

I was left with the dilemma 'to robe or not to robe'. In the end I bought a beautiful floor length, long sleeved chiffon dress and removed the lining so that it's see through.

Nailed it!
                again, Pics? :P
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment